Remoraid Mafia - Haters, Yeti, and Coronis Win!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
No he wasnt, I talked with Bunnymaster, who then spoke with Dubulous informing him of everything, not even mentioning I barely had to explain things to him, he had a good lead of who was who (except he thought Eo was clean), but still, do you lack common sense or are you that bad in mafia, because its plain fucking logic to lynch a confirmed mafia instead of a neutral that is helping you and will win with you.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
WHAT INFORMATION FFS

You needed no information, you just needed to stop trying to be a completely clueless guy by helping Eo and listen to Dubulous who was your GOD DAMN TWIN, also I have now recognized you lack any little bit of common sense.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If he had a negative vote he should've voted for Amake but I doubt it would've mattered.

Well it's fortunate the Haters never killed Kinneas then lol.
Foolish rey thought he could get a mafia to kill Kinneas.. too bad that would've screwed the Lovers even more and the Haters weren't dumb enough to risk it.

reyscarface

World Defender
Foolish rey thought he could get a mafia to kill Kinneas.. too bad that would've screwed the Lovers even more and the Haters weren't dumb enough to risk it.
That was a joke, we had it won until Agape trusted Eo and changed the actions I told him to do.

By the way, I was the one who found out Eo was mafia not Agape <_<

Fun, Agape just told me the priorities in this game were coin flips, how excellent.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Remoraid Mafia Postgame

"Haters gonna hate!"
To jump straight into the cliché, Remoraid Mafia really was a rollercoaster ride for me watching and I hoped for you people playing the game! I seem to be rey’s #1 enemy now though ;-; anyway in this hopefully adequate postgame we’ll take a look at all of the roles and how they performed, and then what happened each day or night. Enjoy :D

Let’s start with the winners, the Haters!
Dear Eo Ut Mortus, you are Octillery.

You are famed as one of the best Baton Pass receivers in the entire competitive metagame and have a really gnarly movepool to boot – so why do people choose your pre-evolution over you (let’s pretend that they do for the purposes of this game)? Turns out that you’re outsped and OHKO’d by a Hustle Seed Bomb – or at least that’s what these stupid trainers say. You’ll show them!

Being a useless, err I mean fantastic, Octupus you have no night actions. However, after years of shooting ink you have perfected your abilities of disguise and espionage (pretty cool for a squid huh?). At night, if inspected, you will show up as the following:
Dear Eo Ut Mortus, you are Mudkip.

You still aren’t quite sure what happened; one day you were sitting comfortably inside your Pokeball that was open just a tiny bit so that you could see that professor guy get beaten up by a little puppy and then suddenly some retard grabbed you and started asking random people whether they ‘lieked’ you or not, which was inevitably followed by ‘lulz’. Since then you have become something funny for noobs, and a horror for anyone with a brain. You have no idea how this happened though.

At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – Asking <user> if he liekz Mudkipz”. <user> will be so distracted flaming you that they will be incapable of performing any night actions.

You are allied with The Clueless.

You win if The Clueless eliminate all threats.
On even nights, the Remoraid Haters must decide who to kill with their Anti-Remoraid Knickers (A.R.K.). After discussion with other members of your faction, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – Use A.R.K. on <user>”. <user> will be killed. Be warned – this can be blocked by bodyguards. This stacks with your usual night action. Every member of your faction must send a PM, and they must all agree.

You are allied with the Remoraid Haters.

You win if Remoraid dies and the Remoraid Haters eliminate all threats.

Spare me the bitter hindsight of including such a role in the game – I’ve already had about as much as I can stand xD Really, as you’ll see as the roles unfold, I based the role formats on Star Wars Mafia II (since it’s my most memorable basic mafia experience [MGS isn’t basic :P]) and I was the mole in that game. I wasn’t inspected once and was killed by the opposing mafia, I wouldn’t call that broken. However, Eo did manage to land himself an inspection from Finnragetti as early as Night 0 allowing him to completely usurp the village and dominate the game for the Haters. Eo proved to be a great leader for the Haters, not just because he had direct access to day-killing but because of his strong leading demeanour too. Eo was chosen for this role simply because of my experiences in SWM – I was on a team with Thorns who was inspected N0 simply because he was a “big name”, so why not make a big name a mole? Well, this is why :P

Dear Dogfish44, you are Joel.

You thought Remoraid was amusing at first, even cool that Alchemator was managing to kill a few things with it. Then he started posting damage calculations – it could OHKO Swampert, Tyranitar, Skarmory, Forretress…

THIS IS NOT RIGHT!

You were scared, and decided to eliminate this problematic fish once and for all. You have decided to put your hOps on #stark to good use, swiftly ending any Remoraid discussion that happens to crop up.

At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – Kick <user> from IRC”. This user will be brutally kicked from IRC, ending their attempts to post Remoraid damage calculations, start random Remoraid discussions or fulfil other inferior night actions. For purposes of amusement, you may also include a reason for the kick – simply state “Reason: [insert reason here]” in the main body of the PM. This will be PM’d to <user> by morning.

