RBY OU Team

Exeggutor (M) @ (No Item)
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
- Explosion
- Mega Drain

Fairly standard set. I dont like using stun spore because it feels so bad when I have sleep powder instead xD Im thinking it might be better though since it still deters the Starmie and Rhydon just as mega drain does.

Snorlax (M) @ (No Item)
- Body Slam
- Selfdestruct
- Rest
- Hyper Beam

Wondering if rest + selfdestruct is worth it together, but being able to easily get around Chansey while still maintaining offensive presence against things I dont want to explode on is nice.

Chansey (F) @ (No Item)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled

Standard.

Golem (F) @ (No Item)
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- Explosion
- Substitute

No rock slide since Im ok with just paraing Zapdos.

Tauros (M) @ (No Item)
- Body Slam
- Blizzard
- Hyper Beam
- Earthquake

Standard.

Starmie @ (No Item)
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

I never really felt the need to have a stab attack, especially since its not very good for coverage and thunderwave is so good.

Mainly, I have two questions: Do you really need earthquake on Snorlax, and why is this team RBY Ubers/Stadium tradebacks (I cant play under OU)?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
^Because Rate My Team is no longer for past-gen teams, if the guy was wondering. ;/ But uhh, nice generic template there anyway. Obviously no items but genders don't exist in RBY either... :evan: And when introduced in GSC they're based off the Attack IV, meaning using a female Golem would be idiotic.

Rest + SelfDestruct is fine but Snorlax is crippled without a move to hit Golem/Rhydon to deter them absorbing its STAB attacks. Earthquake is just one option which also hits Gengar and can scout for Counter against Chansey and friends while still hitting their weaker Defense if you mispredict. Verbatim from our site analysis:

Earthquake is mostly for Golem, Rhydon, and Gengar, all of which would otherwise take on mono-Normal Snorlax easily. It can also check for Counter on certain Pokemon, especially Chansey, which will KO it if it attacks her with Body Slam. Surf is another popular choice to hit Golem and Rhydon, two of the best Snorlax switch-ins, a lot harder than Earthquake and usually KOes them after a Body Slam. However, if you drop Earthquake, Snorlax will be pretty worthless against Gengar and Counter Chansey; forgoing Hyper Beam will limit Snorlax's offense against everything in general, especially towards the end of the game.
Blizzard is also an option that will eat Dragonite and let you go for freeze hax if it's needed, while still 2HKOing Golem-Rhydon. Other than that, not a whole lot to say about RBY teams. "Rhydon is better than Golem." And as far as the simulator problem is concerned, I don't know since I haven't used much of PO. Doesn't it not have standard 6v6 RBY singles at all? I see no reason this team wouldn't fall under regular ol' OU otherwise.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PO has standard RBY. NBS is the preferred simulator atm because of a few wrap bugs in PO.

Golem (F) @ (No Item)
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- Explosion
- Substitute

No rock slide since Im ok with just paraing Zapdos.
Articuno's gonna love that, and so's Exeggutor.

Mainly, I have two questions: Do you really need earthquake on Snorlax,
No. You do need a way to fight Golem and Rhydon, though. No Reflect and no SE moves (EQ/Surf) means you don't have that.

and why is this team RBY Ubers/Stadium tradebacks (I cant play under OU)?
Because the PO RBY OU tier is in the gen Yellow, while RBY Ubers is in the gen Stadium+Tradebacks. Since you apparently made the team under the latter, it was listed as Ubers. You need to set the gen to Yellow to qualify for RBY OU.

very standard, everything looks fine except snorlax. Maybe something like

All-purpose

Self-destruct
Amnesia
Blizzard
Body Slam

or

Late game (lol - 20 turns in) sweep

Thunderbolt
Amnesia
Rest/Hyper beam/Body slam
Blizzard

Also you could consider Hyper beam over earthquake/blizzard on taurus. sure, you lose gengar or golem/exeggutor cover, but chansey is on every team and some bring her in on taurus. hyper kills her after slam. meh just a thought.

This team is very similar to the one I used and my biggest fear was amnesia slowbro. if he causes too much problems consider putting an electric move on taurus or dropping the bull altogether for another exploder.

very standard, everything looks fine except snorlax. Maybe something like

All-purpose

Self-destruct
Amnesia
Blizzard
Body Slam
I don't like this set. It's wholly based on faking out your opponent with Amnesia so that they won't expect Selfdestruct.

or

Late game (lol - 20 turns in) sweep

Thunderbolt
Amnesia
Rest/Hyper beam/Body slam
Blizzard
20 turns isn't really "late-game".

Also you could consider Hyper beam over earthquake/blizzard on taurus. sure, you lose gengar or golem/exeggutor cover, but chansey is on every team and some bring her in on taurus. hyper kills her after slam. meh just a thought.
He already has Hyper Beam on Tauros.

This team is very similar to the one I used and my biggest fear was amnesia slowbro. if he causes too much problems consider putting an electric move on taurus or dropping the bull altogether for another exploder.
Thunderbolt on Tauros is for Cloyster, not Slowbro. Slowbro always has Amnesia, which blocks Thunderbolt barring a crit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)