Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Zarel, Jul 7, 2012.
Lol, if they don't they should.
[Tuesday, Aug 14]
- The networking protocol format has been changed from JSON to a more-optimized text-based format. This can reduce bandwidth requirements by a ton.
[Thursday, Aug 23]
- Added a Backup/Restore feature to the teambuilder. You can now back up and restore all your teams at once, instead of doing them one at a time. Those of you with weird cookie settings are advised to use this method to backup your teams.
[Saturday, Sept 29]
- The ladder has been reset and the algorithms changed. Your rating will no longer ever decrease when you win. In addition, you should see no more references to bonus pool.
- Matchmaking has been enhanced: You should be battling mostly players with similar rating as you.
[Sunday, Sept 30]
- Implemented replays: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/
[Tuesday, Oct 2]
- It is now possible to choose the order of your entire team if you're using Zoroark.
[Wednesday, Oct 3]
- Hurricane, Whirlwind, and Earth Power receive animations.
[Wednesday, Oct 31]
- Servers can now have their own formats! The format list is no longer shared between servers. Instead, every server can have whatever formats and ladders they wish.
This is the best thing ever.
Does this mean ladders are now stored locally?
[Wednesday, Nov 7]
- The rejoin bug is finally fixed. You shouldn't have to do anything weird to be able to rejoin a battle you've disconnected from anymore.
[Tuesday, Dec 11]
- The replay database now has a search feature: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/search
[Wednesday, Dec 12]
- Doubles have now arrived at public testing. They can be played by challenging other users. Three formats are available: Doubles Random Battle, Doubles Custom Game, and Doubles VGC 2013
Despite the couple of bugs around, I'm really enjoying the new Doubles feature added to Showdown. Good stuff :D
[Thursday, Dec 13]
- VGC 2013 can now be laddered
[Thursday, Jan 10]
- We now have a new battle timer; it should make timerstalling much less effective
[Friday, Jan 18]
- New feature to block incoming challenges: /away to activate, /back to accept challenges again.
[Monday, Jan 21]
- You can now click on chat names to open their trainer window to challenge or PM.
- Challenge Cup 1vs1 available via challenge.
[Sunday, Jan 27]
- You can now tab-complete user names in the main chat, in battles, and in private messages. Details.
[Friday, Feb 01]
- New feature: You can now select highlighting words, see /help highlight for more information.
Well, there's been a couple of changes lately so I'll sum them up here:
[Sunday, Feb 09]
- You can now ladder the new seasonal, Valentine Venture.
- Chat history: You may now press up and down keys to navigate between your sent sentences in chat.
- Timestamps are now separated for Lobby and PMs, type /help timestamps for more info.
- /lobbychat on|off command to set the Lobby chat on or off for less lag.
[Sunday, Mar 10]
- You can now play Generation I with other users via challenge in Gen 1 Custom Game. Mechanics are enforced, but Clauses are not.
- /dex is now alias for /data and /smogdex is the new /dex. It has now support for items, moves, and abilities.
- New seasonal, Spring Forward, is been out for a while.
[Monday, Apr 22]
- Option to disable lobby chat
[Saturday, Apr 13]
- New options menu
- Option to disable animations
- Option to ignore spectators
[Friday, Apr 5]
- All registered servers (not just the main server) can now upload replays
- Replay uploading is a lot more reliable now (you'll never see another hash mismatch error)
[Wednesday, Apr 3]
- The format list has been rearranged into four main categories: Singles, Doubles, Other Metagames, and Past Gens. It should be easier to find the format you're looking for now.
Just saw the "options" bottom in the top, really good job with all this little implementations. The details is what made PS! great!
[Wednesday, Apr 24]
- We now have a beta Gen 4 OU ladder available.
hurray! I've seen some DPP games played already! Are other gens close to being ready for implementation?
EDIT: GOOD NEWS, JOIM!!!
Yes, Generation 1 is very close to be able to have its own ladder :)