Return Of Sand (An OU Sandstorm Team)

Return Of Sand (An OU Sandstorm Team)

Sandstorm. Being one of the most common field condition during the 3rd and 4th generation when the two dream abilities, drought and drizzle wasn't released back in the time. Providing a lot of offensive buffs in the 5th generation, being evolved into an dominant playstyle, and being a very useful check to other weather threats such as Tornadus on a drizzle team, and Venusaur on a drought team.

With that introduction out of the way (even though it was a little bit short). Hello Smogon, once again. This is Touya, back again with another RMT...that has to do with a weather condition...for the umpteenth time. Alright, most of the teams that I make, have to deal with sand stream and such. I mean, sand stream is a very good ability. Summoning a permanent sandstorm upon the battlefield, until the opponent has an opposing pokemon that has another weather condition.

When the old forums of Smogon didn't got crippled, I remember posting an RMT that had to focus around sandstorm, plus the test of using Lucario as well too. Let's just say that the team was really weak against Specs Tornadus and Keldeo. So, throughout the past couple of months, I've been looking at guides to make a sand team, and the suggestions that I should recommend using Choice Bands and such. So I slapped one, and my goodness, that's when I started to love using that held item. So to make a long story short, the purpose of this team here was to like use not one, but three Choice Banded Pokemon, such as Tyranitar, Scizor, and let's not forget the most valuable one that has it, which is Terrakion. With that being said, let's jump right into the sandy pits of this RMT here, shall we?

=======================================

Team Preview:

|
|
|
|
|

=========================================

In Depth Look:

|
|
|
|
|

Tyranitar

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

First off, we have Tyranitar, the most common sandstorm summoner. Equipped with a Choice Band is a set for this gargantuan pokemon spells disaster to teams that expected a weaker Tyranitar, and explains why it's the most feared pokemon in the OU metagame. Being boost with an absolutely massive 604 attack, most pokemon would not have any business switching into it. Other opposing weather teams (not Hippowdon) would fear switching into it's powerful attacks, making it a set ideal to win a weather war decisively with ease. Onto the attacks, Stone Edge is one of Tyranitar's main STAB move for it's power; capable of OHKOing and 2HKOing of those that lack a resistance to it. Crunch is for making short work to OHKO Jellicent, Reuniculus, and Celebi. Superpower is a best move to deal with Tyranitar's main weakness that obviously has to do with steel, and land a huge crippling blow to Terrakion, Keldeo, and Breloom-three of the other enemies of Tyranitar-on the switch. Pursuit is one of my favorite moves on this set, being utilized to cripple Ghost types, Psychic types, and opposing weather starters, as stated, and also being a trapper to an opposing Latios that either has an held item of Choice Specs or Choice Scarf. Overall, Tyranitar is a very strong Pokemon on it's own, being hard pressed on Stall Teams to keep up on onslaught.

Garchomp

Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
With the ability "Sand Viel" being banned, the renowned Mach Pokemon makes a triumphant return in the OU metagame, doing best of rampaging any team possible with his nearly nearly unresisted STAB coverage, excellent attack, and Speed to provide him with terrifying offensive presence. Garchomp's Ground typing is like a blessing, providing resistance to Stealth Rock, to not take recoil damage from Sandstream, and has immunity to Electric attacks(..which is fairly obvious.) Tyranitar and Garchomp make perfect sandstorm partners, due to Garchomp acting as a coverage to one of other T-Tar's weakness which is Ground and Water, which is the reason why the dual type "Ground" is a blessing for this pokemon. Many people say that Garchomp is a one dimensional hard hitter, but can act as a support member of the team with it being able to set up Stealth Rock on the battlefield. As much as Outrage is powerful, but I think Dragon Claw for me is the best move on this set to avoid being locked into it, and having to deal with the confusion. Earthquake is for Fire types such as Heatran, Ninetales that want to get rid of the sand, Infernape which is Tyranitar's other enemy in the OU metagame, and an opposing Tyranitar as well. Last on the moveslot which is Fire Blast, that happens to be another great covering move for Tyranitar's weakness to steel and grass types, plus an coverage move for Garchomp to deal with ice types. Equipped with a Focus Sash, this makes Garchomp not only a covering partner to Tyranitar, but a fantastic lead due to being one of the fastest Stealth Rock users in the OU meta.

