Reliablemons

Weavile can Fake Out Ghost Types for Super Effective damage, and Ice Type Knock off sounds scary as all hell.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Taunt

Last edited:
Gliscor should now be capable of poisoning Steel Types.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect
Steel types are intrinsically immune to poisoning(hence why twineedle can't poison them)

Is anyone implementing this?
If not,
config/formats.js
Code:
{
        name: "Reliablemons",
        section: "Other Metagames",

ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview'],
        banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite'],
        onModifyMove: function(move, pokemon) {
            var moves = pokemon.moves;
            if (move.id === moves[0]) {
                var cheese = 0;
                var crackers = true;
            } else if (move.id === moves[1] && pokemon.typesData[1]) {
                var cheese = 1;
                var crackers = true;
            } else {
                var crackers = false;
            }
            if (crackers) {
                move.type = pokemon.typesData[cheese].type;
            }
        }
    },
yes, I was eating cheese while implementing this

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Is anyone implementing this?
If not,
config/formats.js
Code:
{
            var cheese = false;
            if (move.id === moves[0]) cheese = 0;
            if (move.id === moves[1]) cheese = 1;
            if (cheese !== false && pokemon.typesData[cheese].type) {
                var potato = pokemon.typesData[cheese].type;
                move.type = potato;
            }
        }
    }
yes, I was eating cheese while implementing this
This code crashed when I attempted to use Fire Blast with a Koffing when Fire Blast was in the second moveslot. Give me a bit to refine it such that it works properly.

Wow Aerilate works? if I put in first slot Double Edge on a M-Pinsir it will turns in a Bug type or Flying?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
config/formats.js
Code:
    {

var cheese = 0;
                var crackers = true;
                var cheese = 1;
                var crackers = true;
            } else {
                var crackers = false;
            }
            if (crackers) {
            }
        }
    },
00001111a, there was just one problem, that if there isn't a second type the thing would crash, so we needed to check if that branch even existed! Otherwise, your code was perfectly fine (but I modified it more anyways :P). Also I got rid of potato and changed it to crackers because cheese and crackers are way too good of a combination to pass up.

Code:
    {

var cheese = 0;
                var crackers = true;
                var cheese = 1;
                var crackers = true;
            } else {
                var crackers = false;
            }
            if (crackers) {
            }
        }
    },
00001111a, there was just one problem, that if there isn't a second type the thing would crash, so we needed to check if that branch even existed! Otherwise, your code was perfectly fine (but I modified it more anyways :P). Also I got rid of potato and changed it to crackers because cheese and crackers are way too good of a combination to pass up.
Thanks for modifying the code, I was gonna do it when I realized I was wrong but thanks.
Also can we pls suspect Kyu-B, 102 BP Ice-type Return is stronger than a Draco from Kyu-White

Wow Aerilate works? if I put in first slot Double Edge on a M-Pinsir it will turns in a Bug type or Flying?
You'd have to put double edge on either the third or fourth slot to get the aerilate boost, as putting it in the first slot would make it bug type, and putting it in the second slot would make it just a regular flying type move without the 30% boost that Aerilate gives.
config/formats.js
Code:
    {

var cheese = 0;
                var crackers = true;
                var cheese = 1;
                var crackers = true;
            } else {
                var crackers = false;
            }
            if (crackers) {
            }
        }
    },
Thank you very much! Would any server be interested in hosting this OM?

Thanks for modifying the code, I was gonna do it when I realized I was wrong but thanks.
Also can we pls suspect Kyu-B, 102 BP Ice-type Return is stronger than a Draco from Kyu-White
Yeah, Kyu-B should probably be suspected now that it has a strong physical ice STAB in addition to better coverage and options overall.

Some scary things include...

-Victini's V-Create can be Fire as usual -or Psychic, surprise!

-Flying type Boomburst from Noivern and Chatot.

-Explosion can be super effective.

-Hyper Beam and Giga Impact can randomly show up as any type -yeah, recharge moves are still crappy, but that's still nasty.

-Rock Head Double Edge that's worth bothering with.

-Last Resort in a ton of typings.

