Data Referee Tutoring Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIMEZONE: Mountain Time (US)...usually on from 7:00 AM-7:00 PM with breaks in between

Why I want to be tutored: I have reffed a few battles, but I failed pretty miserably one of them and thought my preformance was rather sub-par. I'd like to be a productive and useful referee and part of the CAP ASB community.

Any extra comments: I really have a lot of fun with flavor, and like to get creative.

Assigned to Darkamber8828

Timezone: +10 GMT (+11 in Daylight Savings)
Why I want do do it: I want to do it because I hate having to wait for a ref and I assume so do many other people so me being a ref helps the ASB community. Also I don't quite understand where you pull the numbers from.
Extra: Fairly descriptive write and on a lot of the time, especially because exams are almost over for the term! :)

Assigned to danmantincan

Timezone: EST.

Why do you want to be tutored: I have reffed one battle (which i believe was, ahem, terrible,) and would like to improve upon my skills.

Any extra comments about yourself: I am online for a somewhat large portion of the day. On a random side note, near the end of this month, i will be away for a couple of days, so please keep that in mind when deciding my tutor.

Assigned to Objection

(and as a side comment, you two can start now)

Timezone: US east (GMT -6)
Why do you want to be tutored: Because a good ref is required for a good game, and I wouldnt wish a bad ref upon anyone. The Ref Counters arent bad either.
Any extra comments about yourself: Available mostly during the week, weekends often but its easier on weekday's as im in school and with an ipod and free wifi. Also I love to see innovation and learn from the best, usually friendly and just enjoy this whole CAPASB thing. Its pretty boss. Have written plenty of stuff, and love to write.

Assigned to DarkSlay

shadowbone66

Banned deucer.
Timezone: Eastern US (GMT -6)

Why I want to be tutored: I am slightly overwhelmed by all the calcs of reffing, yet it looks fun and rewarding. Plus, I would like to add my own flavor to a battle.

Extra comments: I am strange. Very strange. Tutors should be prepared for that. Also, I won't be able to ref immediately. Just give me a day or two at most.

Medical Note: Infected with a severe case of derpies. Might be contagious.

Assigned to Engineer Pikachu

i would like to be tutored please!

Timezone: US East (GMT -6)
Why do you want to be tutored: i feel like if a had a more experienced person help me out i could become a good ref. i think i can become a reliable and good ref, but i have no confidence in myself if i try to do this alone.
Extra Comments: i'm on CAP ASB nowadays all the time, since i'm done with most stuff (though this week not as much cause i have some exams i'm not exempt from), so from 7am to 10pm i'm all yours (whoever gets me haha). i try to be modest, but i'm a nice guy who will do whatever it takes to do get what needs to be done. i might not get it the first time (or the next), but i will not quit until i get it right and i will never complain (but i do ask a lot of questions) :)

Assigned to Fire Blast

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Timezone: GMT -3. I don't think we have a fancy name for that one.
Why do you want to be tutored: I always liked RPing and the CAP ASB project really picked my interest. I feel that we have many people joining and having more and more battles, and I am not sure if the number of refs will keep up with that without losing on speed, so I want to lend some help becoming a ref. And for that, I'd much rather participate on a tutoring program, as I am very unsure of my abilities to flavor things up (mostly due to the language barrier - I am brazilian).
Any extra comments about yourself: I check my battles constantly every day and I hardly ever spend more than 12 hours or so to reply. Since most of the stuff I do involves a computer, I can find some time to check CAP ASB and keep it going at a nice pace.

Assigned to Rediamond

Time Zone: GMT-4
Why do I want to be tutored: To become a better ref and be a registered ref.
Additional Comments: I generally try to ref once a day. Not much else to be said. PM me when I get a tutor.

Assigned to HD

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@Alch, ref a bit more. :) About 4-6 is fine.

I did the same for TravelLog so don't feel you're being pressured against or something. Take your time dedicating yourself to those 2-3 more and have fun with it!

Would like to become a Registered Ref.
I've done some refering jobs and i think they have been pretty good, clean and easy to read
G

I would like to become someone's apperentice so that I may begin reffing battles
Timezone:GMT -4
Why do you want to be tutored: Because I did horrible with my reffing jobs and if I get tutored I'll feel like I can do a whole lot better and make up for my fails.
Any extra comments about yourself:
I like a lot of things and I'm easy to get along with.

Assigned to TravelLog

I just came back from being busy, I want a tutor ref, once possible!
Time Zone: US Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)
Why I want to be tutored: I am so bad at flavor text, it is usually so simple!
Extra Comments: I also make a lot of miscalculations (Mistakes). If you can also notify me of the mistakes, that would also be great.
EDIT: I wonder where you find this "apprenticeship program"? I am about to ref a match (Metal Bagon VS Tea Demon), Teams are already sent, and I don't have creative flavor text up my mind!

Assigned to elDino

Timezone: GMT -5 yah Michigan to know exactly.
Why you want to be tutored: Well, I am currently playing a battle and loving every minute! I want to get more involved, I think it would be cool to ref cause I can see the battle actually happening! I want to do this for the fun of it.
Any extra comments about yourself:Ummm... I like strategy and hate luck, and I am considered rather wise but innocent.

Assigned to rewindman Has Finished being Tutored

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Timezone: EST (-5)
Why do you want to be tutored: I find ASB incredibly fun, and refs make up most of it.
Any extra comments about yourself: None.

Assigned to dogfish44

Timezone: CDT -5
Why do you want to be tutored: I want to learn how to ref because we need more refs around here and I would like to help alleviate this. I also have alot of experience DMing for a D&D group and this seams like a really interesting twist on it and I'd like to give it a try.

Any extra comments about yourself: I'm into lots of Roleplaying games, both electronic and paper & pencil. Hoping to add all aspects of this one to my repertoire. I even take it far as to practice different forms of martial arts with different weapon styles, as well as LARPing.

Assigned to Flora

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks DarkSlay for helping me out with iss. I'll get to you, Ragnarok, soon.

edit: Actually, I'll help you myself hopefully somehow. I think GoldenKnight is done with his exams, but I kinda need to tutor ref myself...

Timezone: PST (-8)
Why do you want to be tutored: It seems hard for people to get a ref these days and I want to help lighten the load.
Any extra comments about yourself: Creative, great with math, and online a lot.

Assigned to GoldenKnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)