[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Not necessarily; from a glance, it looks like one of those Jungle Tour celebis from Japan back from 2006 (iirc, it was 06?)

Judging from the derpy IVs/Nature, it's not out of the realm of possibility to obtain one from the Gen IV/V GTS back when it was still active.

Suicune I wouldn't trust unless it came from someone who's known to RNG abuse.
I see. I'll keep Suicune buried in my Bank then. I was mostly concerned about the Celebi, because even if its IVs and nature aren't useful, it's still from an old event, so if it's authentic that's a plus for me (because collection).

And yes, the Mitsurin Celebi was distributed in 2006 according to Bulbapedia.

I see. I'll keep Suicune buried in my Bank then. I was mostly concerned about the Celebi, because even if its IVs and nature aren't useful, it's still from an old event, so if it's authentic that's a plus for me (because collection).

And yes, the Mitsurin Celebi was distributed in 2006 according to Bulbapedia.
I want to check my Suicune when I get home. I have one just like that, which I RNGed when it first came out. Can't remember what mine's OT IS is though. Yours could be legal.

Edit: Yep mine has the same OT. 6IVs too. And again I RNGed mine. I'd say it's legal.

Last edited:
Just curious: what is Smogon's opinion of legit Pokemon (obtained by other people) that were uploaded to pokecheck, downloaded using the .pkm files and transferred up to gen 6? I'm referring to non-hacked Pokemon (and events) that passed all legality checks and weren't RNG'd.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just curious: what is Smogon's opinion of legit Pokemon (obtained by other people) that were uploaded to pokecheck, downloaded using the .pkm files and transferred up to gen 6? I'm referring to non-hacked Pokemon (and events) that passed all legality checks and weren't RNG'd.
It depends how they were downloaded from Pokécheck. If they have the Classic Ribbon (and they were not supposed to) then they are "improperly cloned" and may not be traded here. If they were downloaded from Pokécheck in some other manner then fine.

In general, anything legitimate is absolutely fine, so long as the user in question knows what that means. For example, it is perfectly possible to incorrectly inject a legitimate Pokémon and in the process make it illegal... There's also an issue that "passed all legality checks" doesn't mean legitimate... It means (most likely) legal. If you're sure the Pokémon in question are legitimate (not just (most likely) legal), and you downloaded and injected them appropriately however, fine.

It depends how they were downloaded from Pokécheck. If they have the Classic Ribbon (and they were not supposed to) then they are "improperly cloned" and may not be traded here. If they were downloaded from Pokécheck in some other manner then fine.

In general, anything legitimate is absolutely fine, so long as the user in question knows what that means. For example, it is perfectly possible to incorrectly inject a legitimate Pokémon and in the process make it illegal... There's also an issue that "passed all legality checks" doesn't mean legitimate... It means (most likely) legal. If you're sure the Pokémon in question are legitimate (not just (most likely) legal), and you downloaded and injected them appropriately however, fine.
Thanks, that answers my question perfectly. :)

I have a feeling this is hacked, but:

Language: SPA
Species: Rayquaza
OT: Some Japanese text
ID No.: 03172
IVs: Not sure, but has a stat spread of 361/363//255/303/213/215
EVs (optional): Random EVs
Ability: Air Lock
Pokemon's name: Rayquaza
Level: 100
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Shiny?: Yes
Pentagon?: None
Moves: (Changed by myself) Dragon Claw/Dragon Ascent/Brick Break/Waterfall
Nature: Impish
Region of origin: The Unova Region
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ribbons: Hoenn Champion Ribbon, Kalos Champion Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Got over WT, has no memory

The fact that it has a Japanese OT, Spanish Language and an English nickname screams hacked to me. Also the fact of it being Shiny and Cherish Ball without a Classic Ribbon just adds to it.