Rotom-Wash

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split
Rotom-Wash here returns from my previous RMTs: "The Sandbox" and "Staraptor's Field Day" to act like a check to the common threat of Sandstorm Teams that happens to be Rain Teams. This also bucks the tread for a perfectly good reason, having two dual STAB moves. One of them is Volt Switch to scout what the opponent is going to do, and a good useful pivot move as well. Another STAB move is Hydro Pump which has to be to a great covering move for T-Tar that hits opposing pokemon such as Landurus-T, Heatran and Terrakion. Thunder-Wave is a very useful to cripple faster Pokemon such as Latios, Keldeo, Venusaur, and many other opposing pokemon that can do severe damage to Tyranitar. Pain split gives Rotom-Wash some much needed recovery. Doing enough decent damage to Water and flying types, and having only one weakness to Grass, Rotom-Wash is a perfect pokemon to tank Politoed and Starmie, in which the bulky attacker cannot do as reliably.

Scizor

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
If you though that a "Swords Dance" Scizor holding a Life Orb was a threat to most teams, maybe this Choice Banded one will change your mind. Like Tyranitar, Scizor is another one of the top threats in the OU metagame. Although Scizor hasn't changed from DPP, but it's still incredibly best of what it does. U-Turn allows Scizor to deal out huge amount of damage to incoming Pokemon, and also to scout what the opponent is going to do (same with Rotom-Wash). Choice Banded Bullet Punch is incredibly very powerful to revenge kill any threatning Pokemon in the metagame such as a Choice Scarf Salamence being locked into Outrage, Choice Band Dragonite also being locked into Outrage, Choice Scarf Hydreigon, and a Double Boosted Terrakion (Don't worry. This is going to be the last time that Terrakion will be mentioned. We're getting to him soon.) Superpower can do a very very very HUGE chunk amount of damage to one of it's main counters such as Heatran, Magnezone, and Ferrothorn expecting a Bullet Punch. Pursuit can also allow Scizor to KO or do a lot of damage from fleeing Pokemon such as Reuiculous, Starmie, and Slowbro, plus checkmates Choice Specs Latios being locked into Draco Meteor. All in all, Scizor is like Tyranitar in a way. Being another threat, and having the ability: Technician, Scizor manages to make the best out of it's exceptional utility and sheer power.

Donphan

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard

Not really that much to say about Donphan, other than being overlooked most of the time on a sandstorm team, and having a very high attack and defense of 120, making it very bulky. Sturdy is also a very good ability that allows Donphan to survive an attack while at full health. However, this here is the only set that Donphan can be use in the current meta. The main purpose of it is to take fully advantage of Donphan's above average physical bulk to order to take as many hits as possible. Rapid Spin is like the only reason why Donphan is used on this team, to get rid of entry hazards off the field. Earthquake is Donphan's only STAB move, and it's coming off of it's base 120 Attack, so it hits really hard, and being an excellent check to Terraki-*shot.* Stealth Rock is the most important move, seeing how Donphan is a Stealth Rock user, just in case if Garchomp gets OHKOed or if another rapid spinner comes in, and gets rid of the entry hazards on the opposing field. Ice Shard is another good move as well. Dealing enough damage to Salamence, Garchomp, Landorus-T, and Gliscor. Even though Donphan is very overclassed by other rapid spinners in the meta and finding it very difficult to stay alive, it's still a nice niche to this team and always to be considered a last resort if none of the spinners work on a team. ...Now, we can talk about the last member.

