1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Recently discovered BW 2 breeding mechanic changes

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Rayz0r, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rayz0r

Rayz0r

I'm still kind of new around here so again, I don't exactly know where to post this. However, I wanted to show people who don't already know about the recently discovered breeding mechanic changes to BW 2. I know that VCG players and people who play the metagame are all about breeding to get specific natures and abilities so I thought I'd link to Serebii (they get credit for the discovery) to detail the new changes. Sorry if, I'm late and this has already been announced on Smogon. http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/breed.shtml
  2. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Jack of All Trades

It was actually Smogon's RNG research team that discovered it. Check out our Wifi forum for more details.
  3. Rayz0r

Rayz0r

Well now I feel like a loser. Sorry, Serebii's post gave me the impression that they discovered it through their own research. Thanks for telling me though. You know, I did think it was weird that you guys here at Smogon hadn't discovered it before Serebii.
  4. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

To be fair, Smogon's RNG research thread isn't exactly high-profile (mainly since it isn't stickied and doesn't see much activity besides researcher posts), and Serebii has a lot more in-game info.

Regardless, this isn't particularly important for VGC. While it will be good news for new players after BW2's international release who may lack a BW1 cart, it doesn't offer any new options outside of Little Cup, so any discussion about it is probably better suited for the Wi-Fi forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)