1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Remind me why Wobbuffet's banned again?

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Jumpman16, Aug 30, 2005.

?

Should Wobbuffet stay banned?

1. Yeah, fuck that shit.

91.6%
  2. No, what's the big deal?

8.4%
  1. Luck

Luck

Making wobbufett switch out is not a counter,but people main arguement for wobbufett being broken is not being able to switch out,and Good percentage of pokemon make wobbufett switch so the trap is basically usless.Yes you can get some free hitless switch in with wobbufett on your team, but that is pokemon,the question is can i get my poke take as little damage as a possible on switch in and make you switchout that poke and switch in a poke that has to take some damage too.

Also i was wrong about roar to a extent.Roar goes last,so encore goes before and use the last move.So if skarm use drill peck,and wobby switch in on the drill peck,then skarmory use roar and wobby use encore,since roar has not happen,encore uses last move which was drill peck.Werid stupid R/S roaring.They are still some scenarios where you roar wobby out,you can't call psuedo hazing counter for wobby.

Imo the best way of dealing with wobbufett,is similar dealing with blissey,if you can't trap it,Then take out all other pokes or important poke.In most case i don't care if can't take out blissey right away but if i can take out your skarmory,fortress,suicune then blissey fall because it has no wall to hide behind.The same thing with wobbufett don't worry about killing it early,all you need is get rid of poke that is threat stop to your sweep.If i have a gyrados,I am going to try to put the biggest dents on skamory, and zapdos,once those pokes are the out of the way it is clear sailing.Like Blissey the more pokemon you beat its team the more useless it becomes.
  2. Fox

Fox

I don't like that he eliminates all walls from the game and gives [pokemon] both a free switch in and a free move. Who says you even have to use Wobbuffet? He does his job just being available, I don't want to have to choose between dieing to Wobbuffet or dieing to Heracross.
  3. Raikage

Raikage

uh. I thoguht the ENTIRE POINT of using wobby was to encore something, switch out, and get a free move.
  4. Doomsday

Doomsday
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

no, normally it would encore then counter/mirror coat if it's a damaging attack, but most people don't fall so easily now, they prefer to use CMind, LSeed, etc.
  5. Infinitium

Infinitium

I like the part when you switch out to a physical sweeper after the initial calm mind. Also stuff like venosaur (out of the top of my head) laughs at LS/Toxic.
  6. Kordaihn

Kordaihn

yeah good luck avoiding that shadow tag
  7. Fox

Fox

reread his post kordaihn
  8. ABC-Trainer

ABC-Trainer

He needs to do that often :-o
  9. The Over Used

The Over Used

i use it to recordwhore :lol: :troll: :troll2:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)