You are also holding the Espeon Plushie, this means that your vote will count for a negative amount during a lynch. However, other users will not know the attributes of the Espeon Plushie.

If Remoraid dies, your powers will surely be boosted.

On even nights, the Remoraid Haters must decide who to kill with their Anti-Remoraid Knickers (A.R.K.). After discussion with other members of your faction, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – Use A.R.K. on <user>”. <user> will be killed. Be warned – this can be blocked by bodyguards. This stacks with your usual night action. Every member of your faction must send a PM, and they must all agree.

Haha Joel was one of the first roles, if not THE first role as I wasn’t even sure to include Remoraid, that I came up with for Remoraid Mafia. A relatively standard Hooker, the Espeon Plushie actually proved very helpful for the Haters in transferring it to Bunnymaster, who never failed to vote against them. I chose Dogfish44 for this role because he pressured me into making him a Mafioso, but he performed pretty well (he won after all!). He also set up a team channel really quite swiftly, which I believe was the key to success in this mafia (as it is in many mafias). Dogfish gained a one-time Hook + Silence [Kickban] when Remoraid died. They all complained about how weak this was, but I think the general strength of the roles offset this.

Dear Nachos, you are Jibaku.

You never really liked that damned fish, especially when the uber calcs started coming around – OHKOing Kyogre after Stealth Rock? That can’t be right! Thus, you decided to start up the Remoraid Haters with an unsurprisingly large pool of people to choose from. No doubt your superior uber battling skills and IRC powers will aid you in this conquest to destroy… a fish.

At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – ban <user> from talking about Remoraid”. <user> will be so cut up at not being able to talk about the world’s greatest fish that they won’t be able to post anything in the thread the following morning. For purposes of amusement, you may also include a reason for the ban – simply state “Reason: [insert reason here]” in the main body of the PM. This will be PM’d to <user> by morning.

The phantom silencer was actually Nachos, Jibaku! Jibaku was also one of the first roles I came up with, but I couldn’t really find much flavour other than him constantly banning Remoraid. Nachos was mainly just following orders throughout the game, though he must be given credit for being almost constantly active on the mafia channel and performing a cool trick to get Kinneas to switch his vote at one [crucial] point in the game. The reasons were purely for humour purposes, though both Dogfish44 and Nachos did fall down in that respect as the game went on :P

Dear Team Aether, you are Ursaring.

What gets better than a badass bear? A really badass bear! You were wandering around your forest looking for honey and other stuff that bears eat when you came across a sparkling river, filled only with lemonade. Then, from nowhere, a fish poked its head out of the water and squirted you in the face. Enraged, you swiped down at it. However, you’re a pretty slow old chap, so you missed and the fish swam swiftly away down the river. Then two odd men who later claimed to come from the land of ‘Smogon’ jumped out of the trees with shotguns and shouted at the fish. They sized you up, and decided that you would be a good addition to their team against the fish. You were somewhat confused as to why they would want to blow a fish to smithereens, but each to their own.

Your adept sense of smell will be your key weapon in this game. At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – Smelling <user>”. By morning you will have found out <user>’s role name and allegiance.

Being a big scary bear you may also, during the day, PM Alchemator and Macle with “Day X – using Roar”. Everyone will be so scared by your roar that the lynch attempt will be nullified. This is a one time use ability.

Ursaring is quite an odd role to choose for an inspector, but I felt that the Haters needed a bit of brawn so here it is! I also wanted a lynch cancellation to correspond with the ‘trump cards’ of the other factions and a giant bear seemed suited for this job. Team Aether, like Nachos, mainly followed orders throughout the game but wasn’t too active in the channel. He did, however, manage to get all of his PMs in on time without fail and proved a useful team member. I chose Team Aether for this role because I was pretty impressed with his performance in Star Wars Mafia and wanted to see what he could do with a better role!

Now for the Remoraid Lovers – of the two mafias, the Remoraid Haters and Lovers were aggressive and supportive respectively. Due to this, you could say that the Lovers were the weaker mafia, but they were supposed to side with Remoraid relatively early and get more power lynch-wise that way. Unfortunately, the Lovers never did make a channel and had slightly sub par organisation as far as I know. However, they did remain undetected until RBG misplaced his trust.

Dear Exarius, you are Alchemator

<Alchemator> It’s…. ALIVE!
<Toaster> It was alive anyway?

You are the most amazing person in history, having discovered the bucketload of potential that is Remoraid you proceeded to gain approximately two kills per match with paralysis support – annoying random shoddy battlers everywhere. You’ve even started your own spriting project about Remoraid – maybe the obsession has gone slightly over the edge now! The original Remoraid Lover, you just had to make a stand when those Remoraid Haters came around and insulted the fish that everybody should love and have assembled a gang that the world should fear!

As the greatest feature of your megalomaniacal mind is your ability to find potential in anything, you may PM Alchemator [oh the irony] and Macle with “Night X – Discovering gimmicky potential in <user>”. By morning you will have discovered <user>’s complete role PM.

