[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

n.n rattata

Banned deucer.
I realized that my Dream Ball Tauros has the ID 00000. Could Pokemon with this ID cause trouble to your save file? (i.e possible corrupt)? Thanks!

A while ago I got a shiny flawless Jolly Carnivine. I was told it was hacked(on here, for clarity), but it was hatched from an egg, and the OT doesn't belong to a known hacker, which makes me think it's probably legit. Is it bad to keep hacked Pokemon in the box? Do they hurt your game in some way, so you should release them? Assuming the Carnivine is hacked, I still don't want to release it if there's no reason for the purpose of the Lotto ID.

A while ago I got a shiny flawless Jolly Carnivine. I was told it was hacked(on here, for clarity), but it was hatched from an egg, and the OT doesn't belong to a known hacker, which makes me think it's probably legit. Is it bad to keep hacked Pokemon in the box? Do they hurt your game in some way, so you should release them? Assuming the Carnivine is hacked, I still don't want to release it if there's no reason for the purpose of the Lotto ID.
They don't hurt your file in any way. So you can keep it if you wish. Although, i've read somewhere that if you use a hacked mon in battle over battle spot, your file may get restricted in battling over battle spot (not sure if this is true though)

Btw, it's hacked for 99,9999999...%. You got it over wondertrade if i remember correct. That + the shininess and the IVs and nature make it look like it's bred then edited to be shiny and all (and a mon can still be hacked even if the OT isn't a known hacker)

OK, it's just a Carnivine, so it's no big loss. Good I can just keep it for the OT and cause why not-not getting to use it in battle is not a problem. Thanks for your help!

Language: ENG
Species: Rayquaza
OT: Nintendo HK
ID No.: 09115
IVs: 31/31/31/27/28/31
Ability: Air Lock
Pokemon's name: Rayquaza
Level: 70
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Shiny?: Yes
Pentagon?: Yes
Moves: Thunder, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Extreme Speed
Nature: Hasty
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons: Event Ribbon
Date Obtained: 10/9/2015
Other comments (optional): On the event list it is stated that the event started from 11 September 2015. Can this Rayquaza be legit?

n.n rattata

Banned deucer.
Other comments (optional): On the event list it is stated that the event started from 11 September 2015. Can this Rayquaza be legit?
Again, I told you, I got the code from a friend, idk where he got the code from though, maybe from a pre-release somewhere in Japan? I was just given the code and starting SRing. I can trade your stuff back if you feel unsafe. He had a bunch of codes which he gave to the PS wifi room.

I don't see anything suspicious and if you know where you got it from, it's probably legit.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
My doubt was only about the date of the Event. Ok thanks :)
You can change the date on your 3DS at will..

That event was farmed to hell and back, the chances of it being illegal is extremely slim considering the IV's arent even perfect.

Again, I told you, I got the code from a friend, idk where he got the code from though, maybe from a pre-release somewhere in Japan? I was just given the code and starting SRing. I can trade your stuff back if you feel unsafe. He had a bunch of codes which he gave to the PS wifi room.
Clearly says "HK". HK stands for Hong Kong and is no where near Japan. There was no pre-release for this event at all.

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
"Hack" related PSA courtesy of Esmeya (re-posting so you don't have to follow a link / expand a quote box).

TL;DR version: Don't use Maxsoft Shiny Rayquaza (OT: SG Summer'15) in competition, it will [even if incorrectly] be flagged as hacked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was talking with some others and on the subject of VGC I'd like to address something here in wifi (because I noticed a slightly increased interest in VGC here for 2016) as well as on the proper forum and then it will be in the hack check thread's OP. This may not apply to any of the frequenters or a good majority of them, please do not reply to this post with questions if you have any PM me.

Maxsoft Shiny Rayquaza's (aka Singapore Summer 2015 Rayquaza) OT name is one character too long for any of the games to register correctly - OT: SG Summer'15 . It is flagged as a hack because of this reason, Maxsoft - the distributors and makers of this event coupled with Nintendo of SEA region have been contacted numerous times by many people to fix this. They deemed "nothing was wrong" with the event or that people were in the wrong for this to occur.

This one character too long issue has also happened with two Nintendo of Korea events, most notably Jirachi for their release of the Wishmaker movie (after almost a decade of NA, JPN and EU/PAL) receiving the event. The difference is NoK actually paid attention to the response of customers and fixed it within the week of its release, but they too kept sending messages back to complainers that there was nothing wrong with the event and that it was made untradeable on purpose. Maxsoft still doesn't care at all about the fallacy.

You cannot trade Maxsoft Rayquaza in any other way other than local trade - it's flagged as a hack at tournaments for this reason - the games programming registers it as an invalid combination because the number of characters is "impossible" through normal means. This is very much like having a Japanese OT/Nickname on an English language save, but less dubious. Don't use the event Rayquaza with the OT: SG Summer'15 if you do you risk being DQ'd. All other Gen 6 Rayquaza are valid, however until TPCi, Maxsoft or Nintendo "SEA" address the issue with their Rayquaza, which is looking like never, Maxsoft Rayquaza will always be ineligible. All of these Rayquaza are shiny.