Terrakion

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack
Okay, here we are everyone. The most common threat next to Scizor and Tyranitar has to be, Terrakion. It has everything it needs necessary for a sweeper. It's dual STAB of Fighting and Rock provides it with near flawless coverage. Let's not to mention as well about it's speed too, and it's attack. Having a base attack of 129 and having a base speed of 108 as well, it can beyond any doubt to outspeed most of the OU metagame. But Touya, what about Keldeo? Keldeo is also a threat as well, and it can like outspeed Terrakion as well. Shut up! This is Terrakion here that's base on attack. Terrakion is also a very good Choice Band user as well. Wait? Very good? A very EXCELLENT Choice Banded user sounds better. Alright, stop me if I'm talking too much about Terrakion's offensive typing, but this Choice Band set truly set an example of on how fantastic it's STAB moves really are, and easily boils down: "Click it's appropriate STAB for the situation and watch things take massive amount of damage." Seeing how Terrakion's STAB moves are beyond off the charts, Close Combat...obviously sweeps anything in a flash during late game, what else is there to be said? Stone Edge is to take out dual flying types such as Dragonite and Salamence, same thing such as Tyranitar. X-Scissor is a very good move on this set, taking out bulky psychic types a bit harder than Stone Edge does, while having the upside down of being 100% accurate. Lastly, yeah Quick Attack is a very strange option for the last moveset, but it can be a solid situational move to knock out Latios at low health (how many times have Latios been mentioned in this RMT?) To sum this up, when the sandstorm is summoned upon the field, Terrakion's stats are boosted and can be proceed to sweep, plus, it's a very powerful pokemon that can hit like a truck when the sand's up.

===================================

Importatble:

Code:
Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band[/FONT][/CENTER][/FONT][/CENTER][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=Arial]
[CENTER][FONT=Arial]
[CENTER][FONT=Arial]
[CENTER]Trait: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard

Terrakion @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

Conclusion:

Whew. What an RMT I've made here. Alright, summary time. I believe this team here is very well balanced. You have your threats, momentum, nice STAB moves, dragon type, dragon resistance, and etc. Now, sandstorm has to be one of my favorite weather starters, next to drizzle and sun. It's like a nice learning curve to me, and no I'm not like new to it. I mean, I have plenty of sand teams I've made, even on PO most of the time. I also believe that I've made a lot of progress on sandstorm teams as well too, looking back on this. Now, I do apologize for posting an RMT really late. I was getting caught up in life as usual, me on the brink of not making one due to being on a losing streak during Showdown, and...somewhat upsetting the users that have Keldeo on their teams and such. I mean, yes Keldeo has very decent speed and special attack, but to me Terrakion is better due to outspeeding most of the OU metagame as stated. Besides the TMI and rambling, although Rotom-Wash can like be a useful check to rain teams, but this team right here is like...really weak to Choice Specs Politoed, Keldeo, Choice Specs Tornadus, and obviously fighting types. four pokemon being weak to grass, three pokemon weak to water, and one water resistance. So, thanks for reading my third RMT. If you like what you saw...other than the Keldeo comment I made, leave a like if you want, or if you didn't like most of it, find something that is arguable about, opinions and suggestions are welcome as always. Oh, and shoutout to this guide to sand as well. It really helped me here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bw-ou-guide-to-sand.3452082/

=======================================

Final Glance:

|
|
|
|
|

Last edited:
Eh, still weak to Keldeo. Also, I saw Pokeaimd use a very similar team sometime ago, except with Stoutland over Garchomp and SR on Ttar. Anyway, no matter how much you dismiss it, Keldeo absolutely destroys your team. Latias is a good check, but the sand really racks up. So maybe fit Stoutland or Sandslash on there somewhere?

So you've put far too much effort into this for it to get ignored... I'll give you a quick rate. Your main problem is that you've focused too much on sand. Sure, using pokemon that are immune to sandstorm damage is a good idea but you've kinda gone overboard on that and ended up with a massive rain weakness. Especially as you've ended up with something resembling bulky offense, you really want to be able to switch into attacks a bit more easily. You're also particularly weak to Keldeo, but other than that you're really not too far away from having a solid team.

First things first, you don't need Donphan. A spinner's handy, but it's by no means a necessity and at the moment the cost of having Donphan on your team vastly outweighs any benefit you get from being able to spin. You'll be much better off with a Latias instead of Donphan. If you use the Life Orb set from the analysis with Draco Meteor / Surf / Psyshock / Recover you'll get a decent Keldeo / rain check as well as adding a bit more offensive presence to your team.

