1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Read This Before Posting a Thread

Discussion in 'BW UU Analyses' started by kokoloko, Oct 9, 2012.

1. kokoloko

kokoloko supersmooth
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

Hi, I've noticed a couple of problems lately which create inconveniences for the system, so I'd like to bring them to light in order to amend the situation.

1. People haven't been changing their thread's tag to (Copyediting) when it reaches QC 3/3. Maybe it's because people think they're only supposed to do so once they've written it, so I'm going to clarify this now: Change your tag to (Copyediting) once the skeleton reaches QC 3/3 and simply add a GP 0/2 to the title once you write the analysis out. You don't change the tag once you've written it.

2. Speaking of which, once your analysis has been written, you must post in the GP Team Queue to let them know it needs GP checks. This is something else people have been failing to do, and it really slows down upload time and makes my job harder because then I have to check what's there and what isn't.

3. This is a less common problem, because it only happens among those new to Contributions & Corrections, but it's still an inconvenience for the QC team, so I might as well mention it here. When you first start an analysis, you must do so in bullet point form, NOT in written form. This makes it easier for the QC team to skim through it and make any necessary changes.

If you're a regular to UU Contributions & Corrections and/or are working on a UU analysis at the moment, please post here letting me know you've read and understood this. Thank you for your attention and continued participation in UU C&C.

That is all.
  2. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

3. Mazz

Mazz UU's Workhorse
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

Je ne parles Anglais.
  4. CrobatFTW

CrobatFTW

I was working on Nidoqueen and the thread kind of got abandoned :s but I read this
  5. Ace Emerald

Ace Emerald Horsing around
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Visual Media Head

10-4. I've been PMing Jellicent to make sure the analyses make it to the queue, but I can post if needed.
  6. TrollFreak

TrollFreak (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
    is a Contributor Alumnus

If I have a Contributor badge, can I just ignore these?

Like for real, I earned this badge, I feel like these shouldn't apply to me

Also, why is UU the only one doing this, wtf Koko

Read them anyways, you're welcome
  7. Nas

Nas Thinking of a master plan...
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnus

tl;dr
  8. Zebraiken

Zebraiken
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    NU Co-Leader

this goes for every subforum and every metagame, not just UU. koko just felt that he needed to remind his writers of this.
  9. TrollFreak

TrollFreak (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I know Zeb, I just love screwing with people
  10. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

This should probably be updated for the QC 2/3, write, then QC 3/3, then GP process.
    Kingler12345 likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)