Eligible:

Winter 2015 World Hobby Fair Japanese Rayquaza - OT: WHF15 ID: 01185

CoroCoro Rayquaza - OT: コロコロ ID: 03145
Pokémon Spring Carnival 2015 Korean Rayquaza - OT: 포켓몬타운15 ID: 05025 (also had character issue, but was fixed)
Galileo Rayquaza - OT: Galilée or Galileo ID: 08055
Nintendo Hong Kong Rayquaza - OT: Nintendo HK ID: 09115

Not eligible:

Maxsoft Rayquaza (Singapore Summer 2015 Rayquaza) - OT: SG Summer'15 ID: 03145

Last edited:
Species: Xerneas
OT: Monkey ♪
ID No.: 42919
IVs: 31/0/31/30/30/31
EVs (optional): None
Ability: Fairy Aura
Pokemon's name: Xerneas
Level: 100
Pokeball: Net Ball
Shiny?: No
Moves: Hidden Power, Geomancy, Dazzling Gleam, Protect
Nature: Modest
Region of origin: Kalos
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): This should be legit but it doesn't hurt to double check.

Species: Groudon
OT: Poké Dad
ID No: 18601
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
EVs (optional): None
Ability: Drought
Pokemon's Name: Groudon
Level: 50
Pokeball: Ultra Ball
Moves: Precipice Blades/Rock Slide/Overheat/Protect
Nature: Brave
Region of Origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Ribbons: Hoenn Champion Ribbon and Alert Ribbon
Other Comments (optional): I might be concerned since the IVs and Nature seem too perfect for a soft reset. I might be wrong though, but it doesn't hurt to check.

EDIT: mkay so after being an idiot it was brought to my attention that i should have filled this form thing out. thats my bad, i'm an idiot, so go ahead and take a few seconds to judge me. alright then, now that that's out of the way heres the info (note: there are 2 mon. im startig with this one because i already have all the info for him, the 2nd mon i havent gotten arround to IV calculating or anything like that)

Language:Eng
Species: Munchlax
OT: Omega Tiny
ID No.: 08579
IVs: 31/31/31/0/31/31
EVs (optional): none
Ability: thick fat
Pokemon's name: Gnocchi
Level: 1
Pokeball: Heavy ball
Shiny?: yes
Pentagon?: yes
Moves: Counter/Curse/Double-Edge/Zen Headbutt
Nature: adamant
Region of origin: (it says it hatched and gives a date, apparently received from the day care. idk if this is what you mean or not)
Characteristic: likes to thrash about
Ribbons: none
Other comments (optional): received through wonder trade. i'm just asking on the general premise of "you get a shiny through wonder trade/gts its a hack" but i've been wrong before and want to be 100% sure before i release or trade him away

Last edited:
so yeah, i tried reading the massive wall of text above and got lost so im just going to come out and ask this. i was looking to find out how i can tell if a mon i got (well two of them actually) during wonder trades were legitimate or not.. a lvl 1 shiny Munchlax in a heavy ball i believe 5 IV's w/ an adamant nature move set is as follows: counter, curse, double-edge, zen headbutt. it has the blue pentagon if that matters. The 2nd mon is a Lvl 100 shiny venasaur brave natured (i havent checked his EV's or IV's yet) with the following moves: petal dance, worry seed, synthesis, solar beam. this mon does NOT have the blue pentagon. again i'm not sure if that matters or not but figured id let you know anyways. if these mons are hacks i want to release them (i think i speak for the majority of players when i say hacks are just not right). i mean don't get me wrong, a shiny is badass, but if i get them i want them legitimately obtained. i'm fairly certain that they are hacked but id like a 2nd opinion before i go and wipe them off my game
There's a form to fill in.

EDIT: mkay so after being an idiot it was brought to my attention that i should have filled this form thing out. thats my bad, i'm an idiot, so go ahead and take a few seconds to judge me. alright then, now that that's out of the way heres the info (note: there are 2 mon. im startig with this one because i already have all the info for him, the 2nd mon i havent gotten arround to IV calculating or anything like that)

Language:Eng
Species: Munchlax
OT: Omega Tiny
ID No.: 08579
IVs: 31/31/31/0/31/31
EVs (optional): none
Ability: thick fat
Pokemon's name: Gnocchi
Level: 1
Pokeball: Heavy ball
Shiny?: yes
Pentagon?: yes
Moves: Counter/Curse/Double-Edge/Zen Headbutt
Nature: adamant
Region of origin: (it says it hatched and gives a date, apparently received from the day care. idk if this is what you mean or not)
Characteristic: likes to thrash about
Ribbons: none
Other comments (optional): received through wonder trade. i'm just asking on the general premise of "you get a shiny through wonder trade/gts its a hack" but i've been wrong before and want to be 100% sure before i release or trade him away
Go with your assumption. There's no way to tell if it's hacked or not (unless you find the same pokemon from a credible source, and even then it could still be a hack). Better safe than sorry.

Hello,

It is said in the 1st page that "Pikachu can have Endeavour via a Generation 6 event".

Pikachu can also have Endeavor as an evolved form of the GameStop/Spring 2010/Shokotan/Mikena Shiny Pichu event from Generation IV. It must be shiny and at least Level 31, if it is not pentagon. (The Pichu events were all Level 30)

I hope this is a good place to post this.

A legit pokemon caught in a hacked master ball is considered a hack or is it still a legit pokemon for battles?

Also, is there any trouble with a pokemon holding a hacked item like a scarf or a life orb?

Got this as an offer for my Gligar off the GTS and highly doubtful, could someone take a look?

Species: Dialga
OT: Noah
ID No.: 09031
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional): Unknown (It's been mainly EVed in SpAtk and HP it apperas)
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: Dialga
Level: 50 (with partial Exp - 4684 Exp to next level)
Pokeball: Timer Ball
Moves: Thunder/Fire Blast/Roar of Time/Flash Cannon
Nature: Modest
Region of origin: "Faraway Place" (received this in Y)
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): Has no memories from the girl at Anistar. She goes on to talk about receiving him via Link Trade.

Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)