Language: american
Species: eevee
OT: yoshi
ID No.: 10546
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Ability: adaptability
Pokemon's name: eevee
Level: 1
Pokeball: pokeball
Shiny?: yes
Pentagon?: yes
Moves: synchronise/wish/tackle/tail whip
Nature: bashful
Region of origin: day care helpers
Characteristic: takes plenty siestas
Ribbons: none

Language: ENG
Species: Meloetta
OT: SPR2013
ID No.: 03013
EVs (optional): Idk
Ability: Serene Grace
Pokemon's name: Meloetta
Level: Currently at 63
Shiny?: No
Pentagon?: No
Moves: Calm Mind, Focus Blast, Psychic, Relic Song
Nature: Modest
Region of origin: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach Kalos region from the Unova region
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ribbons: Kalos champion ribbon & Wishing ribbon

Species: Meloetta
OT: SPR2013
ID No.: 03013
EVs (optional): Idk
Ability: Serene Grace
Pokemon's name: Meloetta
Level: Currently at 63
Moves: Calm Mind, Focus Blast, Psychic, Relic Song
Region of origin: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach Kalos region from the Unova region
Ribbons: Kalos champion ribbon & Wishing ribbon
http://serebii.net/events/dex/648.shtml
^ There is a link to serebii's event database for meloetta. The OT and ID match the gen 5 event, and has the same event ribbon too. As it is gen 5, RNGing was possible, and hex flawless spreads are possible. The moves are correct, and does say it is from unova. I may treat it with caution, but it looks like a standard RNGed one to me.

Language: JAP
Species: Shaymin
OT: しようた (something like that... I don't speak Japanese)
ID No.: 06561
IVs: 27/29/28/31/28/31 (Hidden Power Ghost)
Ability: Natural Cure
Pokemon's name: シェイミ
Level: 46
Pokeball: Repeat Ball
Moves: Psychic, Sweet Scent, Dazzling Gleam, Synthesis
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Sinnoh (Fateful encounter)
Ribbons: Kalos Champion Ribbon

Language: JAP
Species: Shaymin
OT: しようた (something like that... I don't speak Japanese)
ID No.: 06561
IVs: 27/29/28/31/28/31 (Hidden Power Ghost)
Ability: Natural Cure
Pokemon's name: シェイミ
Level: 46
Pokeball: Repeat Ball
Moves: Psychic, Sweet Scent, Dazzling Gleam, Synthesis
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Sinnoh (Fateful encounter)
Ribbons: Kalos Champion Ribbon
I'm gonna go with possibly legit. Spread and nature appear to be possible and Fateful encounter wild Shaymin was available in Platinum. It might be a RNGed one with a close as perfect spread, I dunno.

Don't Wanna use hacked pokemon in battle spot
Language: English
Species: Azumarill
OT: Henry
ID No.: 10000
EVs (optional): 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 37 Spe / 212 HP / 5 Def
Ability: Huge Power
Pokemon's name: Azumarill
Level: 58
Pokeball: Heavy
Moves: Aqua Jet,Play Rough,Belly Drum,Super Power
Nature: Adamant
Region of origin: Hoenn (Oras) Blue Pentagon
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Ribbons: N/A
Other comments (optional): Egg Obtained 1/1/2015
Egg Hatched: 1/1/2015
Where:Fabled Cave

Memories: Azumarill encountered Zekrom when it was with Henry. The pokemon remembers that it grinned And Azumarill soared through the sky with Henry and went to many different places

Species: Moltres
OT: Kuuga
ID No.: 37605
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: Moltres
Pokeball: Dive ball
Pentagon?: Yes
Moves: Safeguard, Air Slash, Sunny Day, Heat Wave
Region of origin: Kalos (Sea Spirit's Den)
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons: None

Language: FRE
Species: Articuno
OT: Alex
ID No.: 32108
IVs: above average (no 31 or 0 IV)
Pokemon's name: Artikodin
Level: 50
Pokeball: Dusk ball
Shiny?: no
Pentagon?: no
Moves: Ancient Power, Ice Beam, Reflect
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin: Johto
Ribbons: no

I am pretty sure they are hack. But I want to be sure. Thanks for your help.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Don't Wanna use hacked pokemon in battle spot
Language: English
Species: Azumarill
OT: Henry
ID No.: 10000
EVs (optional): 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 37 Spe / 212 HP / 5 Def
Ability: Huge Power
Pokemon's name: Azumarill
Level: 58
Pokeball: Heavy
Moves: Aqua Jet,Play Rough,Belly Drum,Super Power
Nature: Adamant
Region of origin: Hoenn (Oras) Blue Pentagon
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Ribbons: N/A
Other comments (optional): Egg Obtained 1/1/2015
Egg Hatched: 1/1/2015
Where:Fabled Cave

