Regice+Alomomola+Tangela= RAT (Really Awesome Tanks!!)

Which Mega Evolution is better out of these ones?

• Total voters
Hello, guys, it's your boy Yung Scytha, AKA, Tru Scytha, but best know as the Scytha Gang!! I got you guys a new NU Team that I have made!! I did test this team out on the ladder, and so far, it is successful. Right now (at the time of this post) I'm 9-1 with my alt, BobbyBobby, with only 1796 points (just started tested this out), and I'm able to go far in battle, however, I need another set of eyes to see it so that I can improve on the team!! Ok, lets get to it!! [do /rank BobbyBobby to see my rank]

download (2).jpg
Hadoken (Simipour) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot

He is used late, late, late game to clean up any undead foes, or if the time is right to let this beast loose!! Hydro Pump for powerful STAB (please don't miss), Ice Beam for Grass Types, Grass Knot for Alomomola, and Nasty Plot if I'm against a foe who can't threaten me (like a sleeping foe)!! One Nast Plot, and he can sweep!

tangela.jpg
'Dem Dreadz (Tangela) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Just look at those dreads (lol)!! His job is simple, wall (most) physical threats, and hit back with it's max invested Special Atk! He does a good job walling Sawk, because a non-crit Sawk Ice Punch does about 30%, which will allow me to put it to Rest with the Sleep Powder, and 2HKO it with Giga Drain. HP Ice is for mainly Sawsbuck, because Sap Sipper is a pain!! Giga Drain with Dem Dreadz can 2HKO most non-special walls. Leech Seed is for wearing threats down, and Regenerator is a life saver on this thing!! He is a major member of my team!!

download (1).jpg
X- Blade (Pinsir) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

It's the X-Blade!! His job is to sweep late game with his decent physical attack coverage, yet he has been struggling lately with the Choice Scarf set. He always ends up bailing out, so he's only good for hitting things for 30% (cuz my foe predicts)! He couldn't even OHKO a Musharna with X-Scissor!! I plan to change this current set (or replace with something better)!

200px-181Ampharos.png
Raiya (Ampharos) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast/ Hidden Power [Ice]
- Cotton Guard
- Heal Bell

This set was made to make Raiya a tank!! Cotton Guard is good because my defense goes up to +3, and Raiya will force the foes to only use special attacks. Thunderbolt and Focus Blast deal big damage to many threats, yet if i choose FB over HP Ice, I get walled by some threats, however, choosing HP Ice over FB also gets me walled by other threats. Heal Bell is useful for healing possible poison from one of my Walls! I plan on replacing her for Eelectross because she is just not putting in work like the other members. She's basically there to "take the Thunderbolt for the team"...

download.jpg
Halo Freeze (Regice) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave
Honestly...one of, if not..THE best members on my team! This thing abuses base 200 Special Def because it doesn't need any investments in it at all to be effective! MAx Def is best for him! I usually Thunder Wave to slowdown bigger threats, then hit hard with my max Special Attack, in the form of decent coverage, AKA, Focus BoltBeam!! It can wall most threats, and it has been a life saver in many battles. One time, a Scolipede Rock Slide did only 41%!! This thing is a tank! One time, I got hit hard with a Charizard Fire Blast, and it survived with 8%!! I Thunder Wave'd it, then Thunderbolt'd it FTW! Halo is a major member on my team who is capable of taking hit's and dishing them out!

alomomola.jpg
Pacifist (Alomomola) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

The most standard of all Alomomola sets!! This thing can take physical hits all day (not Horn Leech)! If this switches in to a physical sweeper, Pacifist can force a switch, and cause a foe to be Toxic'd, or risk getting Burned by Scald!! I can Recover my health back, and late game, I can Toxic Stall so bad, and abuse Regenerator, that I can switch back and forth into Dem Dreadz and wall horrendously!!

Strengths:
This team has a decent defensive core that is hard to break, and also, most of my walls are able to hit hard because of their "tank style" investments. The main goal is to wear my foe down with my tanks 'Dem Dreadz, Pacifist, Halo Freeze, Raiya), and force rage quits then hit hard with my attackers (X-Blade, Hadoken). The tanks do most of the work on this team. I usually get 3-0's up to 5-0's, and potentially 6-0's with this team.

Weaknesses/Threats:
An opposing Pinsir is problematic if it's running the Sword Dance Moxie Set. My foe got a 4-6 lead at the start of the fight because he lead off with that set, yet I was able to comeback for the win because I wore him down with Toxic Regenerator Prediction Switch Stall (not easy to pull off). It has the potential to sweep my entire team if used at a good time!! Sawsbuck is also problematic, not just because of Sap Sipper, but because his coverage can allows him to hit every single one of my walls for super effective damage (Jump Kick Regice, Horn Leech Alomomola, Megahorn Tangela), plus his Return/Facade will do a lot to my Pinsir if i try to use him to counter. The Substitute/Sword Dance Set is the most dangerous Sawsbuck Set, as this one has a high chance of sweeping my team. Musharna with the Calm Mind/Moonlight/Heal Bell/Psychic Stall set almost swept my team once, but I got a crit on it. Jynx can be a big threat if it's the Subsitute/Nasty Plot Set, yet if I get off a Thunder Wave on it, it's no where near as scary. Eelectross is the worst one of all. He's so bad, he broke my 9-0 winning streak and gave me my first loss. If hazards are already on my side of the field, he can freely Volt Switch in and out as he pleases, making him impossible to stall out or counter. It's not necessarily him alone, it's the combo of him and hazards that limits the amount of times I can switch to counter (Stealth Rocks)

Conclusion:.​
This is a difficult team to beat. I have clips of the team in action down below. I managed to beat a good deal of teams off the ladder, as well as on it. I even defeated that vicious Liepard Assist-Whirlwind Spamming Ditto Rocks Switcharoo Evil Prankster Team!! Please help me come up with ways on how to improve this team. This team has great potential, yet has some problems that needs fixing! If you spot out more weaknesses, please tell me! Thank you all for reading, and this is your boy, Scytha Gang, U-Turning, the hell outta here!! Holla!

Top 5 Replays with the Team in Action (not in any order):

hey! i agree, tangela/regice/alomomola is a pretty effective core. my problem with this team is ampharos, which really doesn't seem to do much, pinsir, and a gigantic lack of entry hazards on a team that forces switches. as you listed, the big threats to this team are:

pinsir
sawsbuck
musharna
jynx
eelektross

my suggestions would first to go pinsir -> scarf electabuzz. he deals with pinsir, sawsbuck, and jynx fairly well, since the scarf set is stupidly fast and hits hard. secondly, i'd switch ampharos -> scolipede. scolipede gives you spikes and some needed offense with swords dance, while handling sawsbuck, musharna, and jynx very well. lastly, my other gripe with this team is how much braviary gives it trouble, especially a sub bulk up set. my suggestion, probably against your wishes, is to switch regice -> golem. while thunder wave and high spdef is nice, golem gives stealth rocks, a possible check to everything (sturdy) and a flying/normal resist. these changes also really clean up the synergy on this team.

Electabuzz @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scolipede @ Life Orb/Focus Sash/Black Sludge
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Megahorn
- Spikes
- Swords Dance

Golem @ Ground Gem/Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 68 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Blast

i hope i helped! :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)