On odd nights, the Remoraid Lovers must decide who to kill with their Pro-Remoraid Orange (P.R.O.). After discussion with other members of your faction, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – Use P.R.O. on <user>”. <user> will be killed. Be warned – this can be blocked by bodyguards. This stacks with your usual night action. Every member of your faction must send a PM, and they must all agree.

You are allied with the Remoraid Lovers.

You win if the Remoraid Lovers eliminate all threats.

The Remoraid Lovers without me? This is kind of a lose-lose situation – I’ll be flamed for bragging because I included myself, but if I didn’t people would have noted it as odd :P Anyway, due to the supportive nature of the Lovers, Exarius had the strongest inspection in the game – gaining the entire role PM of the target. However, Exarius was quite unlucky with his targets, and was either hooked or his target was safeguarded. He did, however, confirm Dogfish44 as mafia before dying. Exarius also pestered me to make him a Mafioso >_> I’m far too easily persuaded.

Dear RBG, you are Mantyke.

Awww… you’re so cute and squishy and cuddly and horribly fickle and mean and jealous. Though you do love Remoraid, you hate everything else because they’re taking away your attention. Who would have thought that a smiley baby manta ray could possibly be ignored? It just makes you SO ANGRY! However, you have a cunning plan that is bound to get you some attention… yes… lovely attention… You’ll be featured on the cover of those women’s magazines and go on daytime television and win awards and… attention…

Erhem, at night you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – using Aqua Ring on <user>”. <user> will be protected from any attempt on their life that night.

You know that Remoraid exists in this game and, due to your symbiotic relationship and unique evolution method, if targeted with a special ability your capabilities will most definitely be boosted.

On odd nights, the Remoraid Lovers must decide who to kill with their Pro-Remoraid Orange (P.R.O.). After discussion with other members of your faction, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – Use P.R.O. on <user>”. <user> will be killed. Be warned – this can be blocked by bodyguards. This stacks with your usual night action. Every member of your faction must send a PM, and they must all agree.

Last night you were targeted by Remoraid’s Water Pulse and as such you have evolved into Mantine!

You are now a lovely, huggable, sadistic fish! Congratulations! Also, your powers have been boosted.

At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – using Whirlpool on <user>”. <user> will be kidnapped and will, as such, not be able to post in the thread, be lynched or be targeted with any night actions. <user> will be held for two day/night cycles. If you die while using Whirlpool on <user>, <user> will be released.

Your win condition remains the same.
Go psychopathic manta ray child! Mantyke was another almost obligatory role to include for the Remoraid Lovers, and it seems that Eo picked up on this – brainstorming roles of the Remoraid Lovers in some log and guessing correctly that Mantyke was one of them! RBG was supposed to be the bridge between the lovers and Remoraid due to that Remoraid could basically go around looking for a “Friendly Mantyke” without arousing too much suspicion. Otherwise RBG was a relatively standard bodyguard, who became a kidnapper after being targeted by Remoraid’s Water Pulse. RBG had the Fish Tank (more on that later) passed to him and used it to great effect [though I’m not sure how much thought was put into it] on Night 2, saving Remoraid from death and a lot of his team from being hooked or inspected.
Dear hailflameblast, you are Toaster.

Well, you kind of think Remoraid is cool but really you’re just part of the Remoraid Lovers because Alchemator needed another Smogon user and no-one else in their right mind would go near that weird fish. Nevertheless, you’re determined to reach any goal that is set for you and you will be using the best of your abilities to make sure that the Remoraid Lovers succeed in their endeavours.

A long time ago, in an IRC channel far, far away (by the name of #stark) you once did damage calculations with Alchemator to discover the true potential of Remoraid. Adept with the Smogon damage calc (though that isn’t hard, with its intuitive interface and accurate outputs) you will be using it to distract users in this game.

At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – Showing damage calculations of Remoraid to <user>”. <user> will be so astounded/vehemently flaming you that they will be unable to complete the night action that they set out to complete that night.

You are also in possession of a tank! Pity it’s a Fish Tank =( Nevertheless, it is a Remoraid Fish Tank and thus holds powers beyond human comprehension! At night, when not using any other night action, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – Jumping into Fish Tank and having a disco party! Woop!”. Your entire faction and Remoraid will jump into the Fish Tank and dance the night away, thus being unaffected by any night action that was to befall you that night. This is a one time use item.

I was actually struggling to find another role for a Remoraid Lover at this point, so I chose Toaster because he doesn’t *hate* Remoraid ;D A relatively standard hooker like Dogfish44, but again came with an item. I originally stole developed this idea from seeing Rayquaza’s one-time global bpv in Pokemafia. After brainstorming some stuff with Earthworm (who has been so helpful throughout this, thanks so much) I thought it quite funny that I could say “You are also in possession of a tank! Too bad it’s a fish tank!” and it had some pretty gnarly flavour to boot. The Fish Tank was actually quite useful this game, angering the Haters to no end (I’m sure we can get a log on that xD)

Dear Unclesam, you are Chimecho.

When Alchemator started recruiting for the Remoraid Lovers, simply because you love that fish! It’s all squidgy and squishy and huggable and snuggable and smiley and awww… Anyway, your Psychic powers and array of support moves will be your greatest weapon in this game.