-Power Herb Skull Bash is a 130 BP attack that raises Defense -and now you'll get STAB and potentially be super effective.

-Solar Beam can be used as normal -or used as a spammable 120 BP Special move of your own type so long as its sunny.

-Superpower can be used as a Choice Banded STAB-boosted murder machine effect by various Pokemon.

-Close Combat can be used to provide a powerful general purpose STAB on the few non-Fighting types that get it. Xerneas gets it!

-Seed Flare can be Flying typed if Shaymin-Sky wants.

-Blizzard is a spammable any-type-you-want move for Hail teams. Imagine Magic Guard Clefable replacing Moon Blast with Fairy Blizzard!

-Weather Ball still doubles in power but is now the user's type if you want. Mostly notable for the Sandstorm variant: Hail would rather use Blizzard for more power, Rain and Sun would rather use the weather boost.

Maybe more later.

Interestingly the only way you can poison a steel type is in gen 2 with twineedle. :]
My recollection was Gen IV, not Gen III, added innate Steel-type immunity to Poisoning. Or maybe even Gen V, but I'm pretty sure it was IV.

And hooray servers! Neither of which works for this for me yet, oh well. Maybe later.

BellyJet Azumarill seems pretty good in this. Fairy type Aqua Jet has few resists and hits a lot of big threats super effectively (Dragonite, Noivern, Zygarde, Weavile, Medicham, Kyurem-Black).

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration (or Knock Off once ORAS move tutors are legal)
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Superpower

Kyu-B and Noivern seem great for this meta. If Genesect is legal, STAB techno blast is gonna hurt too. VoltTurn seems great, those ground types won't be forcing momentum loss.

canno

formerly The Reptile
ORAS is right around the corner, so lets talk Mega Beedrill

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off / U-Turn
- Double-Edge / Return
- Drill Run / U-Turn
- Protect

Look mah, I have good STABs now! STAB Koff solves the debate on Koff vs Drill Run - just run both! Meanwhile you save your power STAB for Poison - Double Edge hits extremely hard. However, if you don't like recoil you can always just run Return, sitting at a good 102 BP. Drill Run is for Steel- and Fire-types (so Heatran). Protect is mandatory. U-Turn can be slashed anywhere except for Poison because Steel-types are going to be switching into you and having them be immune to your U-Turn is no good. You could also slash Facade in there somewhere in case you get burned, although its pretty weak before.

Oh man. Oh man.

Camomons Mega Beedrill. That's what I just realized is a meta Mega Beedrill can be good in. Oh wow.

In Reliablemons it's... well, it's sort of less crappy than in normal play? But honestly Bug/Poison is so awful an offensive synergy (It's kind of OK as a defensive typing) that Mega Beedrill's biggest problem is overcoming the fact that it's STABs are bad and worse together and it's got Adaptability. I don't think it'll really be at all notable in Reliablemons -and in fact I'd sooner put Protect in the second slot so I can run the usual Knock Off/Bulldoze side attacks without either of them being type-changed and thus losing a good chunk of their value.

But man I should totally post in Camomons. Or post in the ORAS thread about Camomons.

Unfortunately there aren't many technician users who get a ton of benefit here. Hitmontop already gets CC and Mach Punch so his only gain is STAB Rapid Spin (lol), Roserade already has 60/90 BP moves, Breloom already gets STAB Mach Punch, PuP, and Bullet Seed, and Ambipom and Cinccino get Return.

Not sure if CB will really be better than Mega in this meta since there will be a lot of knock off spam but CB Scizor feels like it gains a lot more.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit/Acrobatics
- Acrobatics/Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn/Bullet Punch/Knock Off

My personal favourite

Mr. Mime @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Charge Beam
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Ground]

More Mr. Meme

Mr. Mime @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psyshock/Psychic
- Magical Leaf
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt/Encore/Shadow Ball

Last edited:
Unfortunately there aren't many technician users who get a ton of benefit here. Hitmontop already gets CC and Mach Punch so his only gain is STAB Rapid Spin (lol), Roserade already has 60/90 BP moves, Breloom already gets STAB Mach Punch, PuP, and Bullet Seed, and Ambipom and Cinccino get Return.

