1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Recently discovered BW 2 breeding mechanic changes

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Rayz0r, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rayz0r

Rayz0r

I'm still kind of new around here so again, I don't exactly know where to post this. However, I wanted to show people who don't already know about the recently discovered breeding mechanic changes to BW 2. I know that VCG players and people who play the metagame are all about breeding to get specific natures and abilities so I thought I'd link to Serebii (they get credit for the discovery) to detail the new changes. Sorry if, I'm late and this has already been announced on Smogon. http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/breed.shtml
  2. Stellar

Stellar dreams and adventure
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

It was actually Smogon's RNG research team that discovered it. Check out our Wifi forum for more details.
  3. Rayz0r

Rayz0r

Well now I feel like a loser. Sorry, Serebii's post gave me the impression that they discovered it through their own research. Thanks for telling me though. You know, I did think it was weird that you guys here at Smogon hadn't discovered it before Serebii.
  4. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

To be fair, Smogon's RNG research thread isn't exactly high-profile (mainly since it isn't stickied and doesn't see much activity besides researcher posts), and Serebii has a lot more in-game info.

Regardless, this isn't particularly important for VGC. While it will be good news for new players after BW2's international release who may lack a BW1 cart, it doesn't offer any new options outside of Little Cup, so any discussion about it is probably better suited for the Wi-Fi forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)