Serious Relationships and Sex Ed Thread

Cumquat

Banned deucer.
There isn't yet much to tell, yet, but sure. I've sent her an introductory PM stating my intentions very clearly (It helps to be forward with these things, from what I've read. It's more "alpha"). For the time being we'll be corresponding through private message, then as time progresses we'll start leaving messages on each other's walls, response-liking each other's posts, then maybe we'll graduate to Skype - and then god knows what else. She's in another continent though so that makes real-time correspondence very difficult, but I do believe love transcends time zones.

I met my boyfriend through Pokemon showdown actually :3
Was battling his friend while they were both livestreaming and they both thought I was funny~
So then, my current boyfriend sent me a link to his youtube where I went through his videos and commented stuff. c:
Then he checked out my channel where I do a lot of art stuff and requested I make some youtube art for him and his friends.
We talked over skype about it and started getting closer and closer and here we are now~ He's going to be visiting me over the summer :3

Cumquat

Banned deucer.
How can you date someone without actually meeting them in person... you don't know what they're like at all until you meet them face to face.

I'm sure Passion is laughing right now too.
This isn't at all true. Contrary to popular belief you can very well get to know a person online; I'd go as far as saying you can get to know them better because online they're not burdened by the societal expectations that dominate day-to-day communications of the IRL mode. You can look at pictures of each other, talk on Skype, play games together on Steam, the list goes on... and what would we do in real life? Go to dinner maybe, talk about books I'll pretend to like to seem intelligent, panic over who's going to pay the bill, panic about whether or not I'm going to get a kiss good night and then go home and scrutinize about it on the internet? What good is such a date? I'd rather just play WoW with her. There's far more you can learn about a girl from the way she raids than from any supposedly more "intimate" contact you can get with her in real life.

This isn't at all true. Contrary to popular belief you can very well get to know a person online; I'd go as far as saying you can get to know them better because online they're not burdened by the societal expectations that dominate day-to-day communications of the IRL mode. You can look at pictures of each other, talk on Skype, play games together on Steam, the list goes on... and what would we do in real life? Go to dinner maybe, talk about books I'll pretend to like to seem intelligent, panic over who's going to pay the bill, panic about whether or not I'm going to get a kiss good night and then go home and scrutinize about it on the internet? What good is such a date? I'd rather just play WoW with her. There's far more you can learn about a girl from the way she raids than from any supposedly more "intimate" contact you can get with her in real life.
If you're actually serious about this bolded text, I feel bad for you

It's significantly easier to lie about yourself behind a computer than it is face to face by the way. Also, your explanation of a date is pretty off / makes me believe that you've never actually been on one.

Cumquat

Banned deucer.
If you're actually serious about this bolded text, I feel bad for you

It's significantly easier to lie about yourself behind a computer than it is face to face by the way. Also, your explanation of a date is pretty off / makes me believe that you've never actually been on one.
If we're making baseless assumptions about each other then you sound like someone who's just bitter they've been betrayed by their partner, online or otherwise. There is honestly no other reason why someone should be so cynical about two people meeting and getting to know each other on an alternative medium. I have actually been on a date before, contrary to what you imply, and even though I liked the girl and she liked me it wasn't very enjoyable for either of us. You say it's significantly easier to lie about yourself behind the computer - and I counter that with, why would anyone want to? Yes, I realize there are plenty of people who are insecure in who they are but I am not one of them and I'm quite confident Fran isn't either. We've both seen pictures of each other so any concerns about her secretly being a 40 year old pedophile are out the window. There, I just reverse image-searched them. And that "by the way", by the way? Don't pretend like you're casually revealing some divine truth to me that's eluded me all these years of my life. I do disagree with your signature, by the way. You don't sound like someone who's confident in their own homosexuality.

You say it's significantly easier to lie about yourself behind the computer - and I counter that with, why would anyone want to? Yes, I realize there are plenty of people who are insecure in who they are but I am not one of them and I'm quite confident Fran isn't either.
You kind of answered your own question with the very next sentence...

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catfish:_The_TV_Show
This happens quite often whether you believe it or not.

If we're making baseless assumptions about each other then you sound like someone who's just bitter they've been betrayed by their partner, online or otherwise. There is honestly no other reason why someone should be so cynical about two people meeting and getting to know each other on an alternative medium. I have actually been on a date before, contrary to what you imply, and even though I liked the girl and she liked me it wasn't very enjoyable for either of us. You say it's significantly easier to lie about yourself behind the computer - and I counter that with, why would anyone want to? Yes, I realize there are plenty of people who are insecure in who they are but I am not one of them and I'm quite confident Fran isn't either. We've both seen pictures of each other so any concerns about her secretly being a 40 year old pedophile are out the window. There, I just reverse image-searched them. And that "by the way", by the way? Don't pretend like you're casually revealing some divine truth to me that's eluded me all these years of my life. I do disagree with your signature, by the way. You don't sound like someone who's confident in their own homosexuality.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

First off, I'm not homosexual. It's a quote a friend of mine said in a skype call.

