Regigigas Event Coming to the US

By the way, this Regi doesn't have that Classic Ribbon, so it might be easy to obtain in GTS. Actually, I think there was a redistributable Regi floating on Wi-Fi... It's Japanese, though. I don't know if it will work in US Platinum.
You're correct. This event is the American equivalent of the Movie Regigias. Same moves, same species, etc...

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
hey goatseguy lol, i can actually post here at this time of the day compared to work days...

If that's true then I feel dumb. Must have been added since the last time I tried to use it... Why is it allowed? Shouldn't it be banned for the same reason Arceus is?
it is, i dont know what syberia's talking about. people would have abused it on smogon's server by now or at least made a few discussion threads about it

it is, i dont know what syberia's talking about. people would have abused it on smogon's server by now or at least made a few discussion threads about it
I may have misread Syberia's post, but I never saw him mention Shoddy. He is probably referring to wifi battles.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is Custap Berry the unreleased one that allows you to go first in the turn, one-use? Because it'd be pretty useful for leads and set-ups and all.

The Regi itself, at lv. 100 is useless >(, but I can at least SR for the Regis once more with Synchs without being frustrated with Ruby for hours on end.

already have about 6 japanese ones, will be exploring GTS when the time comes to grab one (or 6...)
this means europe should be getting the same event then

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well it's been available ever since the Japanese Regigigas event; I've seen it used on wifi a couple times.

It should be on Shoddy, because it does exist somewhere. Shaymin is Japan-only, yet it is still implemented. As are Platinum moves.

What do you do ultimatededra, wait all night/day for a site to put up the news so you can post it first eerywhere? ;P

Anyways, Lv 100 Regigigas is uncool, but if it unlocks the Regi trio, that's great (no more SRing with Emerald's crap RNG).

What do you do ultimatededra, wait all night/day for a site to put up the news so you can post it first eerywhere? ;P

Anyways, Lv 100 Regigigas is uncool, but if it unlocks the Regi trio, that's great (no more SRing with Emerald's crap RNG).
Actualy i work for Toys'r'us right now.

Well it's been available ever since the Japanese Regigigas event; I've seen it used on wifi a couple times.

It should be on Shoddy, because it does exist somewhere. Shaymin is Japan-only, yet it is still implemented. As are Platinum moves.
I coulda swore there was also a discussion thread on it as well, but I haven't seen it used on shoddy

Well yea this regigigas is almost as queer as the level 1 one lol

That's two events I can't get within two months... Everyone else is going to be able to SR the Regis! >.>

Anyways, the only other god thing here is that berry. I can think of several ways that can turn a match in your favor...

No events ever come to the UK so I have to use cheats to complete the pokedex :(
Umm... Last I checked, the events just come a year late... What's wrong with waiting? >.>

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Level 100 means no Ev training which is bad if you want to use Regigigas competitively.
Um, I don't think so. I'm pretty sure you can do a little trick in the PC to update its EVs. Anyways, with so many people using Wondercards, I doubt too many poeple will show up for the event.

Um, I don't think so. I'm pretty sure you can do a little trick in the PC to update its EVs. Anyways, with so many people using Wondercards, I doubt too many poeple will show up for the event.
You still can't EV train it. You gain EVs by gaining experience, and level 100 pokemon do NOT gain experience. The most you can get is 100 EVs in each stat via vitamins, but that's the max.

If that's true then I feel dumb. Must have been added since the last time I tried to use it... Why is it allowed? Shouldn't it be banned for the same reason Arceus is?
It was released in Japan though, so it's not unobtainable.

I'm really loving how these events are coinciding both with my trip home in February and also my Spring Break. Now just to get rid of these other wondercards... darn Darkrai and Deoxys.

Edit: Yeah the box trick doesn't work on lv 100 pokeys.

I gotta schedule a time to go down there. Sure, I have the regi's already, but I don't want to restart an Emerald game just to get another set of them.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
About the fact that Custap Berry can be used on Shoddy: I think it's part of the "Extended Game Clause". The one that allows you to use Arceus and other event berries.

Is there any site that still lists the locations that hosted the older events, like Darkrai and Manaphy? I live near a Toys 'R Us now, but I also live in Vermont, so I'm not entirely sure they'll hold it here or not.

Is there any site that still lists the locations that hosted the older events, like Darkrai and Manaphy? I live near a Toys 'R Us now, but I also live in Vermont, so I'm not entirely sure they'll hold it here or not.
I doubt anyone ever compiled such a list. Best bet would be to call your local TRU and hope somebody knowledgeable answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)