Rediamond vs smashlloyd20 (3v3 singles) (Objection is ref)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, Challenging Smashlloy20!
3vs3 Singles,
3 Day DQ
2Recover, 5 Chill

Arena: Indigo Stadium: You know the place. I'm too lazy to clarify.
LETS GET IT ON

No items
All Abilities
Switch=Wimpy fight like a man
Welcome to the one millionth battle at Indigo Stadium. This time, our battlers are Rediamond and smashlloyd20. Neither one is a stranger to pokemon battles, so let's see what unfolds.

Rediamond will select his first pokemon.
smashlloyd20 will select his first pokemon and issue orders.
Rediamond will issue orders.
I'll update.
Rediamond will issue orders.
smashlloyd20 will issue orders.
I'll update.
smashlloyd20 will issue orders.
You get the idea.

Chuck Norris (Machamp), let's do it!

Start off with Foresight, then use Dynamicpunch followed by Focus Blast! If he uses Psychic when you use Focus Blast, use Revenge instead.

Foresight~Dynamicpunch~Focus Blast
IF PSYCHIC WHEN FOCUS BLAST
Foresight~Dynamicpunch~Revenge

And the Angels sang out
In a-

Hey wait a minute, who's side are you on?!

Sorry, Haunter's being traitorous today. There are several wonderful things about Machamps. Like how I almost burned one a moment ago before I remembered what a bad idea that was. Regardless, back on topic. This is going to hurt. A lot. However, two can play the Confusion game. Start off with a Confuse Ray to hopefully block foresight and/or Dyamic Punch. Just to hedge out bets, let's go for a 15 HP substitute after that, and then head into Psychic.

Confuse Ray~Substitute(15HP)~Psychic.

Sorry about the delay. Let's get this show on the road!

Haunter* [Cloak] (Male)
Nature: Naughty (+*Att, -*SpDef)

Type:
Ghost/Poison: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.),
Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
HP: 90
Att: ***(+)
Def: **
SpAtt: ****
SpDef: *(-)
Spe: 95
Energy: 100%

Abilities:
Levitate: This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:
Hypnosis*
Lick*
Spite*
Mean Look*
Curse*
Confuse Ray*
Night Shade*
Sucker Punch*
Destiny Bond

Fire Punch*
Ice Punch *
Will-o-Wisp*

Energy Ball*
Psychic*
Thunderbolt*
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Substitute

Machamp [Chuck Norris] (Male)
Nature: Quiet (+1 * Special Attack, -15% Speed and flat -5% accuracy)

Type: Fighting
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Cheer Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: *****
Def: ***
SpA: ****(+)
SpD: ***
Spe: 47 (-)

Abilities:
Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the base attack power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
No Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon has an immense confidence from perfecting each of its attacks, giving them all perfect accuracy. Resultingly it feels it can weather every strike, and will not dodge an attack even if ordered to. Only when a OHKO move is issued by the opponent does sense return, and the Pokemon acts normally.
Steadfast (DW): (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference.

Attacks:
Wide Guard
Low Kick (*)
Leer (*)
Focus Energy (*)
Karate Chop (*)
Ankle Sweep (*)
Foresight (*)
Low Sweep
Seismic Toss (*)
Revenge (*)
Vital Throw
Dynamicpunch
Focus Blast (*)
Fire Blast (*)
Earthquake (*)
Close Combat (*)
Ice Punch (*)
Thunderpunch (*)

A Machamp versus a Haunter, eh? This looks very one-sided from here, but maybe the underdog can pull something amazing off.

Cloak wastes no time in trying to protect himself from the Machamp's attacks. He fires a Confuse Ray at him, disorienting the Machamp. Unfortunately, you can't confuse Chuck Norris for long, and after a slight mishap when trying to identify the ghost that results in him tripping over and falling to the ground, he regains his senses and is ready for what's coming next.

Clearly this is still an even match so Cloak decides to give himself an extra layer of protection. He creates a duplicate of himself that doesn't appear to do anything, but he holds up this Substitute in front of him as though it were a shield. Chuck Norris tries to fight fire with fire and builds up a DynamicPunch to confuse Cloak, but since the ghost hasn't been rendered totally tangible yet, neither Cloak nor the Substitute are affected in any way.

