Data Referee Tutoring Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Awesome job people! Solstice can be a Registered Ref now.

There's some people that should probably be bumped up to Tutor Ref, but there's like no one signing up to be an apprentice. :(

- deadfox081
- Tortferngatr
- Lord Jesseus
- TEA DEMON

Yeah, maybe later.

I'd really like to sign up to become a ref to help contribute to ASB, so maybe I can find a great Tutor-Ref! :)

Timezone: GMT -7 (Pacific Coast)
Why do you want to be tutored: I really want to contribute to ASB, and try to help ease the load of the other refs. I've been in CAP ASB for a while, and I've seen that ALOT more refs are lacking decent flavor and enthusiasm about the battle. I wanna' be different, and make every battle exciting.
Any extra comments about yourself: I have quite a vivid imagination, so my flavor (both in battles and hopefully-in-the-future reffing) is strong and adds some spice to the battle. Since I'm on Summer Vacation, I'm online alot and have plenty of time to ref but I'd only be able to ref from Friday-Sunday on Weekends from September to June because of school, however. As a heads up, I've got the Damage Calc, I just need a few tips on how it works. :) I still know very VERY little about reffing, but hey, that's why the tutors are here.

Assigned to Korski

Awesome job people! Solstice can be a Registered Ref now.

There's some people that should probably be bumped up to Tutor Ref, but there's like no one signing up to be an apprentice. :(

- deadfox081
- Tortferngatr
- Lord Jesseus

Yeah, maybe later.
Wow...thanks!

This might be interesting...I'd be willing to accept, actually.

I'm from Cincinnati, but I'm typically available from noon to midnight EST.

Just tallied them all up and it looks like I've earned 102 Ref Tokens in 23 completed battles so far. I'll follow that up with saying that I'd like to become a Registered Ref and a Ref Tutor (I made 100 RT the benchmark for myself before applying). I didn't go through the apprentice program, so here's hoping I don't have to as some kind of formality or something :/ In terms of style, I like to keep things clean and neat. I like to let players decide the level of "creativity" and RP-likeness of any given battles; if they give Actions like it's a numbers game on PO, I will ref it like that and touch it up with flavor as best I can. If they want to go nuts and interact with the game a little more creatively, I accomodate that with enthusiasm while staying as realistic (lol) as possible. As ref, I am simply a vessel for the two or more battlers to enjoy the ASB format, which imo is a good mindset for refs to have and is one I would try to instill in the minds of my tutees.

Here's a link to my reffing profile in the RTG Thread for more information.
I have a pretty similar deal here. I saw this and thought, "I could be a Tutor ref. I guess I will just wait until I have 100 RC." Right now I have amassed a total of 99 RC (forget #100), after reffing 26 matches. I realize there aren't too many newcomers right now, and if I become a tutor, I probably won't get someone for a while. Whatever, it would just be nice to help if we get a big wave of new people.

EDIT: Alchemator's post reminded me that I should say that I live on the eastern coast of U.S.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi. I'd just like to clarify that I'm neither Australian nor on vacation. I'm British.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the clarification, Alch and C$FP! Fixing.

Also, I'm bumping Spenstar down. IDK where he went.

Timezone: GMT +2 (Denmark)

Why do you want to be tutored: Mostly to help Reffing some matches, but also to fully understand the calcs that are made in a battle.

Any extra comments about yourself: I'm decently good at Math, so the calcs "Could" be easy enough to figure out. I will be very active the next 10 days; From the 10th of August, I will start school again, and I don't know how active I will be from there, since it's a new School level (I don't know how to explain it. I finished 9th grade before summer, so it would be 10th grade = Gymnasium. Or something like that). I would have to see how much Homework I will be getting and such school stuff.

Assigned to Objection

Only just noticed you post there Flora.

More than happy to act as a tutor, the only reason I didn't already put myself in for it was because of the lack of demand for tutors that you already mentioned.

If it helps then I am Australian (GMT +10) which fits into a pretty small niche as far as tutor availability times goes.

EDIT: You guys count the RC you've earned? I would have no idea how many I've gotten.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Timezone: GMT+1

Why do you want to be tutored: After Flora's recent post in the Battle Tower, about the game's possible end due to the need of refs, I have decided to start reffing too, but I don't think I can just jump into it like that, so I want to be tutored first.

Any extra comments about yourself: My grammar is terribad, since English is not even my second language. I do enjoy calculating and promise to actually write things down and not just headcalc.

Assigned to Alchemator

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi, confirming that Maxim has pretty much done with his tutoring. He's reffed two battles in its entirety & sub-reffed for two matches. I feel he has done enough to deserve a graduation.

/bump

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Timezone: EST
Why do you want to be tutored: I tried reffing twice, and failed horribly. I want to try again.
Any extra comments about yourself: I'm starting school tomorrow.

Assigned to TravelLog

hi LS ^_^

Timezone: Central (I have school, which is mentioned in my referee profile.)
Why do you want to be tutored: I want to get involved in the ASB league. there are quite a few matches that need refs right now and do not have them.
Any extra comments about yourself: I have already taken on a match to ref, however one of the trainers would prefer that I have a tutor helping for it. I am a quick study, and will try my best to make the tutoring process as easy on you as possible, while still making sure I get the most out of it.

Assigned to Rediamond

I'd love to try my hand at reffing.
Timezone: Eastern.
Why do you want to be tutored: I've seen the backlog of matches in the Battle Tower, and figure that every little bit helps. Although I haven't been here long, I'll do my best to ref quickly, fairly, and accurately.
Any extra comments about yourself: I can be on most weekdays, 5-ish to 10-ish, depending on my schedule. Weekends should be a bit more open.

Thanks!

Assigned to Tortferngatr

I wanna be a ref!

Timezone: Central (GMT -6)
Why do you want to be tutored: I want to help out with the ASB Program. That, and I know the desire for tokens, and the rather sluggish desire for people to ref battles. That, and i want to get ref tokens to help me be a better battler here.
Any extra comments about yourself: Other than when at school and hammered down with homework, i can generally be quick with Reffing.

Assigned to Blazikenmaster-Zeo

I would actually like to request to become a Tutor ref, and am willing to take Mr.L sure, our timezones are different, but we're on at roughly the same times.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
After looking at your created threads, lol, wow, nice job B-zeo! Sure, you can take Mr.L.

This is a bit awkward. GoldenKnight never approved me as a registered ref, but he's left ASB. As you may have noticed, he told me I could take other matches without his guidance, which I've done plenty of. He told me he still wanted me to send him PMs before I ref the other match I originally took, which I've been doing. Since he's no longer involved in ASB, what happens to me now? Should I be given to someone else, or am I good to finish reffing the match on my own? (I'm referring to Temperantia Vs. Maxim, btw)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Looking at your made threads, whoa! You've certainly done enough to be moved up for soloing! You don't need another tutor.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I thought I already posted here, but SimonSays has completed enough competent reffings to be acknowledged as a registered ref, so well done Simon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)