Serious Relationships and Sex Ed Thread

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yo, I just got drunk with several mates and got goaded (kinda, I took initiative) into asking a girl out who I'm not all that interested in. I badically told her over facebook I'd ask her out as soon as she gave me her number; she gave me her number and said wait til I'm less drunk. I know she likes me and I've talked to her for a while but I like someone else... Uhhhhh advice?

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Go on a date and see how it goes, you might find yourself surprised. If not, no harm ho foul and you can feel free to pursue this other interest.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
wouldn't it be "wrong" to date someone while you're thinking of somebody else? Having this false relationship would also delay his pursuit for his crush.

Yo, I just got drunk with several mates and got goaded (kinda, I took initiative) into asking a girl out who I'm not all that interested in. I badically told her over facebook I'd ask her out as soon as she gave me her number; she gave me her number and said wait til I'm less drunk. I know she likes me and I've talked to her for a while but I like someone else... Uhhhhh advice?
Just be honest and tell her what you told us. Except maybe instead of mentioning your mates talking you into it, just say your judgement was hazy.

I agree with Texas, I would give it a shot. I've had situations where despite being really attracted to girl A the more time I spent with girl B made my affection towards girl A fade. That probably won't be the case for you, but if you do decide to go out with her and you find yourself uncomfortable, just tell her that you don't see it working out.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I just saw this thread, and I couldn't help but ask for advice.

There is a girl where I work (Chick-Fil-A, best fast food job you can possibly have) that I am a bit interested in. So I've been friendly towards her, and it seems to have been reciprocated. She said recently that she had to go to an anniversary dinner for her aunt/uncle, and mentioned that she mentioned me to her aunt b/c I've been so nice.

WOAH WAIT HOLD THE PHONE

I am not sure what to make of this, to be honest. Help?

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Cheers guys, gonna take Texas Cloverleaf's advice i think. She's still a pretty nice girl, the other girl is probably more of a crush based on a fantasy in my head anyway... i've done that before and found that when i finally did ask a girl like that out it couldn't possibly live up to my expectations.

My first kiss was in freshman year of college. I had gotten out of a local Smash tournament with my friends and we had just went for sandwiches at a nearby deli. It's cold out so I start unwrapping my sandwich on a table outside when I hear from above me a resounding "GET FUCKED UP!" I instinctively move to protect the sandwich and I feel about 4 gallons of beer being poured on me. I flip off the guys 4 stories above me and move on. I'm getting incredibly tired of the conversation when suddenly the girl I just started dating texts me asking where I am and what I'm doing. I ditch my friends and we meet in my room. In retrospect she probably wanted to kiss right then, or maybe do a little more than that, but I was dense as fuck and we watched 30 minutes of V for Vendetta before she called it quits. I manned up, however, and before she left, I gave her a good night kiss, smelling like beer and everything. The next night, we finished the movie and made out with tongue for a little bit, but it didn't go any farther than that. The next morning, she told me we needed to talk, so we met at the library and walked as she told me that she was going through some insecurities, that she's not sure whether she was attracted to guys. It was getting close to the end of the semester, and she didn't want to worry about figuring that shit out right then. I'll still never know if she was being honest with me, but now she's dating some other guy and I really don't care.

Everything else happened for me during my sophomore year of college. Toward the end of the first semester, there was a freshman who rolled in to the science fiction club and gave me her number as we were about to leave. We left the meeting together, had some nice conversation, went back to my place, and watched the Truman Show. Yeah, I'm still a bit awkward here, but as we sit there, we're nestling closer and closer together. I kiss her as it ends, and she tells me it's her first kiss. After the next date, we make out and I get under the shirt for the first time. A few dates later, we're still hitting it off, and we're about to make out again. But this time she stops me. She says,

"Ok, so I want to be honest with you: when I make out with you, I imagine myself as a guy."

And I'm just sitting there, thinking this is the start of a breakup. I have no idea where the conversion is going, but before I have a chance to say anything she says, "but don't worry, I still really enjoy what we do, I just get a little uncomfortable sometimes. I just thought I should let you know before we started." My thoughts at this point are that this new development shouldn't really matter, because from my perspective she's still a great girl who likes me, and how she sees herself when making out doesn't really affect what I do. So we go through the same bases as before, but I'm hesitant to move forward because she might be uncomfortable. But then she skips a few steps, asking me if I have a condom. I do, and we have sex. I walk her back home afterward and we go "facebook official". 18 hours later, I get a text asking how I felt about the night before. The conversation leads to her telling me that she learned a lot from the experience, and that she realized she couldn't be attracted in that way to any guy. I know she was telling the truth there because in the future she became much more open about being transgender.