Memories: Azumarill encountered Zekrom when it was with Henry. The pokemon remembers that it grinned And Azumarill soared through the sky with Henry and went to many different places
The ID# and Egg Obtained and Hatched dates seem a little too perfect to me, it seems as if they were genned and the person genning them didn't bother to fill in any of that information, leaving it as default. Aside from that, all of the other info is technically possible, but yeah, the ID# and egg info seems pretty sketchy to me.
Species: Moltres
OT: Kuuga
ID No.: 37605
Pokemon's name: Moltres
Pokeball: Dive ball
Pentagon?: Yes
Moves: Safeguard, Air Slash, Sunny Day, Heat Wave
Region of origin: Kalos (Sea Spirit's Den)
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons: None

IVs: above average (no 31 or 0 IV)

I am pretty sure they are hack. But I want to be sure. Thanks for your help.
Moltres is quite possibly a hack, since it is quite rare to find 6 IV legends while SRing (though not impossible). Letting us know where you got it would help a lot (if it's Wonder Trade or from a random passerby, it's probably a hack).

The second one is likely legit, I believe all Pokemon caught in HGSS show up as coming from Johto. Plus, since it's not shiny and doesn't have any perfect IVs makes one wonder why someone would bother hacking it. That one at least seems to be perfectly legit.

.com

Grumpy old man
~ Shaymin ~
The same Shaymin was hack checked here, and was stated to be a hack; so proceed with caution.

That said, they may have missed something.
There's 2 PIDs with those exact IVs and nature, and only one of them gives Mischievous as a characteristic.
This one also makes the TID perfectly reasonable (frame ~9000).
So I suppose my response would be outwardly legal (although perhaps I've missed something the other person was aware of, such as commonly hacked OT, etc.).

~ Azumarill ~
Seems doubtful that it's legitimate. 10000 seems like something someone would enter if typing, and 1/1/2015 is the default for an application which could do this sort of thing.
No way to be sure though.

~ Moltres ~
If it's the same one as here, definitely hacked.

~ Articuno ~
OP said:
IVs: The exact IVs of all 6 stats (please do not include ranges). Use an IV Calculator such as Metalkid's if you need to.
Please find the IVs, these are important in hack checking.

Message to hack checkers:
Please do not post here unless you're pretty confident about your check.

I'm not gonna name names, but we don't need people saying "seems fine" or "matches the details on Serebii/Bulbapedia/etc.". These can (shockingly) also be looked up very quickly by a hacker and give little evidence one way or the other.

Obviously, saying "doesn't match the details on Serebii/Bulbapedia/etc." is perfectly fine to claim it's hacked, assuming you know there are no other events which could result in the Pokémon.

If it's the same one as here, definitely hacked.
After I check, it's someone else who trade it to me (from GTS against Polar Vivillon I put)

Please find the IVs, these are important in hack checking.
I put back the Articuno.

IVs: 9/10/26/10/24/26

.com

Grumpy old man
~ MOLTRES ~
Then my guess would be that it is one that someone downloaded from the link I posted before and consequently a hack.
~ ARTICUNO ~
If it's possible you've found the IVs incorrectly [Pokémon could have EVs], or have assumed any values when the calculator gave them as ranges, then it may be fine (as it seems unlikely someone would hack those particular IVs onto a Pokémon).
However if those IVs are accurate I can't find any seed which would generate those IVs+Nature available in HGSS, in which case it's a hack too (regardless of how bad the IVs are).

Edit: Calculated the stats from those IVs, and then entered those into an IV calculator. Found these ranges:
8–9 | 10–11 | 26 | 10–11 | 24–25 | 26

Checking across these ranges, only 3 combinations were possible with Jolly, and only
8 | 10 | 26 | 10 | 24 | 26
had the appropriate Characteristic. If you are particularly interested in doing so, try to confirm the HP IV, if it's 8 instead of 9, then it's legal from all the information given.