At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – using Safeguard on <user>”. All night actions other than killing will fail to have any effect on <user> for the entire night. You cannot use Safeguard on yourself.

As you absolutely adore Remoraid beyond anything reasonable, you will even give your life so it may live – or part of it at least. At night, when you aren’t using any other night actions, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – using Healing Wish on <user>”. <user> will be revived, but will become a part of you – I.E. if you die, <user> also dies and vice versa. However, you will be unable to vote in a lynch after using this ability.

Ah the role that gave me so much amusement on Night 0 – so many targeting Thorns and all being stopped by this Safeguard. Unclesam did relatively well in his time on Earth, though I’m slightly sad that the revive was never used. He did give me one of the biggest laughs in the game when he received a Remoraid Note though – he completely panicked xD I really don’t know why I deleted those PMs! Unclesam was unfortunately the first victim of RBG’s slightly loose tongue, which eventually led to the demise of the lovers (ironically with RBG being the last to die).

The Clueless certainly lived up to their name in this mafia – designed to be the epitome of an uninformed majority, and with some wacky roles to boot it was certainly a fun faction to design. For a while (a while of Night 0 that is) there was no clear leadership for the village before Thorns stepped up. Somehow, however, by Day 1 Reyscarface and Eo Ut Mortus were in power (?). The village actually had a chance of winning even at Day 5, but a crucial mislynch cost them the game.
Dear reyscarface, you

WOBBUFFET!

Ok that pretty much explains it. In the anime you are possibly the most clueless Pokemon, annoying Team Rocket and randomly appearing just to shout your name. On the competitive scene, you aren’t much better. You manage to beat dragons, huge flying fish, volcanic smelting accidents and bugs coated in metal tier-wise, simply due to your ability to play tag – all this while being completely clueless.

You have a massive movepool of eight moves, the most effective of which you will be using for the best intentions in this game. During the day, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Day X – using Encore.”. There will be two lynches in a row on this day (you love the sight of blood evidently). This is a one time use ability.

The village’s “trump card” as it were to the Haters’ Roar and the Lovers’ Fish Tank, this ability was extremely ill-used but it did let rey prove himself and become a good candidate for leading the village – and that he did until Eo convinced the vigilantes to kill him. Rey then proceeded to rage :P

Dear kharozz, you are… wait, who are you again?

You’re an exceptionally dim-witted duck, but everybody loves you for your squishy-cuteness! Even though you aren’t part Psychic-type, you have been famed in Pokedex entries for your chronic headaches and these terrible afflictions will be your main weapon in this game.

When you are lynched, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Day X – HEADACHE ASPLOSION <user>”. <user> will be immediately killed.

Unfortunately even the crazy mind of Alchemator can run dry of inspiration can run dry sometimes, which was why Kharozz was probably suspected. He didn’t really seem to do much though (yet difficult to gauge because he didn’t have a night action :P) and was killed fairly early. I included a lynchkill simply because I find them rather fun to manipulate (hi hailflameblast).

Dear KnightOfTheWind, you are a Random Shoddy Battler.

Lololol liek mudkipz? You’re one of the many annoying shoddy battlers on, surprisingly, Shoddy Battle who hasn’t made it to Firebot yet – never even mind #Smogon or #Stark! One day you were going about your merry business pwning n00bs with your original Schplash Jumpuff when you encountered a user using Remoraid. Then you got swept. Screaming “H4X!” you ragequit and proceeded to post a thread on Smogon, they didn’t bother listening to you and the Remoraid Haters already had an elite squad and wouldn’t let you join. You eventually made it into this mafia, hoping to get rid of that fish once and for all.

You will be using your Shoddy know-how to find that darned fish – you absolutely will find him, even if it drives you crazy! At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X - /record <user>”. You will find out the full role PM of <user> just by looking at their CRE. You will find that fish and murder it until you’re horny! MUHUAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

YES YOU WILL FIND IT, YOU WILL FIND IT AND KILL IT!

More on Day 1 later. I was really testing the water with a paranoid inspector role which I thought I’d shown pretty well to be paranoid without actually implicitly stating it in the PM (“you will will absolutely find him, even if it drives you crazy”) really though, KnightoftheWind was just a vanilla designed to cause chaos and add to the voting power of The Clueless – he would have found anyone whom he targeted as Remoraid, and with the Remoraid Notes circulating this could have caused some major chaos early game. Unfortunately he targeted Thorns Night 0 who was safeguarded, and then was lynched Day 1 
Dear Finnragetti, you are Alphabravo.

Hell yeah Google Images!
As Raverist put it,
Infamous for fucking up what could have been a wonderful mafia game, you are completely clueless how to play the game without ruining it for everyone else. Willing to backstab your allies for the cause of survival, you also possess the innate ability to get infracted for your foolish crimes.
Ever since that terribad time in Smogon User mafia, you have been trying to find out exactly how not to be a retard – and you have succeeded! Well, almost.