The Haunter, now satisfied with his new defence, uses his ghostly powers like Psychic powers and throws Chuck Norris around the room a bit. Now furious, Chuck Norris unleashes blow after blow on the Substitute, trying to exact Revenge, but once again the intangibility of both Cloak and the Substitute render this futile. Is there anything the Machamp can do?

HP: 75
Energy: 76%
Other: Substitute at 15 HP

HP: 77
Energy: 84%

Rediamond, your turn.

Okay, seeing as how we're trying to kill Chuck Norris (lolwut) we've got to play things by breaking the rules of standard battling (or at least bending them). Our notorious curse has always been the debatable accuracy of Hypnomiss. I love No Guard.

Psychic~Hypnosis~Psychic

Time to go back to our original plan! First use Foresight. Then, if he can break ASB, so can we! Glare at his eyes with an intimidating Leer to break his concentration as he needs full concentration with his eyes with Hypnosis, then follow up with a Fire Blast.

Foresight~Leer~Fire Blast

Energy: 76%
Other: Substitute at 15 HP

HP: 77

Cloak begins the round by unleashing his faux Psychic powers once more, dealing heavy damage to Chuck Norris but the Machamp has other plans. He scans the area carefully and, with his powers of Foresight, he works out how best to hit Cloak ... or at least the Substitute that Cloak held up in front of him just before Chuck's eyes saw him. That was a close call and the Haunter doesn't want any more of those, so he waits until the Machamp stops trying to make him tangible and stares hypnotically at him. The Hypnosis is so powerful that it sends Chuck Norris into an intense sleep ... or it would if the Haunter could concentrate, but it's kinda hard with a Machamp Leering at you. Now that Chuck Norris is starting to look like a real threat, Cloak attacks in the same Psychic manner as before while the Machamp retaliates with a Fire Blast, burning the Substitute until it is nothing more than a pile of ashes. Cloak might still be intangible and immune to Chuck Norris' usual attacks, but he could still share his Substitute's fate.

Def: * (-1 due to Leer)
Energy: 52%

HP: 45
Energy: 66%

OK, re-reffing done. NOW it's smashlloyd's turn.

Ok, I had an entire speech here before...then Slowgon fucked up. tl;dr time!

Fire Blast~Foresight~Dynamicpunch
IF SUBSTITUTE WHEN FORESIGHT
Fire Blast~Fire Blast~Foresight

Def: * (-1 due to Leer)
Energy: 52%
Other: Foresight

HP: 45
Energy: 66%

Well it looks like Cloak's only intention this round is to use Psychic powers to bring Chuck Norris to his knees. At one point he even lands a critical hit! He must have tapped into a very weak part of the Machamp's brain. Chuck Norris soldiers on, breathing fire straight into Cloak's mouth with another Fire Blast. Looks like the Haunter might have heartburn ... assuming it has a heart. Still, that looked like a critical hit to me. Even after a second assault, Chuck Norris is still able to scan the area like before, but this time Cloak has no Substitute to protect him from the Foresight. In the end however, the third blow from Cloak was just too much and the Machamp goes down after a doubtlessly tough fight. But maybe Chuck Norris did enough, because now Cloak looks extremely tired.

HP: 55
Energy: 19%

HP: -7

smashlloyd20 must now send out another pokemon.

Well... this is where things could get rough. Once again, Smash, you're forgetting about dual typing.
Sludge Bomb, Chill, Sludge Bomb again.

Okay Grass Skirt, you can do this! Take the first Sludge Bomb and use Sunny Day. Then use Fire Blast as he chills. Then dodge the last Sludge Bomb with an evasive Flame Wheel, you should be able to pull it off thanks to Chlorophyll.

Sunny Day~Fire Blast~Evasive Flame Wheeel

Argh, I seem to have deleted smashlloyd20's team from my inbox. However, he claims to have sent out a Pyroak, but Grass Skirt evolved into Pyroak after this battle started, which means that Grass Skirt would not have been a Pyroak in the team that smash sent me. I need to work out what to do.

EDIT: OK I think I've sorted it now. Update ahoy.