Not sure if CB will really be better than Mega in this meta since there will be a lot of knock off spam but CB Scizor feels like it gains a lot more.

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit/Acrobatics
- Acrobatics/Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn/Bullet Punch/Knock Off

My personal favourite

Mr. Mime @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Charge Beam
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Ground]

More Mr. Meme

Mr. Mime @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psyshock/Psychic
- Magical Leaf
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt/Encore/Shadow Ball
Why Acrobatics and not Aerial Ace on Scizor? Tech Acrobatics is 82.5 base power, while Tech Aerial Ace hits the max of 90. Unless you really want that base power increase when you get hit with Knock Off?

Why Acrobatics and not Aerial Ace on Scizor? Tech Acrobatics is 82.5 base power, while Tech Aerial Ace hits the max of 90. Unless you really want that base power increase when you get hit with Knock Off?
I originally had Aerial Ace and switched it to Acro because as you can see from the thread people will be running STAB Knock Off on everything that can learn it. I probably should have slashed it as an option instead of Pursuit.

Oh and for the record here's all the pokemon that can STAB Knock Off now.

Accelgor
Alakazam
Alomomola
Ambipom
Archeops
Armaldo

Audino
Azelf
Azumarill
Banette
Beedrill
Blaziken
Carnivine
Carracosta

Chimecho
Cinccino
Clefable
Cofagrigus
Conkeldurr
Cryogonal
Deoxys
Diggersby
Dodrio
Donphan
Drifblim
Eelektross
Emolga
Empoleon
Escavalier

Farfetch'd
Ferrothorn
Gallade
Gengar
Gliscor
Hariyama
Heatmor
Heracross

Hitmonlee
Kabutops
Kecleon
Kingler
Kricketune
Landorus

Leafeon
Leavanny
Ledian
Lickilicky
Ludicolo
Machamp
Mamoswine
Manaphy
Maractus
Marowak
Mawile
Meloetta
Mesprit
Mew
Mienshao
Omastar
Parasect

Pelipper
Persian
Phione
Pikachu
Pinsir
Purugly
Raichu
Regigigas
Reuniclus
Samurott
Sandslash
Sawk
Scizor

Seaking
Seismitoad
Serperior
Seviper
Shuckle
Simipour
Simisage
Simisear
Smeargle
Swoobat
Tangrowth
Tentacruel
Throh
Thundurus
Tornadus
Toxicroak
Uxie
Venusaur
Victreebel

Watchog
Whimsicott
Wigglytuff
Zangoose

Fighting types that don't get Close Combat are rejoicing but nothing really becomes out of control with this since all of these pokemon also have access to Return. Landorus is probably the biggest pokemon that will be problematic. Gliscor with Flying-type Knock Off will also be very happy.

Random thing I want to point out is that, depending on exact mechanics, anything can get the same-type accuracy boost on Toxic. Chansey can it in its first slot to have a perfect-accuracy Toxic that hits even through moves with a semi-invulnerable turn! And suddenly it turns out, Gliscor's Flying Toxic actually does have a benefit.

Not how Showdown is coded, dunno for actual carts, but Showdown just says "if Pokemon is Poison type->Accuracy=True", basically. So unless someone hacks a cart and proves cart behavior is "Flying types using Flying Toxic get the auto-hit effect" then no, Toxic's type being changed is irrelevant outside of Conversion, Protean, etc.

Not how Showdown is coded, dunno for actual carts, but Showdown just says "if Pokemon is Poison type->Accuracy=True", basically. So unless someone hacks a cart and proves cart behavior is "Flying types using Flying Toxic get the auto-hit effect" then no, Toxic's type being changed is irrelevant outside of Conversion, Protean, etc.
That'd take some serious hacking to actually test….

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have to do dis for my bro lucario:

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Crunch

Earthquake is used to fool opponents as it is a common coverage for lucario, and it is a 100BP STAB move with no drawbacks. Steel espeed is self-explanatory as it is a powerful STAB priority move. SD boosts lucario's attack to insane levels that allow him to sweep teams. Crunch rounds off the set by having perfect neutral coverage on every Pokemon in the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)