At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – Threaten <user> with outing them as wolf”. <user> will be so horrified that Alchemator’s lovely mafia game that he spent a long time thinking of roles and writing role PMs for could be ended in one fell swoop they will tell you their role name and allegiance.

As Alphabravo, you also have a posting restriction. You must include “ARE YOU GUYS FUCKING ID10TS” in every post that you make (formatted in exactly this way). If you do not, you will be godkilled immediately.

One of the first drafted roles for The Clueless, but Alphabravo being an inspector was a last minute change after adding in the Random Shoddy Battler. Finnragetti was one of only two people with a posting restriction (the other being Dubulous) even though Dogfish44 and Reyscarface both faked one (seriously dogfish, I wouldn’t have given anyone such a terrible posting restriction). Finnragetti made a last minute change to inspect Eo Ut Mortus on Night 0, so you could say he’s responsible for the village loss xD More on Day 1 later.
Dear Phantasia, you are Julius Caesar.

One of the most successful Roman emperors of all time, you are remembered for your conquest of Gaul (France) and leading the first invasion of Britain – you even had a play written about you by the greatest playwright ever to walk the Earth, William Shakespeare (Rule Britannia). With command over one of the largest empires ever to span the globe, you will be using the knowledge gained from various countries and your vastly superior army to make sure your faction wins this battle.

At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – Testudo Formation around <user>”. Your Roman legions will march to <user> and form the famous testudo [tortoise] formation, protecting <user> from any attempts on their life that night. However, as you are the great Julius Caesar you have no need of infantry bodyguards, and thus cannot protect yourself.

You also have access to the vast multitude of knowledge gained through the conquest of foreign nations. You know that there are 3 neutrals, two mafias with 4 members each and 12 villagers in this game.

You are also in possession of a King’s Rock, but you do not know what purpose it fulfils.

Every village needs a bodyguard, and I knew that I wanted roles that worked together or due to each other in this mafia – and Phantasia’s role is a good example of both. Firstly, Phantasia was the target of Coronis (couldn’t self-protect for a reason) and was also holding the King’s Rock which made Thorns evolve into Slowking, a mayor. They were actually extremely close to uniting Night 0, but then ceased all contact I believe. Phantasia’s identity was leaked through a log, and that was the end of him at the hands of Coronis (who wasn’t even close to finding him beforehand).
Dear Alakapimp, you are a Rocket Grunt.

One of many under the authority of Giovanni, you are often sent to annoy trainers attempting to rape the boss with a Cyndaquil. Characterised by your stylish black uniform with a funky ‘R’ on the front, you usually carry terribad Pokemon such as Ekans and Rattata, hoping to beat the ‘kid’ protagonist of the main storyline. Though you pledge allegiance to anything the boss says you have to, you never actually know what he’s up to and, as such, can be classified as ‘clueless’.

Being part of a large criminal organisation has honed your pick pocketing and general thieving skills. At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – Stealing from <user>”. If <user> has any items, they will be transferred to you by morning.

A top priority thief in a game full of powerful and abusable items made Alakapimp a force to be reckoned with… that is if he was active. He died early anyway, not much else to say.

Dear Thorns, you are Slowpoke.

If your name and demeanour didn’t already give it away, you’re a very dim-witted Salamander-hippopotamus-thing with little to no intellect. Though it is said that you are a ‘skilled fisherman’ using your sap-secreting tail, you often forget what you are doing and thus are generally useless and clueless.

Due to the fact that it takes a long time for you to feel pain, you are immune to one kill.

You are also in possession of a copy of William Shakespeare’s history play ‘Julius Caesar’. Reading through the book you can see that a man named Brutus assassinates Caesar. This may foretell of a future event.

Village BPV that evolved into Slowking the mayor if given the King’s Rock found on Phantasia. Thorns originally stepped up to lead the village but was immediately displaced by Eo’s “confirmed” cleanliness and Rey’s aggressive leadership tactics and proceeded to watch the game and occasionally make cynical comments :P Thorns was also holding a rather ambiguous item in the copy of Julius Caesar – basically when Coronis targeted Phantasia with his kill Thorns was notified as soon as the PM was sent in. Thorns was notified more than a day before that deadline, but failed to act on it for unknown reasons (or did act on it but to no avail?).
Dear Darkanine, you are Delibird.

Although somewhat useless as a competitive Pokemon (despite what user Theorymon might say), you are a still a very cute little penguin that has been likened to the Pokemon equivalent of Santa Claus in the anime and by Pokemon-fans around the globe. When the world broke into a war over a Johtonian fish, you and Santa Claus teamed up and have decided to work with The Clueless.

Due to your close working relationship with Santa Claus, you know that he is Dubulous.

On odd nights, after discussion with Santa Claus, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – using explosive Present on <user>”. Both your vote and Santa Claus’ vote must agree. If they do, <user> will be killed. However, if Santa Claus dies your powers will be nullified.

I quite liked the idea of a vigilante pair, so decided to include one – but after discussion on balance changed it so that they could only kill on odd nights. Unfortunately it seems that vigilantes are always destined to be manipulated (hi Agape) and Darkanine/Wickdaggler was a devoted follower of Eo right until the end – the vigilantes never failed to target a villager throughout the game :P it is commendable that Darkanine stayed in touch with me throughout the game, allowing me to get great insight into the state of the vigilantes.
Dear Dubulous, you are Santa Claus.

