Classic Ribbon
Event KOR
Volcarona
Modest Flame Body
31/31/31/31/31/27
OT 3 Kor Letters then 12 ID 06092
From Unova
Classic Ribbon

Do any of you know if this Pokemon could be Legit?
Latias: Timid: 6IVs
Description "Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto Region" "Takes plenty of Siestas"
OT: Wesley
ID:50244
No Ribbons

Do any of you know if this Pokemon could be Legit?
Latias: Timid: 6IVs
Description "Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto Region" "Takes plenty of Siestas"
OT: Wesley
ID:50244
No Ribbons
It's possibly legal

Just picked up a copy of HeartGold with dozens of hacked pokemon in it – but also a handful that look like they might be legit.

Unusually, though, several pokemon have stats like this:

Arceus, serious (level 100)
Speed: 256

or

Registeel, jolly (level 85)
Sp. Atk: 124

According to Serebii's stat calc, those stats are too low to be legal. Seems weird that someone would hack in an otherwise legal pokemon, including legal movesets/abilities, and then have a stat that's too weak to be legal. (Not a single one of these 'mons has a 6IV spread, either.) Any explanation for this? Or should I just assume they're strange hacks?

Last edited:
Just picked up a copy of HeartGold with dozens of hacked pokemon in it – but also a handful that look like they might be legit.

Unusually, though, several pokemon have stats like this:

Arceus, serious (level 100)
Speed: 256

or

Registeel, jolly (level 85)
Sp. Atk: 124

According to Serebii's stat calc, those stats are too low to be legal. Seems weird that someone would hack in an otherwise legal pokemon, including legal movesets/abilities, and then have a stat that's too weak to be legal. (Not a single one of these 'mons has a 6IV spread, either.) Any explanation for this? Or should I just assume they're strange hacks?
The lowest speed for a Serious level 100 Arceus is 245, Jolly lvl 85 Registeel is 99. Either Serebii's stat calc isn't working (not sure why you're using Serebii for anything other than sprites and news though) or you're using it wrong.

Also, assume everything on used games are hacked, especially if there are obvious hacks on the save.

Ah, excellent. It's possible I was misreading the output (it said it "does not compute ... should be 269 to 303.")

Have a better IV calc I can use on the fly? I'm just returning to the franchise, so I'm kinda feeling my way in the dark on a lot of the tools. I really just wanted something faster to use than pokecheck (having to set up my DNS and then cart 6 at a time into the GTS makes me a little crazy).

Ah, excellent. It's possible I was misreading the output (it said it "does not compute ... should be 269 to 303.")

Have a better IV calc I can use on the fly? I'm just returning to the franchise, so I'm kinda feeling my way in the dark on a lot of the tools. I really just wanted something faster to use than pokecheck (having to set up my DNS and then cart 6 at a time into the GTS makes me a little crazy).
I use psypoketool's IV Calculator and it's never failed me :)

Use MetalKid's IV calculator - best IV calculator on the web. You can find this godsend here.

Just follow the simple and easy-to-read instructions and you'll be golden.

Just got this on the GTS:

Suicune
Shiny
Level 30
Flawless IVs in all 6

My concern:
Inside Pokeball
From Johto Region
OT: DAVID
ID: 06655

Isn't level 30 versions of the three dogs inside the Event Pokeball only along with a certain OT/ID?

Just got this on the GTS:

Suicune
Shiny
Level 30
Flawless IVs in all 6

My concern:
Inside Pokeball
From Johto Region
OT: DAVID
ID: 06655

Isn't level 30 versions of the three dogs inside the Event Pokeball only along with a certain OT/ID?
Definite hack, you are correct.

Dunno if events Bold well for a Cheak without a program but here
Event Pichu
Jolly Static
24 / 4 - 6 / 24 / 0 - 3 / 20 - 23 / 24 - 26
OT SPR2010 ID 03050
From Sinnoh
Classic Ribbon
Event KOR
Volcarona
Modest Flame Body
31/31/31/31/31/27
From Unova
Classic Ribbon
Almost 1 Week and Still no Reply? =(
Edit* there both Shiny*

Dunno if events Bold well for a Cheak without a program but here
Event Pichu
Jolly Static
24 / 4 - 6 / 24 / 0 - 3 / 20 - 23 / 24 - 26
OT SPR2010 ID 03050
From Sinnoh
Classic Ribbon
Event KOR
Volcarona
Modest Flame Body
31/31/31/31/31/27
From Unova
Classic Ribbon
Any other details you can provide? Ball, characteristic, level, etc? Also, two things, 1) the volcarona is the korean event, right, and two) is the ot 선발전12?

Any other details you can provide? Ball, characteristic, level, etc? Also, two things, 1) the volcarona is the korean event, right, and two) is the ot 선발전12?
Both are in Cherish Balls and and Yes Volc lvl 100 has that OT Volc Likes to take Siestas and Pichu lvl 30 Good Perseverance

So i want to verify this before using this, plus this is just rumors so here i go

rumor on the deep web is that instacheck is back but as another program. i haven't tried it and i figured smogon would have exploded if this was true. but my research has shown up with nothing and i want to ask about the legitimacy of this program. (i can't seem to find the appropriate Q&A forum for this other than this one as all other instacheck forums are locked). istacheck made breeding and shiny hunting so much easier than my Medusa breeds. anyway here is the link to the program and if anyone has has any idea about it all i know is that it requires a powersave and i don't know what that is. im not computer savvy. http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?37221-(X-Y)-KeySAV-Box-Data-Viewer

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
So i want to verify this before using this, plus this is just rumors so here i go

rumor on the deep web is that instacheck is back but as another program. i haven't tried it and i figured smogon would have exploded if this was true. but my research has shown up with nothing and i want to ask about the legitimacy of this program. (i can't seem to find the appropriate Q&A forum for this other than this one as all other instacheck forums are locked). istacheck made breeding and shiny hunting so much easier than my Medusa breeds. anyway here is the link to the program and if anyone has has any idea about it all i know is that it requires a powersave and i don't know what that is. im not computer savvy. http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?37221-(X-Y)-KeySAV-Box-Data-Viewer
Lol, it's called KeySAV and it's been around for months. I think you're a little late to the party buddy (it's how there's so many kalos bred shinies floating around in threads, and why nearly everyone has their TSV in their signature). There's also KeyBV, which is new and requires no Powersaves or digital copy.

Lol, it's called KeySAV and it's been around for months. I think you're a little late to the party buddy (it's how there's so many kalos bred shinies floating around in threads, and why nearly everyone has their TSV in their signature). There's also KeyBV, which is new and requires no Powersaves or digital copy.
cool thanks

I got a Shiny Bold Cresselia w/ perfect 6IVS and a Premier Ribbon

OT: Diego
ID: 54936

I am worried this guy is hacked, and not exactly sure where to check, any one know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)