1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 1 Red/Blue Stall

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by 133tSneasel, Jan 12, 2012.

1. 133tSneasel

133tSneasel

Exeggutor
    Stun Spore
    Leech Seed
    Psychic
    Rest

My starter, Paralysis and Seed. and then Psychic. I know Leech seed is not good in this gen, but it's really annoying.

Gyarados
    Blizzard
    Hydro Pump
    Reflect
    Rest

Since Gyarados's special isn't that great, I used Hydro Pump. Blizzard is just for grass and flying. with Reflect my defense is raised to take on Rhydon/Golem and Lax

Articuno
    Ice Beam
    Blizzard
    Reflect
    Rest

One Thunderbolt is gone from most pokemon, you can pretty much stall out with this thing like crazy

Chansey
    Thunder Wave
    Reflect
    Ice Beam
    Softboiled

Super annoying. with Reflect she's a giant wall, nothing stops her.

Muk
    Acid Armor
    Sludge
    Mega Drain
    Explosion

This is just fun pokemon, I guess AA is suppose to survive a Earthquake for Rhydon/Golem, and Mega Drain should do some damage, but he's just for exploding.

Slowbro
    Reflect
    Amnesia
    Rest
    Psychic

This is the standard Stallbro. I think some of them had Surf, or Ice Beam for freezing.

I guess I could drop Muk for Stallax, Amnesia, Reflect, Surf, Rest. or Body Slam, Reflect, Amnesia, Rest. Any ideas? comments, questions, post them below
  2. Longfellow

Longfellow

I don't know RBY much, but your team looks super Electric-weak with nothing against Zapdos and very little against Starmie, Lapras, or Gengar.
  3. Crystal_

Crystal_
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

This team is completely offenseless. No way to beat Chansey or Starmie.

Reflect doesn't work if you are hard walled by anything special based. Articuno and Gyarados are taking physical hits when they switch-in or while they are resting. You are going to use Reflect as your opponent goes to Chansey/Starmie/Lapras.

Muk is an inferior many things, this Gyarados set is a joke, and Reflect Slowbro should use Surf, and is generally backed up with something that can take out Starmie like Golem or Cloyster.

In short, you are hard walled, so any decent team will eventually wear you down. Resting will end up making you predictable, and Tauros and even Snorlax will end up raping you. Zapdos and Jolteon eat this team alive as well.

Stall teams don't exist in RBY, and if they do, they are just standard teams with a Cloyster to cover Snorlax (because Cloy's also good offensively with Clamp/explosion). RBY is one dimensional and trying to deviate from this "dimension" will always result on a failure.

Use Tauros.
  4. Borat

Borat

Clamp cloy over articuno.

Golem over Gyara.

tauros/snorlax over Muk.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)