Second, no, I'm not. I haven't been betrayed by anyone irl, and LMFAO if you think I would ever date someone solely on a computer. I just find e-dating to be completely pointless.

Third, the fact that you contradicted yourself with what I bolded highlights my point. Yes, people can lie in real life or behind a computer, but there are so many things they can lie about contrary to having a face to face conversation with someone. It's a lot harder to read emotions, interpret thoughts, etc with mere text, hell even facial expressions are a huge factor.
If you want reasons as to why people lie, I suggest talking to people like BLINGAS ♥ and Dice who have actually pretended to be women for extended peroids of time on the internet (and were very successful into tricking people). Reverse image searching only goes so far.

Last edited:

Cumquat

Banned deucer.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

First off, I'm not homosexual. It's a quote a friend of mine said in a skype call.

Second, no, I'm not, I just find e-dating to be completely pointless.

Third, the fact that you contradicted yourself with what I bolded highlights my point. Yes, people can lie in real life or behind a computer, but there are so many things they can lie about contrary to having a face to face conversation with someone. It's a lot harder to read emotions, interpret thoughts, etc with mere text, hell even facial expressions are a huge factor.
If you want reasons as to why people lie, I suggest talking to people like BLINGAS ♥ and Dice who have actually pretended to be women for extended peroids of time on the internet (and were very successful into tricking people). Reverse image searching only goes so far.
I'd suggest looking up what a contradiction means. I picked up your argument merely as a rhetorical question and then proceeded to answer it first by raising the obvious point and then arguing against it. I actually got worried when you said there was a contradiction and I thought I must've made a mistake, but I read the bolded sentence and I scrutinized it under every logical system I knew. It isn't a Formal contradiction, it isn't a syntactic or semiotic contradiction and it sure as hell isn't a deontic one.

One contradiction I would like to bring up, however, is in your denial of my claim that you're "bitter" on being betrayed and/or lied to. You straight up deny that and then, towards the end of your post bring up alleged Smogon impostor females who you've presumably been tricked by. Isn't that grounds enough for bitterness, Mike, especially given that you're supposedly not homosexual? I can imagine it now -- you boldly declare your love to BLINGAS or Dice and then they spurn you with no explanation. Oh man! You're angry! What was wrong with you? You obviously think you're handsome and intelligent, so why would two online girls, not one but TWO ONLINE GIRLS reject you? See, and then you realize they're guys. You smirk - "hah! why would any girl reject me!? It's obviously because they're guys, and I'm obviously not gay. No really, I don't like guys. I don't!. Anger quickly turns to bitterness and to counter that bitterness you come here and try to argue your cynicism into hopefuls who may very well end up with a functional relationship.

If you don't see the point in e-dating, then more power to you. But for those of us who have found something special, don't sully it with your quasi-bitter "i know more about relationships than you kiddo" spiel. It's frankly quite embarrassing.

One contradiction I would like to bring up, however, is in your denial of my claim that you're "bitter" on being betrayed and/or lied to. You straight up deny that and then, towards the end of your post bring up alleged Smogon impostor females who you've presumably been tricked by. Isn't that grounds enough for bitterness, Mike, especially given that you're supposedly not homosexual? I can imagine it now -- you boldly declare your love to BLINGAS or Dice and then they spurn you with no explanation. Oh man! You're angry! What was wrong with you? You obviously think you're handsome and intelligent, so why would two online girls, not one but TWO ONLINE GIRLS reject you? See, and then you realize they're guys. You smirk - "hah! why would any girl reject me!? It's obviously because they're guys, and I'm obviously not gay. No really, I don't like guys. I don't!. Anger quickly turns to bitterness and to counter that bitterness you come here and try to argue your cynicism into hopefuls who may very well end up with a functional relationship.

If you don't see the point in e-dating, then more power to you. But for those of us who have found something special, don't sully it with your quasi-bitter "i know more about relationships than you kiddo" spiel. It's frankly quite embarrassing.
Actually, I was referring to my dear friends Bloo and BKC who were tricked by said users. I always tell people Smogon's golden rule: Assume male until skype call.

Nice try trying to be a shitty troll though, enjoy raiding with your "female" partner while working out your right hand!

Cumquat

Banned deucer.
Actually, I was referring to my dear friends Bloo and BKC who were tricked by said users. I always tell people Smogon's golden rule: Assume male until skype call.

Nice try trying to be a shitty troll though, enjoy raiding with your "female" partner while working out your right hand!
I'm actually skyping with my "female" partner right now, son, and we're laughing at your posts. Enjoy calling other people "shitty trolls" when they point out your flimsy insecurity-fuelled arguments and you spreading your self-avowed, self-aggrandizing "golden rules" of Smogon. "Working out my right hand"? Is that supposed to be some oblique reference to masturbation? How juvenile. Please stop quoting my posts now, both you and your buddies from whatever IRC you saw it fit to call backup from. It's annoying, and quite pathetic on your part. For somebody who's supposedly so mature and knows the enlightened truths of human relationships you sure aren't self-aware enough to know when you're being relevant and when you're being an obnoxious prick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)