Research Week #6 - Rapidash, Articuno, Kecleon, and Stunfisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No. Just no. I've faced you multiple times with my other alt, Nicaragua, which uses the exact same team (or did) as my research team except that Jynx is in place of Rapidash. As for the alt, it was created specifically for the purpose of testing. I'm sure the mods of the server would be able to see when it was created?

Actually finding it quite ridiculous that you would level this charge at me. I could understand if I had claimed to get to the top of the ladder but since I didn't even make it to Bronze in the hall of fame I'm wondering why you feel the need.
uh wow massive brain fart on my part I somehow forgot that rapidash was a rw mon for some reason and I just read the logs and you were using it, I must have got confused with that alt.
anyway, my sincerest apologies for being rude and dumb, you're right, in addition me using your 71 battles as evidence was kind of silly as I went on to get 67 battles with my alt, once again, sorry.

Must say I'm intrigued by elchupo's use of Flame Plate Rapidash. I think you could possibly drop the EVs to 216 in order to outspeed base 100s (although it might be nice to tie with offensive Cryogonal). Have you tried running max Attack instead of SpA? Seems you'd get more use out of it, seeing as even with 252 SpA it doesn't OHKO Quagsire or Golem. 40 SpA gets the 2HKO just like with max SpA, but your Flare Blitz and Wild Charge are now considerably stronger. I'll test max SpA though too and get back on this.
EV's are not my forte and I generally don't put that much thought into them (leaving it to folks more talented in that regard) so I was only trying to make Overheat as powerful as possible. I did, however, try your spread and I can say that the lack of power behind HP Grass was noticeable. I did 65% to a Quagsire with it after doing around 12% with Flare Blitz on the switch. With the old spread I'd never failed to KO a Quag, whether on the switch or not. Perhaps that was just a rare specially bulky set. I'll probably have to test it more.

I Do think the speed EV's could still be sacrified and put into Atk since I don't really know what Rapidash is trying to tie with (matching offensive Cryo' is nice but it's STAB is pretty useless against Rapidash anyway). As long as it outspeeds the base Max+95's (Jynx and Sawsbuck) and Charizard it should be good.

uh wow massive brain fart on my part I somehow forgot that rapidash was a rw mon for some reason and I just read the logs and you were using it, I must have got confused with that alt.
anyway, my sincerest apologies for being rude and dumb, you're right, in addition me using your 71 battles as evidence was kind of silly as I went on to get 67 battles with my alt, once again, sorry.
No Problem ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)