Your other major problem is that you've got three CBers, two of which (Scizor and Tyranitar) fill similar roles. I'd suggest changing Tyranitar to a Scarf set, which will make dealing with fast Pursuit-weak pokemon (Starmie, Gengar, Latias, Latios) a lot easier and make your team a bit faster. If you don't like the sound of using a Scarf, you could go with an Expert Belt mixed set with Ice Beam instead to try and lure out Landorus-T and Hippowdon and set up a Terrakion sweep.

Other than that, a few nitpicks: Rotom and Scizor should have 248 HP and the extra 4 EVs thrown into another stat to make them take less damage from SR, and Garchomp shouldn't really be running a Focus Sash - that set's really suited to more offensive teams. If you give it a Rocky Helmet, you'll be able to deal with Jirachi and Scizor more easily. Rotom should probably be using WoW over TWave, especially as you aren't too worried about Latias/Latios on a team with TTar and Scizor and Ferrothorn could potentially be a bit annoying. Burn's always a useful thing to have too. You might also want to use Rock Slide over X-Scissor on Terrakion too, as it's not often that you'll come across a Celebi that you can't 2HKO with a rock attack. It's certainly more common for you to wish you didn't have to rely on SE hitting than for you to wish you could hit Celebi for 4x.

Also, side note: never use SR twice on the same team - it's a waste of a moveslot. If you're against a team with a spinner, you should bear that in mind and make sure you don't lose your SRer before you can guarentee rocks.

Good luck!

Well, looking over this:

You have 2 fighting weak Pokemon here (Tyranitar and Terrakion), both of which are choiced. This would be fine, except you also have no fighting resistances. With three choice users, you're going to be relying on a lot of switching, but powerful attackers such as Keldeo, Opposing Terrakion, Toxicroak, and even lesser seen threats like Heracross and Mienshao can tear apart your team by switching in and spamming Close Combat/Secret Sword/Hi Jump Kick. Donphan can't reliably check these threats without any recovery (aside from leftovers) leaving you quite weak to repeated fighting assaults.

A fighting resist is crucial; Latias, as the person above me mentioned, could be a quite viable solution; I might go for the Sub-CM Variety, able to power its way through broken down teams and Stall much more easily. Sub-CM Latias also gives you a much nicer defensive presence.

If you're unwilling to sacrifice your spinner, I would at least use Tentacruel > Donphan. Tentacruel provides some physical bulk, and, crucially, a fighting resist. This also makes it a great switch in to Keldeo.

Sets:
Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Scald
- Protect

Hey guys. Touya here again, and I've read all of your posts. Now, most of the suggestions you gave to me were helpful, and most of them didn't.
But still, I'm glad you gave me the suggestions and the sets for my sand team.

Eh, still weak to Keldeo. Also, I saw Pokeaimd use a very similar team sometime ago, except with Stoutland over Garchomp and SR on Ttar. Anyway, no matter how much you dismiss it, Keldeo absolutely destroys your team. Latias is a good check, but the sand really racks up. So maybe fit Stoutland or Sandslash on there somewhere?
Thanks for this suggestion here, but I just want to say this. If Keldeo stills destroys my team, then why have Latias as a check for it when Keldeo would possibly have Hidden Power [Ghost]? Plus, according to Smogon, Sandslash has a lot of flaws so I don't think it should be a good choice, but the only thing that's good about it; having the dream ability: Sand Rush.

tab said:
So you've put far too much effort into this for it to get ignored... I'll give you a quick rate. Your main problem is that you've focused too much on sand. Sure, using pokemon that are immune to sandstorm damage is a good idea but you've kinda gone overboard on that and ended up with a massive rain weakness. Especially as you've ended up with something resembling bulky offense, you really want to be able to switch into attacks a bit more easily. You're also particularly weak to Keldeo, but other than that you're really not too far away from having a solid team.
First things first, you don't need Donphan. A spinner's handy, but it's by no means a necessity and at the moment the cost of having Donphan on your team vastly outweighs any benefit you get from being able to spin. You'll be much better off with a Latias instead of Donphan. If you use the Life Orb set from the analysis with Draco Meteor / Surf / Psyshock / Recover you'll get a decent Keldeo / rain check as well as adding a bit more offensive presence to your team.

