1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Recieve notifications from Social Groups

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Cherub Agent, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Cherub Agent

Cherub Agent Yeah, well. The Dude abides
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Obviously, this isn't the best option for everybody. There are people that are members of hundreds of groups. However, if we had the ability to toggle this on and off, I think it would be a great help to the people working on translating Smogon into different languages. Bloo requested us to make Social Groups for the translations projects, and you can totally miss an important post if it isn't notified. Kind of like how Facebook does it. The ideal solution would be if members had the option to recieve notifications from Social Groups of there choice, so that they could still be memebers of all their groups, but only recieve notifications from the groups of theie choice.

Sorry if I was too repetetive lol, that happens when I try to express myself clearly.
  2. Veedrock

Veedrock

I'm unsure if you know this but you can subscribe to social groups. Top right of the topic listings:

[​IMG]

It offers the same subscription options as the main forums and topics, daily or weekly notifications via email.

I don't know if private messages or other notifications are possible, but those aren't even options on the main forums right now.
  3. Cherub Agent

Cherub Agent Yeah, well. The Dude abides
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Oh god, sorry about that. Nope, didn't have a clue you could do that. Just lock this then

However, notifications that appear on Smogon, like PMs and VMs, are much more comfortable. If this isn't possible, no need

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)