Research Week #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrp

Banned deucer.
Guess I'll swap out Rayquaza from my team for Mence...
Alt will be JRP.

edit here you go 1250, too lazy to keep going and I keep getting haxed.

http://pastebin.com/CLrVwkV0

So yeah. Mence. It wasn't quite as easy as I thought it would be just swapping my Rayquaza out for mence (I guess I should have known it). I was originally going to use a sun team to help boost Fire Blast's power for DDmence, but I ended up using Hydro Pump. Hydro Pump was still handy for 2HKOing Skarmory switchins, but it couldn't do anything against ferrothorn, which ended up being quite a large "thorn" in my side. Rayquaza never had that issue because of Air Lock, so it could just kill off any feisty switchins with Overheat. Mence did have the advantage of being a tad faster than Rayquaza which meant it wasn't quite as easily revenged. The loss in power really hurt though, as Mence couldn't as easily break through the things that resisted Outrage, mainly Skarmory and Ferrothorn, which I mentioned above. In hindsight, I should have tried that one offensive core from 4th gen where you use both Mence and Rayquaza together, which I plan to do, I'm planning on trying to build my next team around Mence.

Found a half decent rain stall build that Deoxys fits into quite nicely, might even hit bronze with it. Currently sitting at 1160, I'll post something more detailed if I can get higher.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
All has been updated. The RW challenge will end in a few hours guys, keep it up~

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Unfortunately, time's up for this Research Week! The next one will be up in shortly. Congratulations to Fiction., who achieved a CRE of 1414 using Espeon!

This RW has been pretty great for me as well. I reached 1244 with my Deoxys-D team, which you will definitely hear of, as I plan to take it further. Had I not gone out with my friends last night I would've been in the Hall of Fame.

Hope you guys had fun! As said, the next RW will be up in shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)