Your other major problem is that you've got three CBers, two of which (Scizor and Tyranitar) fill similar roles. I'd suggest changing Tyranitar to a Scarf set, which will make dealing with fast Pursuit-weak pokemon (Starmie, Gengar, Latias, Latios) a lot easier and make your team a bit faster. If you don't like the sound of using a Scarf, you could go with an Expert Belt mixed set with Ice Beam instead to try and lure out Landorus-T and Hippowdon and set up a Terrakion sweep.

Other than that, a few nitpicks: Rotom and Scizor should have 248 HP and the extra 4 EVs thrown into another stat to make them take less damage from SR, and Garchomp shouldn't really be running a Focus Sash - that set's really suited to more offensive teams. If you give it a Rocky Helmet, you'll be able to deal with Jirachi and Scizor more easily. Rotom should probably be using WoW over TWave, especially as you aren't too worried about Latias/Latios on a team with TTar and Scizor and Ferrothorn could potentially be a bit annoying. Burn's always a useful thing to have too. You might also want to use Rock Slide over X-Scissor on Terrakion too, as it's not often that you'll come across a Celebi that you can't 2HKO with a rock attack. It's certainly more common for you to wish you didn't have to rely on SE hitting than for you to wish you could hit Celebi for 4x.

Also, side note: never use SR twice on the same team - it's a waste of a moveslot. If you're against a team with a spinner, you should bear that in mind and make sure you don't lose your SRer before you can guarentee rocks.

Good luck!
Nice rate here. Absolutely nice. You have a point of like having stealth rock being a waste of a moveslot, however reason why I did that because Stealth Rock is really important, and just in case if the opposing opponent has a rapid spinner. Also, reason why I didn't have like Will-o-wisp over Thunder Wave due to an obvious switch-in to Heatran.

SomeDrunkRockLee said:
Well, looking over this:

You have 2 fighting weak Pokemon here (Tyranitar and Terrakion), both of which are choiced. This would be fine, except you also have no fighting resistances. With three choice users, you're going to be relying on a lot of switching, but powerful attackers such as Keldeo, Opposing Terrakion, Toxicroak, and even lesser seen threats like Heracross and Mienshao can tear apart your team by switching in and spamming Close Combat/Secret Sword/Hi Jump Kick. Donphan can't reliably check these threats without any recovery (aside from leftovers) leaving you quite weak to repeated fighting assaults.

A fighting resist is crucial; Latias, as the person above me mentioned, could be a quite viable solution; I might go for the Sub-CM Variety, able to power its way through broken down teams and Stall much more easily. Sub-CM Latias also gives you a much nicer defensive presence.

If you're unwilling to sacrifice your spinner, I would at least use Tentacruel > Donphan. Tentacruel provides some physical bulk, and, crucially, a fighting resist. This also makes it a great switch in to Keldeo.

Sets:
Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Scald
- Protect
Lol, it seems that Latias is the number one recommended pokemon I should use on my Sand Team, and the most popular one to be mentioned for a Keldeo check. But, thanks for the sets anyway. Now I have like two checks for a rain team, Rotom-W and Tentacruel. So, what I did is that, I got rid of Garchomp, and replace it with Mamoswine, replacing Thunder Wave to Will-o-wisp on Rotom, Having Latias over Scizor using the Calm Mind set, changing the cb set of T-Tar over Choice Scarf (might change it to EBelt) and replacing Donphan over Tentacruel. Looks promising enough, don't you think?

Latias, can't use Stoutland or Sandslash over Garchomp or he would have no setup and FOUR choice users (unless he changes Ttar)
Oh and small grammar mistake: Sand Veil not Sand Viel

Last edited:
Latias, can't use Stoutland or Sandslash over Garchomp or he would have no setup and FOUR choice users (unless he changes Ttar)
Oh and small grammar mistake: Sand Veil not Sand Viel
Okay, I'll be honest right here. I didn't get what you were saying right here. You mean that Latias shouldn't be used over Stoutland?

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
dont use stoutland in a team with ttar. they have bad synergy cuz of their weaknesses. If you want stoutland, use hippodon instead to help cover it since its bulky.

