Data Referee Training Grounds (READ: New Guidelines 10/28/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I guess I'll tentatively sign up as an apprentice.

Timezone: EST, (GMT -5)
General Availability:
Even numbered days: 2:00 PM-6PM
Odd numbered days: 10:10-11:25 AM, 4:30 PM-6:00 PM

I'm reasonably active when I can be, but can also be sporadic. I also have work a couple days a week.

Reffings (tutored by: irc)
(subreffed) http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3458997
(subreffed) http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3458545
(Full ref) http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3460052

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bumping to say that there are some new guidelines (and one suggestion) for reffing. Read new guidelines #3, #4, and #5 (especially #3 and #4, which are extremely important).

Signing up as well.

Availability: +2 GMT
Weekdays - 4.00-11.00 PM
Weekends - 9.00-23.00 PM

The times listed are general and guidelines. They are not definitive. They are also subject to change.

Reffed Battles: None at the moment. I am, however, very experienced referee coming from other ASB leagues (TPMASB, PFUASB, ASBN) which incorporated a more descriptive styles.

Tutor Referee: Dogfish44

Candy Panda, I'm pretty sure your team isn't even approved in the Registrarion tower and you have to wait for your team to be approved.

Candy Panda, I'm pretty sure your team isn't even approved in the Registrarion tower and you have to wait for your team to be approved.
Sorry, I couldn't find it mentioned in either the Registration Tower or the Referee Training Grounds that you must have an approved team to apply/start reffing. Bad eyes, I guess.

EDIT: In fact, I still can't find this rule mentioned anywhere. I might be just oblivious to it but could you point me to the right direction?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry, I couldn't find it mentioned in either the Registration Tower or the Referee Training Grounds that you must have an approved team to apply/start reffing. Bad eyes, I guess.

EDIT: In fact, I still can't find this rule mentioned anywhere. I might be just oblivious to it but could you point me to the right direction?
Don't worry about this too much. You do need to have a registered team to Ref effectively (since its a fairly complex system and the best way to learn is by doing), but so long as you've got a registration post up it should be fine. Just be a little patient before taking on a reffing assignment. Look at a few battles, read the OPs of the Data threads, and it'll come quickly enough.

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHhhh... what where you saying?

TheMogRunner (or TMR or Mog)

Time Zone: North American Eastern Time Zone
Availability: 8am-8pm might take me awhile to post, be patient. Tuesday is my best day to do flash match, and Friday sucks for me.
Mood: what have I done...
Prefers Singles
Matches:
Ongoing
Yarnus of Bethany vs The Wanderer
Sub reffing, SoS vs Temperantia
Finished:
Ice-eyes vs The Wanderer
waterwarrior and King Serperior vs. Axmaster and Maxim
lucarioisawesome vs Maxim
the dead mans oddysey vs. Ice-eyes
The Wanderer vs. Gerald
dragonboy52 vs. Darkaxis
The Wanderer vs. lucarioisawesome
Galladiator vs. Spenstar
pimpgangster vs. Spenstar

Ref Tokens: 5

I have a battle with items, to be specific a amulet coin and a lucky egg... what do I do with these? How do they apply? (The battle is here)AND a pokemon evolved, doesn't that cost energy or something? Thanks in advance.

3 points.

1. You should've asked this in the SQSA thread instead of here.
2. Most of your question (If not all) can be answered by looking into the data audit thread.
3. Amulet Coin gives the trainer who used it 1 more TC at the end of the battle, Lucky egg gives it's holder one more EC/DC at the end of the battle (Up to the trainer who has the mon holding Lucky Egg), and it costs 20 energy in order to evolve. That should be factored in at the start of the round.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Well, for one Galladiator needs to post his evolution's complete profile. For two, Items can be found in the data audit.

Welcome to my reffing page, where you can see... my reffing... on a page... 2.0.

Time zone: EST
Availability: varies, but is usually 4-10 weekdays, almost all day weekends

Matches:
Ongoing-

Completed-
C$FP vs Dummy007 First match reffed! (A winner is C$FP!)
TheMogRunner vs Blazikenmaster-Zeo First sub-ref! (TheMogRunner brings home the gold medal)
IAR vs Dummy (I think my reffing has cursed Dummy...)
Dogfish44 vs UllarWarlord (DF roasted a duck)
Typon vs Ragnarolakex (Typon wins the longest flashmatch ever)
Dummy vs yarnus (I'm never reffing a brawl again... oh yea, yarnus won)
Professor Science vs typon (typon won with a shitload of chills)
Ax's debut vs Doorknob (yay for Ax!)
The Wanderer vs Yarnus (I/The Wanderer wins!)
Rickheg vs TheMogRunner (Rickheg wins!)

Time Zone: EST (-5)

Availability:
Weekdays: Between 2 PM and 10 PM for a few hours
Saturday: 9 AM to Noon, 5 PM to Midnight usually
Sunday: Varies greatly.

None right now

EDIT: No longer keeping track of UC here.

Time Zone: Pacific
Availability: varies
Ref Counters: 0
Ongoing: None
Completed: None yet

I don't really want to ref, but it's the only way to get enough counters.

I've decidied! I want to become a ref! I just read through all the first post and i trully feel like i will be a good ref :)

Time zone: -5
Availability: Most all the time, with a few exceptions for concerts and school.

Matches:
Ongoing: None
Completed: None

Now, im curious, do i just kinda...jump into it or do I get instructed by another more experienced Ref?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)