Regigigas

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
He can't even learn rest. You'd think after being asleep for thousands of years, and being out of his prime because of it, he'd be able to nap just a little bit more.

breh

強いだね
you guys but why the hell would you want to use Choice Specs Regigigas? Use like... Choice Specs Porygon Z or something... you at least have a STAB move then..

you guys but why the hell would you want to use Choice Specs Regigigas? Use like... Choice Specs Porygon Z or something... you at least have a STAB move then..
A very good question. Porygon Z is an amazing normal special attacker and with some defense and Chople Berry, priority wouldn't 1-2 hit ko him like it normally would. Pass it Butterfly Dances, Calm Minds, etc and it won't go down. (+2 Adaptability 2 hit koes things like Scizor and +2 Download can 2 hit ko non-special defense oriented Metagrosses with Hp Fighting for goodness sakes.)

could you possibly worry seed smeargle, ingrain with that smeargle, wide guard with a nageki or something to protect smeargle, then pass it to regi next turn? i know, kinda crazy, but it would be so good if it worked.

or can you not pass worry seed?

well, Truant actually halves ALL of your stats(not HP and Speed), because in one turn YOU move, the opponent can deal damage TWICE as much as they would normally do. This goes the same for YOU attacking, in 2 turns you do as much damage as a pokemon with half your attack stat(say, regigigas in first 5 turns). With Slow Start, your defenses dont get halved

I hope you all got this explanation
Not if you OHKO something then switch out with banded return.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
could you possibly worry seed smeargle, ingrain with that smeargle, wide guard with a nageki or something to protect smeargle, then pass it to regi next turn? i know, kinda crazy, but it would be so good if it worked.

or can you not pass worry seed?
You can't pass worry seed, and that's so complicated it'd never work anyway.

Wondering, which Ability-changing moves actually work on Slow Start? With the Mental Herb, I realize that he could have more Doubles partners than just Whimsicott.

doesnt when you change his ability he retain the haled attack AND speed ?

yeah fuck that

EDIT : no it isnt

but with this fighting buffed metagame i dont see reason to use regigigas really

The problem with the Cofagrigus strategy is that, unlike Slaking, Regigigas does not get Pursuit.

Slaking needs Pursuit in cs the opponent tries the obvious response: switching out. And Cofagrigus can't learn Baton Pass. Unless you could have Cofagrigus Escape Button to something that does have Block/MeanLook and Baton Pass, I don't really see how you could reliably get Regigigas to lose Slow Start in singles.

In doubles, however, you can just make Cofagrigus his teammate, or pair 'gig' with anything with an ability-changing move and a Mental Herb.

The problem with the Cofagrigus strategy is that, unlike Slaking, Regigigas does not get Pursuit.

Slaking needs Pursuit in cs the opponent tries the obvious response: switching out. And Cofagrigus can't learn Baton Pass. Unless you could have Cofagrigus Escape Button to something that does have Block/MeanLook and Baton Pass, I don't really see how you could reliably get Regigigas to lose Slow Start in singles.

In doubles, however, you can just make Cofagrigus his teammate, or pair 'gig' with anything with an ability-changing move and a Mental Herb.
Why do you need pursuit? Can't you just send him out? He has like Uber stats. He should be able to do some damage no matter what comes in.

Why do you need pursuit? Can't you just send him out? He has like Uber stats. He should be able to do some damage no matter what comes in.
No, he won't have Uber stats, because you won't be able to hit the Mummy'd opponent when they switch out the turn after.

breh

強いだね
No, he won't have Uber stats, because you won't be able to hit the Mummy'd opponent when they switch out the turn after.
*idea*

Adamant Regigigas @ Leftovers
Return
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Return
Earthquake
Substitute
Thunder Wave / Fire Punch

Sub on the switch, paralyze something while they break it if using T-wave, stall, ???????, do damage

Sun and aromatherapy support helps.

If you snd him out and don't use Pursuit, or don't have it, then the opponent who's afflicted with Mummy will switch out next turn, denying Regigigas is chance to shed Slow Start.

Slaking can use Pursuit to make contact with the Mummified enemy whether they switch or not.

Regigigas can't do that.

However his presence in Doubles has improved, due to the addition of Whimiscott and the Mental Herb.

Been playing around with a Modest Specs set with I think 252 HP / 252 SpA. Regi's natural bulk lets him take a few neutral hits with ease most of the time.

It's nothing too special, but it's fun to catch people off guard with from time to time.

I love me some RegiPHAIL in Doubles. Open with Cherrim & Drought Ninetales, use Worry Seed and switch in with RegiPHAIL. Is this the best stratagy on the planet, no. Is it hilarious, I think so. One of my favorite sweepers.

On a side note, Regigigas gets something amazing new attack... In Triples, you may want a Pokemon to Snatch it back, but Regigigas is one of the twenty-two viable Wide Guard users (I included Pokemon that might be worth giving Evolite as well as all fully evolved Pokemon that use the move). With good defenses and STAB Retaliate, Regigigas might have found a niche with Evolite Shroomish which gets Spore, Worry Seed, and Snatch.

In Single Battles, RegiPHAIL is RegiPHAIL, just know there are other Pokemon in the sea, seriously, a vast multitude of Water-types... You'd need Mean Look, Baton Pass, Encore, Swagger? I don't know, but it sounds like a painful challenge to me.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
How About Iron Head? :D
not useful because it doesn't helps coverage wise and he is too slow in the first 5 turns to flinch anything outside of things like slowbro :/

I don't see any reason to use regigigas outside of NU, where he could be an okay wall, but even there are quite a lot things that could do this better.
He needs way too many support to get that five free turns and if you can manage to get that many time you could use it to set-up something better, because basically you waste five turns to get 2 Dragon Dances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)