Both in the Pokemon anime and in the real world, you travel all around the globe on one night every year to deliver presents to children who have been good – but not before checking your list (twice)! When the world broke into a war over a Johtonian fish, you and Delibird teamed up and have decided to work with The Clueless.

Due to your close working relationship with Delibird, you know that it is Darkanine.

On odd nights, after discussion with Santa Claus, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – using explosive Present on <user>”. Both your vote and Delibird’s vote must agree. If they do, <user> will be killed. However, if Delibird dies your powers will be nullified.

As Santa Claus, you must include “HO HO HO!” in every post in the thread. If you do not you will be godkilled immediately.

Well it is a vigilante pair so who better to complete the duo than Santa Claus himself? Dubulous was the more doubtful of the pair in regards to Eo, but still obeyed his orders (the vigilantes voting for opposite people and thus getting no kill is worse than a kill ordered by Eo… right?). Dubulous did, however, manage to mask his posting restriction (which was a very last minute addition) very well.

Dear Kinneas, you are Padme Amidala.

The secret wife of the jedi-turned-sith-lord Anakin Skywalker, you are apparently a very caring and sweet person (well, that’s what Wikipedia says anyways). Beginning as the queen of the forest planet Naboo, you later came to the Galactic Senate to seek assistance repelling the Trade Federation invasion. After the Trade Federation was destroyed through the help of the Gungan army and Anakin Skywalker, you came back to Coruscant and are now a major force within the Senate.

As you are good at projecting your views, you may – at night – PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – Proposing idea within the Senate”. The text that you include within the main body of the PM will be contained within the morning update.

Paha, the only real purpose of this role in the game was to serve as Yeti’s lynchpin but Kinneas pulled off the announcements with aplomb as the Great Orator Guy (I haven’t ever seen a better announcer lol). He never failed to come up with amusing messages to post that made me actually laugh IRL, major props to him :P more on how he affected Yeti in her analysis.

Dear Bunnymaster, you are Derek Acorah.

You are the world-renowned medium from Liverpool, famous for your appearances in hit shows such as Most Haunted and other rubbish television programmes in which the producer needed a madman who thinks he can talk to the dead. Guided by you spirit-guide, “Sam”, you believe that there is ‘no such thing as death’. Apparently you have seen your father talk to his dead parents, and that our body is ‘merely a vehicle’ until we go back ‘from whence we came’.

What a load of shit.

In this game, you possess the ability to talk with the dead.

Bunnymaster was the reason for the very strict no-deadtalking rule. However I don’t think anything notable happened to him during the game other than receiving the Espeon Plushie and not knowing what to do with it, though it definitely worked for the Haters, as Bunnymaster always voted against them.

Dear Alphabravo, you are Pastel.

You are the kind of person who defines ‘Wifidiot’ and continues to uphold that stereotype regardless of the many times you have been told that you are a retard. Probably most famous around Smogon for your masterful thread “Japanese Idea” (‘we should really start using the japaneses’) you continue to be a dunce, even asking if the Smogon Tour would come to where you live.

In this game, as your intellect is so low, you possess an ability that might just work – it’s unlikely though. At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – Being a twat around <user1> and <user2>”. You will be notified if <user1> targeted <user2> that night.

For balance issues, The Clueless needed another member, but a useless one – so I came up with this borderline useless sort-of-tracking role. It actually worked out once, but I don’t know how much help that was. Alphabravo died relatively early so not much to say here.
Dear Yeti, you are Anakin Skywalker.

You have been one of the most promising members of the Jedi Order since you first won the Pod race on Tatooine; being the ‘Chosen One’ you occasionally feel rather cocky, but you have good intentions at heart. However, you often let your emotions get the better of you and, as such, your win condition is liable to change due to certain events.

At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – following <user> in Jedi Starfighter”. You will jump into your starfighter and inconspicuously fly around <user> throughout the night. By morning, you will have found out who <user> targeted.

You are also holding the Lightsaber, this means at Night you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – using Lightsaber on <user>’s bodyguards”. <user>’s bodyguards will be sliced into tiny little pieces, and will obviously be unable to protect <user> from any attempts on his/her life that night. This is a one time use item.

The gods have also shown you favour, and provided you with this masterful false role PM:
Dear Yeti, you are a husband.

You are the stereotypical husband who loves to sit in his rotting armchair and watch television all day, munching on assorted snacks brought to you by your slave otherwise known as your wife and telling jokes that simply aren’t funny to those demons otherwise known as your children. You have no idea who the heck your wife is and, as such, can be classified as ‘clueless’.

At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – watching Big Brother which is watching <user>”. You will sit in your armchair and fart whilst watching the most boring program ever and eat peanuts (literally) for the entire night. By morning, however, you will have found out exactly who <user> targeted that night.

You are allied with yourself.

You win if you survive.

