Reflektors

Hey, this is my first 6th gen RMT and I think this is probably the best team I made in a long time because 5th Gen kinda sucked when it came to anything other than hyper offense and the team diversity was little to none. The team is based on that awesome new album from Arcade Fire, go listen to that shit. Anyway here's the team.

Laika (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit

I needed a dedicated stealth rocker because previously I had both rocks and Rapid Spin on Excadrill but they put too much pressure on him and he’d normally get KO’d before his job was done. Tyranitar is a lot more efficient however. I originally had him as an Assault Vest variant but trading a little bit of special bulk for the attack increase and more freedom with moves is completely worth it in my eyes. Tyranitar misses the recovery from lefties but the insane bulk lets him switch in on pretty much any unboosted special attack, even certain Focus Blasts. Pursuit in a lot more useful now because pretty much nothing but fighting types resist fighting types, fairies and other dark types. The only dark type even remotely seen in OU is T-Tar anyway and I wouldn’t keep T-Tar in on any fairies or fighting types because they could potentially get the KO. Another great thing about T-Tar now is it's the only really seen Ghost resist in OU now, so that's always great.

Tyranitar matches up well against many of the more common leads in the Pokebank OU metagame, because a lot of leads tend to be on that suicide lead thing from what I’ve seen. Sand Stream breaks sashes to prevent those leads from succeeding as usual and Excadrill can spin away whatever they set up.

Sprawl (Excadrill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Excadrill is pretty much the only spinner that gives Starmie competition, and in my humble opinion, Excadrill is not only more useful but a lot easier to fit on teams. Excadrill is the main insurance for Talonflame because it’s 4x weak to Iron Head makes it my answer to most of the fairy types out there, other than Azumarill of course. Shadow Claw lets me get the jump on ghost types that would attempt to block my spinning. Because of it running a lot of bulk and lefties, it’s my main answer to Volt-Turn teams that don’t utilize Landorus (I REALLY HATE VOLT TURN). The EVs allow me to speed creep 220 neutral natured Rotom-A.

Flashbulb (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP / 56 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump

Rotom-Wash is pretty much the Swiss army knife of pokemon now. It checks many of the common threats in the metagame with its STABs, Volt Switch and Will-O-Wisp. Pain Split is pretty much the best thing Pokebank has to offer him since it lets me afford to not run Chesto Rest because that’s such a dated strategy. The EVs let me outspeed Mamoswine and burn it before it can do too much damage. I have enough bulk to live through taking a Garchomp’s Banded Outrage too, so that’s pretty impressive. I’m considering running Toxic over Will-O-Wisp because often times the pokemon I want to Will-O-Wisp usually are better handled by Gourgeist but I suppose there’s always something that I could Will-O-Wisp with Rotom that I’m not thinking of.

Joan (Gourgeist-Super) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Seed Bomb
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Gourgeist is another really handy pokemon, and it’s much better than its tree counterpart. It’s an amazing scout with Frisk since it can switch in to many physical attackers due to its high bulk and great resists and determine its set. After that occurs, it Will-O-Wisp’s the switch in or even the attacker depending on what the opponent’s move is. Shadow Sneak is a useful priority move now since Ghost is pretty much like Dragon moves from Gen II through V.

Gourgeist also happens to be an amazing spin blocker since it checks all of the premier spinners in the current metagame, even Starmie and Excadrill.

Eurydice (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

This guy is the newest addition to the team. I’ve went through periods of Deoxys-S, Jirachi, Heatran, Azumarill and Mega Mawile before finally settling on Genesect. I needed something to check dragon’s and keep Mega Lucario from tearing my team apart so I settled on Genesect, at least for now. Genesect helps me form a Volt-Turn core with Rotom so that’s always nice, and the coverage I have lets me take pressure off of Talonflame when it comes to revenge killing, especially when it can’t easily because Excadrill didn’t find an opportunity to rapid spin.