Last edited:
Then my guess would be that it is one that someone downloaded from the link I posted before and consequently a hack.

If it's possible you've found the IVs incorrectly [Pokémon could have EVs], or have assumed any values when the calculator gave them as ranges, then it may be fine (as it seems unlikely someone would hack those particular IVs onto a Pokémon).
However if those IVs are accurate I can't find any seed which would generate those IVs+Nature available in HGSS, in which case it's a hack too (regardless of how bad the IVs are).

Edit: Calculated the stats from those IVs, and then entered those into an IV calculator. Found these ranges:
8–9 | 10–11 | 26 | 10–11 | 24–25 | 26

Checking across these ranges, only 3 combinations were possible with Jolly, and only
8 | 10 | 26 | 10 | 24 | 26
had the appropriate Characteristic. If you are particularly interested in doing so, try to confirm the HP IV, if it's 8 instead of 9, then it's legal from all the information given.
It's funny how far you went just for a crappy Articuno :)

Regardless, how do you find those spreads? That'll be useful in the future for me to check stuff. Also, based on this, a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Shiny Jolly Azelf from Diamond would be hacked, right?

.com

Grumpy old man
It's funny how far you went just for a crappy Articuno :)

Regardless, how do you find those spreads? That'll be useful in the future for me to check stuff. Also, based on this, a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Shiny Jolly Azelf from Diamond would be hacked, right?
Well, yes... But that would have nothing to do with not finding it on that search given I searched a pretty narrow range of IVs.

The spreads are found in the same manner as if you were going to RNG them yourself; test if such a thing is possible with RNG Reporter/PPRNG/any other means. But this thread really isn't the place to discuss that side of things.

Quick question: Does the powersaves "quick hatch" code count as hacking? How does it work? Haven't used it before but I was curious (coz I have a bunch of eggs I need to hatch, lol).

Quick question: Does the powersaves "quick hatch" code count as hacking? How does it work? Haven't used it before but I was curious (coz I have a bunch of eggs I need to hatch, lol).
Yes, iirc it edits some of the pokemon's data to make it hatch quicker, but I have seen a couple of pokemon at Pokéguy 's thread from EV which notes that it was used.

afaik, it sets the remaining hatch cycle of the egg to 0, so it will hatch on the next step no matter what. (This is different from manually prewalking the egg, as you can't walk an egg to 0 hatch cycles: the lowest you can get it is 1. Even if you prewalked it so that on your game, it would only take one step to hatch, if you traded it or put it in the PC, the steps would reset to 1 hatch cycle.) It's editing your Pokemon and isn't allowed on r/SVExchange, and while I'm not 100% on this, I've heard it mentioned that it makes the egg 'legal but not legit', so it's not allowed here.

To be on the safe side, don't do it. It's not like hatching ever takes more than a few minutes.

Yes, iirc it edits some of the pokemon's data to make it hatch quicker, but I have seen a couple of pokemon at Pokéguy 's thread from EV which notes that it was used.
afaik, it sets the remaining hatch cycle of the egg to 0, so it will hatch on the next step no matter what. (This is different from manually prewalking the egg, as you can't walk an egg to 0 hatch cycles: the lowest you can get it is 1. Even if you prewalked it so that on your game, it would only take one step to hatch, if you traded it or put it in the PC, the steps would reset to 1 hatch cycle.) It's editing your Pokemon and isn't allowed on r/SVExchange, and while I'm not 100% on this, I've heard it mentioned that it makes the egg 'legal but not legit', so it's not allowed here.

To be on the safe side, don't do it. It's not like hatching ever takes more than a few minutes.
Thanks! I figured that was the case but I wanted to make sure anyway. :P

Language: american
Species: eevee
OT: yoshi
ID No.: 10546
Ability: adaptability
Pokemon's name: eevee
Level: 1
Pokeball: pokeball
Shiny?: yes
Pentagon?: yes
Moves: synchronise/wish/tackle/tail whip
Nature: bashful
Region of origin: day care helpers
Characteristic: takes plenty siestas
Ribbons: none
Bump new page

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)