This has since been the only time I've had sex, and it's been about two years. I've made out with three girls since, but it never went below the belt. That doesn't mean I've been pissing about though; I've had quite a few attempts end in hilarious failure over the course of high school and college. I've learned quite a bit from all this, so I may tell the rest of my stories at some point. For now though, I'm chilling out and I want to learn more, but there isn't really anyone I'm interested in, so I'm content to wait and passively search.

Last edited:

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
I had a boyfriend when I was 18. After it became apparent that he really only just wanted sex, I got rid of him. That goes well beyond what I will tolerate as far as selfishness goes, if it directly involves me.

I wasn't in a hurry about it and he kept bugging me about it. Then he tried to say that the reason I wouldn't do it was because I "didn't really love him" and I wasn't going to let him manipulate me that way. I eventually got sick of it.
Yeeaaah, I've heard people use that one before. It's kind of like when a 5 year old tells their mom they hate them for not buying them a toy they want. It just shows a massive lack of respect and appreciation. (and a terrible misvaluing of what to call love.)

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but here's a good one to apply. There's two ways for a relationship to go:
  • You break up
  • You stay together forever
If you don't break up, it ends and people are sad. If you never split up then you ended up together forever. It's a simple idea that can put a lot of situations into perspective when you feel like everything is really confusing, as it forces you to think long term. Should I bother starting the relationship if we probably won't last? Should I stay with them now that I know we have chosen radically different paths in life? Stuff like that.

So back in senior year, there was this girl I liked, "Sarah". I had been hanging out with her for a while, and I eventually asked her out 2 weeks before homecoming. We were like best friends, and I figured it would last a while. We never really got the chance to go on dates or anything, but she was my first kiss. Homecoming rolls around, and I'm walking out the door to have lunch with a couple of buds. Her best friend says to her ex, who was walking with me at the time (they were still friends and stuff), ew, its "Sam", and so I reply with "ew, its "Amanda." Nothing personal, just a little banter, joking and stuff. I check my phone 20 minutes later and "Sarah" sent me a text saying it's over, and I later learned that like 10 minutes later she was already making the moves on some other guy. I was upset for a while, whatever, and then she texts me asking to hang out and talk about us and stuff. So she became my best friend again for a couple months, while dating one of her ex's (like for the 9th time lol), until eventually she stopped being my friend in March of 2012 because she didn't like I was still into her. Spring goes by, and at the Senior Lock-in she texts me apologizing. Like the fool I was, I accepted (having been burned by another girl), and we were friends for a long time again. During this 3rd "best friend phase", I was still interested as all hell in her, and cared about her a lot. She was having issues with "meeting a guy, going all the way, then never hearing from them again." During this time, I met a girl on Facebook, and she eventually got tired of "Sarah" playing me like a fool, and sent her a very strongly worded message about how she felt about "Sarah". "Sarah" was upset with that, for obvious reasons, and I haven't talked to her since March of 2013. Lost the love of my life ;) but thats my current love life story.

Thiiiiiiiiiiis. Can it be awkward? Sure--especially at first--but there's really no better way to get the dirt on a girl's feelings for you. That's from my experiences, anyways.
Well, I tried asking one of her friends(Let's call her Jane) if she knew anything about how the girl felt, and Jane didn't know. However, Jane did say that I should try asking the girl out again at a later time.

It's something I guess, but I'm still not really sure what to do here. Obviously again, no intention to ask her for a little while, but the idea of asking is still in the ballpark.

Last edited:
Well I finally broke up with that girl and I have to say I feel awful. She kept saying how she still cared about me and I'm making her feel awful and it hurt so much. Tips for bad breakups?

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well I finally broke up with that girl and I have to say I feel awful. She kept saying how she still cared about me and I'm making her feel awful and it hurt so much. Tips for bad breakups?
Implying there are good breakups.

The closest you can get is 'amicable'. If it was, then there is hardly anything more you can do.

tl;dr friendzoned by sarah 3 times but i still love her
i think i saw a movie adaptation of this on lifetime. but seriously, what happened with fb chick?

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but here's a good one to apply. There's two ways for a relationship to go:
  • You break up
  • You stay together forever
you forgot:
  • You break up
  • You get back together
  • You break up
  • You get back together
  • You have 4 kids

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)