Orpheus (Talonflame)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 60 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Bulk Up
- Acrobatics
- Roost

If any pokemon surprised me this generation it would have to be Talonflame. I looked at it prior to testing it out and quickly dismissed it as a gimmick but trying it out finally, it’s nothing short of amazing. Frail, but amazing. Bulk Up Talonflame is incredibly hard to revenge kill because of priority Acrobatics and the defense boosts helping tank most priority moves, the only one that it doesn’t help against is Vacuum Wave, which I resist anyway. I’m running 56 speed because that gives me just enough speed to outspeed and Flare Blitz non scarfed Thundurus-T. Anything faster than that I’d rather use Acrobatics or switch out of on anyway.

Last edited:

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, i really like the team, especially the underrated threat of BU Talonflame. People reaally need to use it more. However, as always, there's stuff to fix! Quick rate tho, i might try and update it in depth more.

First off, Talonflame has no item, and Flying Gem isn't legal in pokebank. Now you can be a Dick and run acrogem, or you can go Leftovers/Sharp Beak+ Brave Bird, your call. Next, you really want Physically Defensive Chesto Resto Rotom. Mamoswine will really do shite to it, so the spe evs arent needed. You can run enough speed however to outspeed Excadrill so you can hydro pump/Burn it, before it mold breaker eqs you. Your call, IIRC it's like 108 spe or something. Regardless, being physically defensive allows you to check/counter/whatever the fuck these hardcores want to call it, even better. Now honestly, i really dont know what youre trying to do with excadrill. Its not quite a bulky set because youre running spe evs, and its not quite offensive. I think running 160 or so evs will be more efficient, enough to outspeed 0 spe rotom. People really shouldnt be running 220 spe on rotom because it needs all the bulk it can get.

Now remember this is just a quick rate, so im bound to have missed something that i may correct in future posts or just edit this one, but azumarill looks to be a complete bitch to ply around. Id be interested in knowing how you switch in to that.

Scotti

we back.
Nice Team Max Fightmaster. It seems well made and there are some underrated sets on your team also, However i think there are a few things we can change to improve this team. Now on mega tar i suggest actually running a Dragon Dance set instead of a SR set. I want you to run Dragon Dance, because your wasting all the attack it gets from mega evolving and you get the same thing done as regular SR Tar. Thats the biggest reason i think you should run Dragon Dance Mega Tar. Now that you don't have SR anymore i suggest you add Stealth Rock over Shadow Claw on excadrill. The real reason i wanted it on excadrill is because your excadrill is not sweeping, or is it trying to outright kill stuff. Thats why i suggest you run SR on excadrill because it is really not an offensive excadrill, and you already run leftovers. I also suggest running Flash Cannon over Thunderbolt, since you don't seem to hit anything important (from my perspective), so that why i think flash cannon would be good, since you can hit fairies and rock types. Though if azumarill is a problem, which it might be but idk for sure since you have Rotom-W and Gourgeist, you should keep thunderbolt.

Dragon Dance
Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
EV's 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake / Fire Punch

Anyway i hope my suggestions helped.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Run Assault Vest on Excadrill if you're going 4 attacks. The extra bulk on Excadrill is a lot more valuable than the Leftovers recovery from my experience. I'd also suggest running Rock Slide over Iron Head as Rock Slide hits Togekiss on the switch-in as well, but also does damage to other Flying-types such as Talonflame, Gyarados, and Thundurus. Fairy-types in general aren't much of a threat outside of Azumarill and Togekiss, and EQ is doing more to Azumarill anyway. Assault Vest is especially nice on Excadrill because it has such as high HP stat -- so if you were to boost its Sdef, then it gets a lot bulkier.

Running two WoW users is redundant with Gourgeist and Rotom-W, so you could very well run Assault Vest Rotom-W with Tbolt/Volt Switch/HP Ice/Hydro Pump, while maxing out SAtk for maximum power. You retain a fair amount of bulk while gaining a lot of offense -- this is a great switch in for things like Politoed, Heatran, and even opposing Rotom-W. I suppose it also comes in handy against Scarf Genesect, as Assault Vest Rotom does tank those hits like a champ. Two Assault Vest users in Exca and Rotom-w seem a bit overkill, but this maximizes their ability as tanks and bulky pivots to your offense.