HP: 55

Flarelm [Grass Skirt] (Male)
Nature: Modest (+1 * Special Attack, -1 * Attack)
Type: Fire/Grass
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: * (-)
SpA: **** (+)
Spe: 55

Abilities:
Rock Head: (Innate) This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.
Battle Armor: (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick armor prevents it from taking critical hits.
Chlorophyll (DW): (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Attacks:
Pound (*)
Sweet Scent (*)
Growth (*)
Ember (*)
Leech Seed (*)
Bullet Seed (*)
Flame Wheel (*)
Fire Spin (*)
Giga Drain (*)
Dragonbreath (*)
Earth Power (*)
Sand Tomb (*)
Fire Blast (*)
Will-O-Wisp (*)
Flash Cannon (*)
Sunny Day

smashlloyd20 throws his pokeball and sends out a Pyroak ... er, well, something that will evolve into Pyroak. It's called Grass Skirt? OK then, Grass Skirt the Flarelm has to finish off Cloak the Haunter. It doesn't help that the Haunter is faster and is able to throw a Sludge Bomb before the Flarelm even moves a muscle! But it looks like Grass Skirt wasn't planning on moving a muscle at all and is instead singing some kind of chant. Suddenly the stadium feels a lot warmer and looks a lot brighter. This must be because it's a very Sunny Day. Cloak is liking this - in fact, it looks like he's chilling out and trying to get a tan. I don't see why a dark purple pokemon needs to get a tan but whatever. It looks like Grass Skirt wants to help, but breathing fire all over Cloak in the form of a Fire Blast might be a little too much. Indeed, now the Haunter looks more like it got charred than tanned, and in anger it's firing another Sludge Bomb. Grass Skirt tries to dodge it with a Flame Wheel but unfortunately its special ability that helps it move faster in the sun isn't active and he gets hit in the face by a nasty ball of sludge. Some of it went into his mouth and poisoned him. Will Cloak single-handedly take out both of smashlloyd20's pokemon?

HP: 29

HP: 60
Energy: 80%
Other: Poisoned

The sun will continue to shine for another 4 rounds.

smashlloyd20, your orders please.

Ummm....

Fire Blast until you KO. If he uses Disable on the first Fire Blast, use Flash Cannon then Dragonbreath after the Fire Blast.

Fire Blast~Fire Blast~Fire Blast
IF DISABLE ON FIRST FIRE BLAST
Fire Blast~Flash Cannon~Dragonbreath

HP: 29

HP: 60
Energy: 80%

This round, it looks like Cloak has resigned himself to defeat after the last Fire Blast, but it looks like he's determined to take Grass Skirt down with him. He spends his time forging a Destiny Bond while the Flarelm tries to incinerate him with another Fire Blast. The flames very nearly made Cloak drop to the floor, but the Haunter hasn't gone down yet so the link he made earlier hasn't worked. Annoyed, Cloak tries the Destiny Bond again, only this time making it much stronger. But what's this? He hasn't even gotten halfway through the process yet, but he has run out of steam! The connection between Grass Skirt and Cloak has broken, meaning that the Haunter's efforts this round have been all for nought. The only thing that the Flarelm suffered from this round was poison.

HP: 3
Energy: -15%

HP: 58
Energy: 73%

Destiny Bond's move description says that it takes effect if the foe knocks out the pokemon. Since it was going past zero energy that knocked out Cloak and not Grass Skirt's Fire Blast, I have ruled that Destiny Bond does not take effect. Had Rediamond's orders been Destiny Bond - Chill - Chill, then the second Fire Blast would have knocked Cloak out and Destiny Bond would have taken effect. Also, if the first Fire Blast had critted, it would have KO'd Cloak and Destiny Bond would have taken effect.

Rediamond, pick your next pokemon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, sun continues to shine for 3 more rounds.

What the-
12 BP STAB move in the sun doesn't... whatever. It doesn't matter to me that much.

Kirlia. Do this. Start off with Hidden Power, which hits for SE due to sunlight. Then, go for Psychic, followed by another HP Fire.

EDIT: Wait: 12 Damage+3STAB+4.5 due to stats*1.5 to sun doesn't score 29? It should barely kill if I'm doing math right...

