Research Week - Buneary, Lickitung, Snivy, and Venonat

i dont play little cup but i had a great idea. see if you little cup masters can improve this.
this set is for likitung

defensive EV, item: red card
moves:
knock off
thief
dragon tail/filler
explosion/filler

so this is how it works.

get likitung into a poke without getting hit.

turn one: likitung knocks off item
opponent attacks, activates red card, switches to another poke

turn two: liktung either uses knock off again or steals item using theif

turn three either start shuffling wit dragon tail or explode.

u took away 2-3 items (prolly something important like eviolite) and u cripled a poke with STAB EXPLOSION_

Buneary is pretty much outclassed by Meowth and Aipom. Meowth and Aipom have Technician and are more powerful. The main thing Buneary has over them is Switcheroo, and Encore. The best would probably utilize both of them. The set that I would probably use, is:

Buneary @ Flame Orb | Klutz
Jolly | 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Fake Out / Switcheroo / Return / Encore

^ Aipom doesn't have Technician, meaning it is entirely outclassed by Buneary. And while Meowth HAS Technician and access to Bite, giving it a stronger Fake Out...Buneary has Switcheroo! You're completely undermining how important that actually is. Switcheroo/Trick are really good in LC due to how much other Pokemon rely on their items. Getting a Flame Orb on a Scraggy means that Scraggy has no problems for you. TrickScarfing a Slowpoke, or a Lickitung, or something...means you just took out a wall! Meowth can't do shit to dedicated walls, while Buneary effectively eliminates them.

Meowth can't do shit to dedicated walls, while Buneary effectively eliminates them.
Meowth has Taunt iirc so its not completely donezo if slowpoke switches in. I'm not trying to say that Bunearys bad, since it is most definitely the best of the four here but is it REALLY THAT good? I see a little overhype here.

I haven't once seen a Meowth use Taunt. But maybe cause it dies so fast...not sure. Regardless, I don't see how it's overhyped. I figured Buneary was crap but then I tested it and it was brilliant. Switcheroo is actually fucking amazing.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
^ Aipom doesn't have Technician, meaning it is entirely outclassed by Buneary.
That's a bit harsh... Aipom has better stats and way more coverage moves (Seed Bomb, Acrobatics (!), and U-turn are the big ones). It can also Baton Pass Nasty Plot, which is sorta unique I guess. Buneary has Klutz + Switcheroo and Encore going for it, which I guess with 19 Speed is pretty good, but not entirely outclassing Aipom. Aipom might be a bit weaker than Meowth, but it is much bulkier and has way more coverage options (Meowth just has Bite, Seed Bomb, and U-turn.)

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Since when do Aipom (70 Base) and Meowth (45 Base) have the same Attack stat? Or am I missing something? I realize that Meowth has Technician, but what is it boosting besides Fake Out that both Aipom and Meowth have access to? They are similar Pokemon, yes, but the extra bulk isn't the only thing setting them apart.

Regardless, let's focus on Buneary! No more silly tangents.

Buneary @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Limber
EVs: 236 Atk/ 252 Spd
Nature: Adamant
- Return
- Fire Punch
- Bounce
- Switcheroo

That's what I came up with.....

You're sort of walled by Rock types in general. I'd run Drain Punch over either FP or Bounce. Replacing Bounce leaves you walled by Litwick (not sure what else), and replecing Fire Punch means you don't get the SE hit on Bronzor.

Yeah, Drain Punch > Bounce IMO, since you're not really doing much to Fighting-types even with it. You're already getting an SE hit on most grass types anyways, and any recovery Buneary can get is pretty much a godsend.

Lickitung doesn't have to run rest talk, in fact i found it to be a decent cleric since it gets wish and heal bell. Restoring 14 points of an allies hp which is very helpful for "insert pokemon with 19 hp for Life Orb recoil" and it can still be a pretty decent tank that can take hits with its base 90/75/75 defenses. Sadly it cant use wish or heal bell with cloud nine so it has to use the lesser own tempo.

Snivy does lack reliable recovery outside of leech seed (which isnt very reliable) and rest, but if it does go for rest it can take a defensive route to utilize the fact it gets coil or cm, but in my experience, the coil one has often been set up on by dd scraggy. The calm mind variant suprises people and it isn't too physically frail to not deserve a mention.
I've had a tough time facing a Wish-Protect Lickiting, luckily on like the 10th try my focus blast critted.

The Buneary set I've been running is Fake Out / Switcheroo / Shadow Ball / Drain Punch. It's actually ridiculously effective. Shadow Ball 2HKOes Gastly and Slowpoke after you take away its Eviolite, even with no investment.

Also: 500th post :D.

Lickitung @ Eviolite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs:196 HP/156 Def/156 Sp.Def
Nature: Bold
-Knock Off
-Toxic
-Dragon Tail
-Wish

An Eviolite set is pretty viable IMO. This one in particular needs some changing around. I couldn't really think of an awesome EV spread, and I'm sure there are much better movesets. I just wanted to throw this one out there. As for Snivy, I had a few problems coming up with a really "good" set for this guy. I'm thinking about Dual Screens, Leech Seed?

Anyone tried out some sort of physical set for Venonat? I know it doesn't have the greatest coverage in the world (if it only got Quiver Dance 9.9), but it could work with 55 Attack. Something like Sleep Powder / Agility / Zen Headbutt / Bug Bite, or soemthing of that nature. It doesn't have the best coverage in the world, but again, it could work. Also double status venonat seems like an interesting annoyer with Sleep Powder + Stun Spore.

Thing is, if I had an Agility, I'd rather Baton Pass it to something that can actually hurt stuff than try to sweep with a goddamn Venonat.

Double Powder is cool. I like Toxic over Stun Spore, but both are cool.

^ Little Cup evs don't work like that. Dual Screens is probably the best you'll get out of Snivy though.
Thank you, I didn't notice that I put 252. Venonat doesn't have too much going for it. A Physical set is probably as far as you can go with that it seems or probably even better another Eviolite set with status.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Double status is great imo, as you can switch in on fighting moves easily thanks to a 4x resist. I think Sleep powder, Stun spore, Baton pass and Bug bite would be the way to go as Baton pass would be able to keep the momentum on your side if the sleeping pokemon switches out.

I've had a tough time facing a Wish-Protect Lickiting, luckily on like the 10th try my focus blast critted.
Oh yea god don't even get me started on Lickitung! Wish + Protect gives insane survivability. it can dish out damage. and dragon tail is possibly the most annoying move ever cause you can't setup on it. unless you have a substitute up. prepare to be annoyed by Lickitung.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)