Try running Choice Band Talonflame over your BU set, if only because Choice Band Talonflame adds much more to your Voltturn core. Talonflame/Genesect/Rotom Voltturn core is one of the most potent offensive combinations currently in the metagame, and Talonflame hits harder with CB Brave Bird than it would after +1 Attack Acrobatics. This Talonflame in particular is easier to bring in early game, and can also be used as a late game finisher.

I'd keep Thunderbolt on the Genesect over Flash Cannon, to be honest. I can't think of any Rock or Fairy-types off the top of my head that would warrant the blatant loss of coverage you would get from this replacement. Togekiss is handled by TB + IB, Azumarill takes more damage from Tbolt, Sylveon, Clefable, and Florges are not immediate threats and can be handled by Talonflame as such. Only relevant Rock-types off the top of my head are Terrakion and Tyranitar: I concede that Flash Cannon helps for Terrakion, but at least you have Gourgeist and Talonflame to handle it somewhat. Thunderbolt at least guarantees that you aren't wrecked by something like a DD Gyarados. Mega Gyarados in particular wrecks Rotom-W thanks to Mold Breaker, so it's pretty useful to have that secondary option in Genesect to Revenge kill. At any rate, I don't think it's worth it -- or at least it's a pretty menial change imo.

Talonflame@CB
Adamant 252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Brave Bird / Flare Blitz / Tailwind / U-turn

Rotom-W@AV
Modest 252 satk / 220 spe / 36 hp
Hydro Pump / Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / HP Ice

AV > Lefties on Exca

Good luck with this team, hope I helped.

Last edited:
Hey man, i really like the team, especially the underrated threat of BU Talonflame. People reaally need to use it more. However, as always, there's stuff to fix! Quick rate tho, i might try and update it in depth more.

First off, Talonflame has no item, and Flying Gem isn't legal in pokebank. Now you can be a Dick and run acrogem, or you can go Leftovers/Sharp Beak+ Brave Bird, your call. Next, you really want Physically Defensive Chesto Resto Rotom. Mamoswine will really do shite to it, so the spe evs arent needed. You can run enough speed however to outspeed Excadrill so you can hydro pump/Burn it, before it mold breaker eqs you. Your call, IIRC it's like 108 spe or something. Regardless, being physically defensive allows you to check/counter/whatever the fuck these hardcores want to call it, even better. Now honestly, i really dont know what youre trying to do with excadrill. Its not quite a bulky set because youre running spe evs, and its not quite offensive. I think running 160 or so evs will be more efficient, enough to outspeed 0 spe rotom. People really shouldnt be running 220 spe on rotom because it needs all the bulk it can get.

Now remember this is just a quick rate, so im bound to have missed something that i may correct in future posts or just edit this one, but azumarill looks to be a complete bitch to ply around. Id be interested in knowing how you switch in to that.
I tried the leftovers and started running Brave Bird and while the recoil can be annoying sometimes, the added punch and the leftovers recovery helps a ton. I tried running Chesto Rest Rotom but I really just don't like the idea of a one shot recovery then being useless for 2 turns. The Excadrill set was supposed to be able to outspeed 220 neutral Rotom and EQ it before it can blast me with Hydro Pump or burn me, but you're right, I'd probably be better off running more attack or something and catch rotom on the switch in, because for some reason, everyone assumes I'm running Sand Rush. Thanks.

Nice Team Max Fightmaster. It seems well made and there are some underrated sets on your team also, However i think there are a few things we can change to improve this team. Now on mega tar i suggest actually running a Dragon Dance set instead of a SR set. I want you to run Dragon Dance, because your wasting all the attack it gets from mega evolving and you get the same thing done as regular SR Tar. Thats the biggest reason i think you should run Dragon Dance Mega Tar. Now that you don't have SR anymore i suggest you add Stealth Rock over Shadow Claw on excadrill. The real reason i wanted it on excadrill is because your excadrill is not sweeping, or is it trying to outright kill stuff. Thats why i suggest you run SR on excadrill because it is really not an offensive excadrill, and you already run leftovers. I also suggest running Flash Cannon over Thunderbolt, since you don't seem to hit anything important (from my perspective), so that why i think flash cannon would be good, since you can hit fairies and rock types. Though if azumarill is a problem, which it might be but idk for sure since you have Rotom-W and Gourgeist, you should keep thunderbolt.