EDIT2: nvm, saw my mistake.

Doesn't hit for SE due to sunlight...just an additional 1.5x.

Don't worry Grass Skirt, we can still do this! Use Leech Seed to start getting your health back, then Fire Blast, then Giga Drain!

Leech Seed~Fire Blast~Giga Drain

Kirlia* [Dreamer] (Female)
Nature: Modest (+* Special Attack, -*Attack)

Type: Psychic
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:
Hp: 90
Atk: *(-)
SpAtk: ****(+)
SpDef: **
Spe: 50

Abilities:
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Trace: (Can be activtated) This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace Trace for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Telepathy: (Innate) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple allies, allowing it to avoid taking damage from attacks that affect the whole field like Earthquake and Surf. (Dream Locked)

Attacks:
Growl*
Confusion*
Double Team*
Teleport*
Lucky Chant*
Magical Leaf*
Healing Wave*
Calm Mind*
Hypnosis

Will-o-wisp*
Shadow Sneak*
Destiny Bond*

Psycho Shock*
Psychic*
Thunderbolt*
Hidden Power Fire (7)
Substitute

HP: 58
Energy: 73%

And so Rediamond sends out a Kirlia called Dreamer. I've seen this pokemon before, haven't I. Let's see if she's as good as I remember. Wait, no, I don't mean like that!

Well unlike Cloak, Dreamer is a bit slower than Grass Skirt and, before she can begin her attack, she is covered in several Leech Seeds. However, she doesn't care too much about it when she's unleashing her Hidden Power. This looks like a fiery hidden power that's been made even stronger by the sunlight, but it doesn't do as much damage as expected and it looks like the Flarelm is almost mocking the Kirlia's fire. He retaliates by showing her what a real fire attack is like and spews fire from his mouth, making a Fire Blast that scorches Dreamer, but doesn't quite burn her completely. Now Dreamer's mad. So mad, in fact, that she's bombarding Grass Skirt's mind with her Psychic powers. He's not gonna like that. In fact, the Kirlia isn't even slowing down after that attack and is unleashing her Hidden Power once more, but it looks like Grass Skirt has another trick up his sleeve. He's trapped Dreamer in some kind of forcefield, which is sapping her energy. The energy looks like it's travelling towards the Flarelm, and it's a lot of energy. This is no ordinary drain, this is a Giga Drain. All of a sudden, it looks like smashlloyd20 might be able to win this despite early trouble!

Hp: 43
Other: Leech Seed (3 more actions)

HP: 30
Energy: 49%

And it's smashlloyd20's turn.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, sun is still shining for 2 more rounds.

Grass Skirt, time to finish this!

Use Giga Drain, Fire Blast and another Fire Blast!
If he uses Disable on the first Fire Blast, exchange the second Fire Blast for another Giga Drain.

Giga Drain~Fire Blast~Fire Blast
IF DISABLE ON FIRST FIRE BLAST
Giga Drain~Fire Blast~Giga Drain

Pft, and the ref thinks I don't have this in the bag.

Kirlia, Use a substitute with the lowest legal HP. This will block the full force of Fire Blast. After that, go for two Psychic attacks in quick succession. Between the unreliability of Fire Blast and the sub, we can't lose this round.

Hp: 43
Other: Leech Seed (3 more actions)

HP: 30
Energy: 49%

Rediamond is pretty confident that his Kirlia can pull through, but after another one of those Giga Drains hits it, I'm not so sure. Regardless, Rediamond orders Dreamer to make a Substitute just like the one his Haunter had made earlier, only with slightly less staying power. Now both pokemon are simply unleashing the full force of their strongest moves: Psychic and Fire Blast. Grass Skirt and Dreamer give it their all, but it is ultimately Grass Skirt who prevails. His first attack incinerates Dreamer's makeshift defence and her psychic powers were strong but not strong enough to take down such a resilient Flarelm. Before Dreamer can use her attack a second time, she is scorched by the second Fire Blast and falls to the ground completely exhausted. smashlloyd20 will no doubt be proud of his Flarelm for taking out two pokemon in one match.

Hp: -15

HP: 25
Energy: 24%

The sun shines for one more round. Rediamond must now send out his third and final pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)