Yeti was about as close to a wolf as neutrals got in this game, but was relatively weak – anything remotely exciting hinged on Kinneas dying, which he never did (not sure whether this is fortunate or unfortunate :P). If Kinneas was killed by the Haters, Yeti would become a Lover and vice versa – this was meant to add some nice early/mid-game numbers to one of the mafia factions but the situation never did arise. Yeti did target the right people though before being threatened with death unless she complied with the Haters’ demands, which she did and consequently won!

Dear Coronis, you are Marcus Junius Brutus.

You are one of the more prominent conspirators against what you believe to be the oppression of Gaius Julius Caesar along with Cassius and Casca. Despite being scheming and emo (though not as emo as your wife who decided to stab herself in the leg) you are a clever and level-headed person, displaying many qualities of the Magnanimous Man. You have joined the Remoraid Mafia not just because you quite fancy Fish and Chips right now, but for a specific purpose – one that you will only commit because you love Rome more.

At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – sending Casca to spy on <user>”. If <user> is Julius Caesar, you will be notified; this will be a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer.

If you find Caesar you may, at night, PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – Assassinating <user> at the Capitol”. If <user> is Julius Caesar, <user> will be killed. This is a one time use ability.

You win if you kill Julius Caesar.

I found the idea of a neutral designed only to kill one person and then leave quite interesting, so I came up with Coronis’ role to eliminate Phantasia, the village bodyguard (hehe). I’d reject claims that this was a death sentence for the bodyguard, as finding one person amongst 22 is rather difficult (for Coronis at least). Phantasia was only found out when logs were leaked and before then Coronis wasn’t anywhere near close to finding Caesar :P

Dear Agape, you are Remoraid – what an honour!

You’re clearly the best fish Pokemon, and really cool in general! However, some are jealous of your potential and, as such, you should be cautious in this game. Being a super fish, you have many abilities.

At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – using Water Gun on <user1> and <user2>”. <user1>’s night actions will be directed at <user2>. You may also include the fake Remoraid role PM supplied below, which will be delivered to <user1> and <user2> saying that they have ‘received a note’. You may also include a body of text, which will be shown in the update the next morning.

Being a Remora, you have a symbiotic relationship with Manta Rays – in this case, Mantine. Through this symbiotic relationship, you know that a friendly Mantyke exists in this game. At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – using Water Pulse on <user>”. If <user> is a Mantyke, their capabilities will surely be boosted.

Also, when the Remoraid Haters outnumber the Remoraid Lovers, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – using Hyper Beam on <user>”. <user> will be killed. This is a one use ability.

You are also holding the Remoraid Plushie, this means that your vote will count double during a lynch.

You win if you survive.
Dear <user>, you are Remoraid.

You’re clearly the best fish Pokemon, and really cool in general! However, some are jealous of your potential and, as such, you should be cautious in this game.

At night, you may PM Alchemator and Macle with “Night X – IMA FIRIN’ MAH LAZ0R!!!”. One of the users who targets you this night will be killed, but you will have to post a Shoop da Whoop picture in your next post. If you do not, you will be killed.

You are allied with The Clueless

So here we are at the one and only Remoraid xD When designing this neutral I wanted something with indirect firepower rather than simply killing – causing chaos while still being a reasonably strong threat. Though Agape didn’t use the fake PM inclusion early game when it mattered most, he still confused Unclesam and probably others (I even received a night PM from Rey but I don’t think that was entirely serious was it?). It was difficult to choose someone to be Remoraid – I didn’t want an incompetent player, but nor did I want a big name who would have been targeted early (the bane of Remoraid), so I turned to Mekkah’s criterium which led me to Agape. Overall I was very pleased with his performance and hopefully it was fun :D

Night 0
Nothing much important happened here – Thorns tried to unite the village but was almost kicked out by the end of Night 0. Unclesam made a good decision in safeguarding Thorns, preventing him from being cleaned (the latter then being considered a suspected mafia for the rest of the game).

Day 1
The village decided to lynch KnightoftheWind based on flavour, obviously having not payed attention to Rule #18

Day 1, Take 2
Rey’s Encore was used, and they decided to lynch the real village inspector who had just “cleaned” Eo the previous night.

Night 1
Once again uneventful, the vigilantes kill Kharozz, the lynchkill. and the Lovers bumped off the inactive Alakapimp.

Day 2
Eo and Rey put plan whatevertheydecidedtocallit into action, framing Rey as wolf so that the mafia would contact him. Somehow it worked, with RBG letting out some minor information about his team :P this led to the lynch of Unclesam and the general downfall of the Lovers from then on.

Night 2
The Haters were about to dispose of Agape (having realised who he was) but RBG used the Fish Tank at an opportune moment, saving Agape from death and allowing him to wreak more havoc :P

Day 3
The lynch of hailflameblast, but not before revealing some interesting logs in which Eo and Rey discuss the identities of certain people. This event alone led to the mass carnage of…

Night 3
FOUR people died xD However, remind me to make more detailed priorities next time – both Coronis and Agape (the shoop da whooper) shared a kill priority of 1, making it a coin flip as to who went first. Coronis won the coinflip, so Phantasia died before Agape could blast Coronis to smithereens with his Hyper Beam. The Remoraid Lovers dispatched of the useless Alphabravo, whereas the vigilantes blew up reyscarface (?)