Dragon Dance
Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
EV's 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake / Fire Punch

Anyway i hope my suggestions helped.
I tried out running Excadrill with SR and Rapid Spin and again I found that I didn't have as much time as I would like to do both because Excadrill isn't the fastest thing in the world. DD Megatar is pretty impressive though, but I think I'd rather have him sponging special attacks.

Flash Cannon doesn't really hit anything I'd need to hit except a few fairies and Terrakion but I think I'd be better off running Thunderbolt on most of those, and Terrakion gets walled pretty hard by Gourgeist. Thanks anyway.

Run Assault Vest on Excadrill if you're going 4 attacks. The extra bulk on Excadrill is a lot more valuable than the Leftovers recovery from my experience. I'd also suggest running Rock Slide over Iron Head as Rock Slide hits Togekiss on the switch-in as well, but also does damage to other Flying-types such as Talonflame, Gyarados, and Thundurus. Fairy-types in general aren't much of a threat outside of Azumarill and Togekiss, and EQ is doing more to Azumarill anyway. Assault Vest is especially nice on Excadrill because it has such as high HP stat -- so if you were to boost its Sdef, then it gets a lot bulkier.

Running two WoW users is redundant with Gourgeist and Rotom-W, so you could very well run Assault Vest Rotom-W with Tbolt/Volt Switch/HP Ice/Hydro Pump, while maxing out SAtk for maximum power. You retain a fair amount of bulk while gaining a lot of offense -- this is a great switch in for things like Politoed, Heatran, and even opposing Rotom-W. I suppose it also comes in handy against Scarf Genesect, as Assault Vest Rotom does tank those hits like a champ. Two Assault Vest users in Exca and Rotom-w seem a bit overkill, but this maximizes their ability as tanks and bulky pivots to your offense.

Try running Choice Band Talonflame over your BU set, if only because Choice Band Talonflame adds much more to your Voltturn core. Talonflame/Genesect/Rotom Voltturn core is one of the most potent offensive combinations currently in the metagame, and Talonflame hits harder with CB Brave Bird than it would after +1 Attack Acrobatics. This Talonflame in particular is easier to bring in early game, and can also be used as a late game finisher.

I'd keep Thunderbolt on the Genesect over Flash Cannon, to be honest. I can't think of any Rock or Fairy-types off the top of my head that would warrant the blatant loss of coverage you would get from this replacement. Togekiss is handled by TB + IB, Azumarill takes more damage from Tbolt, Sylveon, Clefable, and Florges are not immediate threats and can be handled by Talonflame as such. Only relevant Rock-types off the top of my head are Terrakion and Tyranitar: I concede that Flash Cannon helps for Terrakion, but at least you have Gourgeist and Talonflame to handle it somewhat. Thunderbolt at least guarantees that you aren't wrecked by something like a DD Gyarados. Mega Gyarados in particular wrecks Rotom-W thanks to Mold Breaker, so it's pretty useful to have that secondary option in Genesect to Revenge kill. At any rate, I don't think it's worth it -- or at least it's a pretty menial change imo.

Talonflame@CB
Adamant 252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Brave Bird / Flare Blitz / Tailwind / U-turn

Rotom-W@AV
Modest 252 satk / 220 spe / 36 hp
Hydro Pump / Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / HP Ice

AV > Lefties on Exca

Good luck with this team, hope I helped.
I tried running CB Talonflame and I didn't really like using it as much, it wasn't like it was a bad suggestion but I'm not a big fan of volt turn. It's not very fun for me to use since its pretty autopilot. I started running Assault Vest and it's really handy on Excadrill but I feel as though I miss Rotom's Pain Split a lot more when I'm running 4 attacks. I did however switch Will-O-Wisp to Tbolt so I won't have as much trouble with Sub Bounce Gyara anymore.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)