ORAS PU Regigigas Bulky Offense Team

INTRODUCTION
Hello all! I am Nihilos and this is my first RMT, showing you peeps one of my favorite teams centered around my favorite mon, Regigigas. The team does pretty well on ladder and has won 2 roomtourneys for me. It can pull off some risky but reliable 6-0s, which is always fun! Lets get started...

The Team

Regigigas @ Leftovers
Ability: Slow Start
Happiness: 0
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
Ev's and set is designed to outspeed threats when slow start is finished and have huge dual defences with bulk up passed stats from Floatzel, bulk up also helps with slow start turns and makes Regigigas subs go a little further, also allowing him to have a decent attack under slow start. Frustration and happiness at 0 to stop Ditto. Can also act as a kind of Lickilicky/Audino special wall substitute if you can't pull off the sweep or Floatzel goes down.

Floatzel @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Baton Pass
- Waterfall
- Taunt
This set is a little unorthodox but serves a purpose and still functions well as a regular Floatzel. I use this set to counter lead SR setter mons like Crustle and Golem with fast taunt and bulk up, taunt also allows Regigigas to come in safe from status and get a sub up to protect him later on. Waterfall for stab move, ice punch is also an option over taunt but i find taunt to be more helpful. Throw this Floatzel in on sucker punch mons and bulk up when they try to sucker punch, forcing them to keep pressing sucker punch and potentially lose damage, or try to hit you and you can then outspeed and ko with waterfall. Focus sash is there to help secure the pass on faster mons like Zebstrika and Electrode. Focus sash and taunt also allow you to stop Leavanny webs pretty safely.

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Toxic
Standard Gabite. I needed something to help with physical attackers and set rocks, speed is there to help deal with Golem. Gabite is also a good alternative recipient of bulk up in a pinch. Great Defensive synergy with Avalugg.

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Spikes
- Synthesis
Specially defensive Roselia. Status sponge. Spikes stack is good on this team since i have so much bulk, helps Regigigas score more kos when he sets up and puts pressure to clear hazards. Regigigas has problems with Gourgeist and Roselia deals with Gourgeist pretty well.

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
This ev set is here to counter Machoke, but now that Machoke is gone you can use standard Avalugg if you want. Earthquake over toxic to hit steel and fire types on the switch, decent hazard control mon. Bulk up turns Avalugg into a beast also. Avalugg and Gabite have great defensive synergy. Use this mon to soak knock offs.

Dusknoir @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Sneak
- Thunder Punch
- Focus Punch
Meme set. JK. AV Dusk helps deal with special attackers, namely Mr.Mime and Grumpig, who's focus blast does a ton of damage to Regigigas. Focus punch is there when you predict a switch into a normal type or dark type, or any switch actually. The added damage over eq or shadow sneak is great. Focus punch is also fun to use when you predict a roost after you tpunch some birds. This Dusknoir is my go to second BU pass choice if Regigigas has been put out of action, bulk up gives him sky high defences on both sides and helps boost his attack too. Makes a nice special defensive partnering with Roselia.

The main idea of the team is to make Floatzel bulk up pass to Regigigas and sweep. I also wanted a team where if the main sweep didn't work it was still solid and wouldn't get bulled over.
Pastebin for those interested: http://pastebin.com/Yh2wGAyA
THREATS:
Sd mawile is scary, help me deal with it plz.
Sub Rotom sets are also hard to deal with.

REPLAYS
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-360973461
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-386660526
Was trying out different mons in the teamslots, i promise ill upload some with this team exactly.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-403898706
Any and all suggestions are helpful! thanks for reading!

Shoutout to Slowbroth for telling me i should put my team up in RMT, and helping me with the RMT making process. SO to PokemonmasterTj for helping me test the team a trillion times, and critiquing my games!

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, cool team

I really like the floatzel pass dynamic, very innovative. The structure looks pretty solid, so I don't have to many changes to suggest. Firstly, i think you should run Pursuit over Focus Punch on Dusknoir, as is allows it to more reliably remove psychic types, and also in general weaken special attackers, as dusknoir gets warn down fairly easily, and this allows it to equally weaken what it wants to. I also think Toxic Spikes is a useful alternative to Spikes, as it fits in well with Regigigas's ability to stall, and puts a lot of pressure onto the the opponent while its trying to end slow start. Running Max HP with Leftovers on Floatzel instead of Attack, as it is rare for its sash to be broken, and this gives it a better set up oppurtunity

The only Pokemon change I recomend, is Scarf Rotom-f over Avalugg, as this team needs a more reliable revenge killer, as Floatzel is unreliable given its mono coverage, and scarf Rotom can easily come in and revenge kill threats such as mixed Floatzel and the Simi's. Additionally, rapid spin, though nice, isn't crucial for this team to function, whereas a reliable revenge killer for bulky teams is considering how good stallbreakers are in this meta.

Roselia
Spikes ---> Toxic Spikes

Dusknoir
Focus Punch ---> Pursuit

Floatzel @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)