Day 4
Originally RBG was to be lynched, but Agape figured out that Eo was a mole and set about using terrible logic to make the correct assumption and aim the lynch at Dogfish44 :P fortunately the Haters still had their lynch cancellation and stopped the death of one of their members.

Night 4
The Haters passed the Espeon Plushie to Bunnymaster, and killed Exarius who had subbed out and then back in again within the space of 24 hours :P They also silenced Agape, which was instrumental in the Hater victory.

Day 5
The Clueless could still tie the lynch, but Nachos’ tricking of Kinneas into changing his vote swung the lynch in the Haters’ favour, getting rid of RBG – the last of the lovers.

Night 5
The vigilantes targeted Thorns, using up his BPV. Agape was silenced again :P

Day 6
The Haters allied with Yeti (at the threat of death :P) to force a majority and Remoraid finally fell ;-;

Night 6
Haters killed Dubulous and explained to me their plan (now holding majority) which included lynching Kinneas instead of killing him, meaning that the game could be called.

Awards
Best PlayerEo Ut Mortus
Yes he got lucky with the inspection and mole roles are somewhat broken but he still led his faction well and dominated the game.

Best VillagerReyscarface
Stop whining already :P you led the village well and even worked out that Eo was a mole, albeit slightly too late.

Most targeted Thorns
He picked up a whopping 10 night actions against him, with Rey and Eo tying for second place with 7

Please lynch Eo the mole! - oh the game has ended...

Nice game. As I said to Alch I don't care about balance as long as the game is fun.

Putting so much power into the roles made the game a little unstable in my opinion, ie. one death could cause a major power loss in the mafias.

My role was nice, though I didn't understand first how the notes worked so I started using them only from n1 onwards.

I did poorly with claiming: claimed to rey at once thinking to win with the village. The haters got that info through Eo resulting to a close call on n2.

The pastebin thing was hilarious; I'll never use pastebin to transfer important logs from now on. Without that log, the Lovers would've lost even faster.

By night 3 I had spoken with the Lovers and Eo. Both asked me to kill/redirect different people. I ended up with a comporomise killing coronis. I thought that I had priority 0 with the kill, leaving Phantasia alive. Unfortunately I lost the coinflip, which eventually caused me to die to the lack of a bg.

<Alchemator> how are you finding the game at this point
<Agape> i find it extremely messed up
<Agape> my win is now in hands of the haters
<Agape> whether they kill the vig or me
<Agape> now its all coinflips
<Alchemator> do you think you could have influenced that
<Agape> hmm
<Agape> not anymore
<Agape> i tried to do that
<Agape> the break point was that phantasia died
<Agape> due to coronis making his kill even when i killed him
<Alchemator> "now its all coinflips" - interesting that you say that :P I'll explain in postgame
<Alchemator> you have been slightly unfortunate
<Agape> mhm yeah

So arguably my win hanged on a coinflip. Though Eo would probably have got me lynched either way. Who knows?

E: Okay I've been corrected, the coinflip didn't matter, as the night actions would just have been simultaneous. My point is that I though myself to have priority 0 and Coronis having priority 1 because of a discussion with alch, which would have given me higher priority thus letting Phantasia live.

Now I agree with the claim that neutrals break the balance. I would have loved to see Yeti turn a Remoraid Lover after the whole faction was eliminated, though.

But overall fun game, everyone is happier if they get a strong role even if it's not balanced.

I should have allowed to keep announcing even after I died :7

I don't need to write more, Alch, do I?

First of all: Clueless, you didn't have to live up to your name, you know....

Second: The mass massacre was a collaboration between me and Agape. Agape was thinking it would be fortunate to kill Coronis, who we knew was going for Phantasia. I wanted to get both killed, to even out the odds for us. In the end, I suggested to him that he redirects Dubulous to Coronis (hoping Coro kill goes before the redirected kill), he kills Eo, we kill AlphaBravo and RBG kidnaps someone. At this moment we tought Darkanine was a wolf (due to a claim he sent us), but didn't pay closer attention to it. And as we see, Agape didn't hold his end of this bargain. If he did, we could have maybe won this, but after that we were pretty much fucked.

Third: I didn't pressure you, alch, I asked. Reason? First time I played mafia (Chaos Mafia), I ended up in the weaker mafia faction, and we lost when someone in my team blabbered to a person we thought was friendly to us, and then went and talked to the other factions, which oute- wait a second, doesn't this sound familiar?

Fourth: You are one talky host, Alch O_o

Well of course we weren't going to make Yeti turn Lover. We knew that she would have a win condition change if Kinneas was killed, so we just simply targeted other people. It was rather annoying when Agape was protected night 2 though. Fuck the fish tank. ~_~

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
hey I wasn't the one that mindlessly paired with the mole very early in the game and helped him kill the two inspectors in one fell swoop ;o

I wasn't even in the original plan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)