Ok ok ok. When using Stoutland, you're not looking for defensive synergy. You are looking for a powerful late-game cleaner that relies on Tyrantitar's weather.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I can't identify why Donphan is on this team, you have Sr on Garchomp, and you can't really afford another water weakness on a team where rotom-w is the only resist. Personally I don't think your team needs a spinner at all, you have a high pressure volt-turn chain going, so I'm going to focus on that strategy in this rate.

As I said above, I don't think you need Donphan on this team, what would be nice is something that resists water and likes the opportunities a volt-turn core gives. The most basic volt-turn tactic in the book is CB Scizor+Lati@s. Scizor uses u-turn as they switch in a non-steel type, Lati@s fires off Draco Meteor, if they switch in a steel type CB Terrakion gets a free Close Combat. For your team I'd probably choose either Specs Latios or LO Latias w/roost, either will complete your teams volt-turn tactic. LO Starmie could also be used to resist water and get the rapid spin affects that donphan used to, however I don't feel a rapid spinner is needed for your team and LO hydro pump is significantly less threatening than Lati@s Draco Meteor.

Lastly consider surf or hp ice over fireblast on garchomp in order to hit landorus-t which will be more of a problem in Donpan's absence.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, so I'm here to rate your team.

Firstly I just wanna say that the lay out of your RMT looks awesome, and you can tell you've put a lot of effort into this. Anyway, by the looks of it this is generally a balanced Sand team, utilizing Scizor + Rotom-W to form a Volt-turn core, while Terrakion wall breaks, Tyranitar checks other weather teams, Garchomp is mainly your lead and SR user, and Donphan spins hazards away. Awesome.

However, I feel that there a a few weaknesses that you need to address. The first one is rain teams. Rain teams are very annoying for this team to face, as your only resist to Water type attacks is Rotom-W, who's kinda easy to wear down for rain teams. On the other hand, you have 3 Pokemon weak to water type attacks. Breloom is also a massive threat to you, as with it's STAB combination, it can really do a number on your team. I feel maybe there's some redundancy with 3 choice banded users, and I feel maybe Donphan shouldn't be on this team, as Garchomp is already setting up Rocks for you, and Donphan is just adding to the water weakness (and the grass weakness, but grass STAB is a lot less common). Sun teams can also be very problematic for you, as the combination if Fire + Grass hits your whole team bar Garchomp for super effective damage. I also feel this team is kinda slow, as you have no choice scarfer, Scizor is your only form of priority.

So, here are my suggestions.

1) Replace Terrakion with Choice Scarf Keldeo. Keldeo fits this team like a glove, as Terrakion eliminates most of it's counters (Latias, Jellicent, Celebi, etc). Keldeo also makes you much less weak to rain teams, and provides you with an awesome late game cleaner / revenge killer.

2) Replace Donphan with LO Latias. Latias is another check to rain teams, while it also allows you to check sun teams pretty nicely too. I don't feel Donphan was doing too much for your team, and Latias shares very nice synergy with the rest of the team.

Here are the sets.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

So Keldeo fits this team really nicely, as it checks rain teams, offers you a revenge killer, and has great synergy with the team. EVs are used to max speed and max special attack, allowing you to hit as hard and as fast as possible. Hydro Pump is STAB and hits very hard on neutral threats. Surf is a safer option if you don't need to power behind Hydro Pump, as it has consistent accuracy and power. Secret Sword is also STAB and allows you to annihilate most special walls, like Ferrothorn, Blissey, and SpDef Tyranitar. Finally, HP Ice allows you to revenge kill Dragon types like Dragonite, Salamence, and Latios.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Roost

Latias gives you an easier time vs. sun and rain teams thanks to Latias' excellent typing. EVs are used to max speed and max special attack, allowing you to hit as hard and as fast as possible. Draco Meteor is STAB, and hits nearly everything for great damage that doesn't resist it. Surf is coverage for steel types and Tyranitar that often come in on Draco Meteor. Psyshock is STAB and keeps Keldeo, Terrakion, and Breloom at bay. Finally, Roost keeps Latias at a nice percentage of health for the majority of the game, allowing you to switch into Keldeo and Breloom pretty consistently.

Well there's my rate. I hope my suggestions helped you and good luck in the future with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)