1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Research Week #4 (Crawdaunt, Pinsir, Eelektross)

Discussion in 'BW RU' started by Texas Cloverleaf, Apr 18, 2012.

1. SilentVerse

SilentVerse Into the New World
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner

Special attacking Eelektross was actually much better than SubCoil! It's excellent coverage alongside its Special Attack stat let it dish out some very decent damage, while Levitate and its above average bulk let it stick around longer than stuff like Manectric or even Ampharos. I initially tried Acid Spray, but I found that Acid Spray was extremely prediction reliant and just not really that great for the prediction it took to use it properly, so I ended up just using Eelektross as a all-out attacker with Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / Grass Knot / Volt Switch, which actually worked nicely. Admittedly, like Iris said, I wouldn't really use it over a Pokemon like, say, Rotom-C or regular Rotom on a more serious team unless I really needed that Flamethrower coverage (but Hidden Power Fire already kinda covers that), or didn't really need the type overlap, but special Eelektross is definitely a pretty decent mon.
  2. spuds4ever

spuds4ever

Ok, so in my short time of using pinsir, I discovered a couple of nifty things. Pinsir is far from the best sweeper in RU but he makes a really good support sweeper for things like feraligatr and drapion, easily muscling through stuff like quagsire and lilligant so long as you don't switch in on HP fire or rock (presuming you're carrying lum berry). Didn't really try out CB as he seems to be completely out-classed in that field by things like afrobull.
  3. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Let's post our concluding thoughts on the Research Week mon of our choice if we havent already please and thank you!
  4. Scubasteve23

Scubasteve23

I love using Crawdaunt. If you can pull off even one Dragon Dance with him, he can wreck teams.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)