1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Registered user: Glitch?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Dygii, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dygii

Dygii

I've been playing Pokemon Showdown for fun under the name Dygii as I try to improve my competitive battling skills before I actually try my hand at battling serious competitive players. However, when I tried using the nickname today, it told me that the name was registered. I don't know how to register and I don't recall ever receiving a prompt; nevertheless, none of my usual passwords work. Is this a glitch, or is it possible that someone else claimed the username "Dygii" (which seems odd to me because it's a weird name and I've only been playing PS for a few days).

Thanks.
  2. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Someone taking your name is the most likely case - if you've had a high ladder ranking and didn't register your account, it's all the more likely.
  3. Dygii

Dygii

I'm not entirely sure if I had any kind of ladder ranking. Normally, how would I register my account? If I can't get Dygii back, it'd be nice to pick a new name and not have someone steal it. :X
  4. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

You'll get a register button if you're not registered and you win a ladder battle.
  5. Dygii

Dygii

...Well ok, it just let me log in with Dygii. Sorry for this D; But thanks a lot for answering my question! Looks like I better go win myself a ladder battle if I can, eheh...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)