1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Returning to Our Roots NOC Mafia - GAME OVER: The Mafia Wins

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Walrein, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Spiffy

Spiffy

Sorry, I looked up WIFOM and still don't understand the meaning of it...
  2. Walrein

Walrein

An example of WIFOM:

It's night, and the doctor is trying to decide who to protect. A town power role is out.

He could assume that the mafia would try to kill the power role, and so he protects said power role.

However, he could assume that the mafia will expect him to protect the power role and will try to kill a random, so he protects a random person.

However, he could assume that the mafia will expect him to think that he would be on a random, and fire at said power role, so he protects the power role.

And so on and so forth.
  3. khz

khz

Just going through the thread again, but is there a way to just view a single person's posts instead of wading through the thread to find them?

VOTE TALLY

Metal Bagon (2): Aura Guardian, New World Order
    TalkingLion (1): zorbees
    Orcinus Duo (1): kingofkongs
    Mithril (5): Aura Guardian, Empoof, Paperbalde, Ocrinus Duo, Maxim
    pokemaniac212 (1): Ditto
    auramaster (1): Spiffy

Let me know if I got anything wrong.
  4. Da Letter El

Da Letter El Officially internet famous
    is a Forum Moderator

near the top, there should be a thing that says "search this thread."

click that, and then click on "advanced search."

type in the user name whose posts you want to look at under "search by user name."

profit
  5. khz

khz

Thanks.

EDIT:

Lynch Nightmare Jigglypuff for 2 reasons:

1) He's been inactive
    2) His one post was pretty flawed

IMO seems more efficient to pressure more information from someone who seemed suspicious from his one post rather than pressure information from someone who will post and then may or may not sound suspicious.
  6. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

I would greatly appreciate more posting by Metal Bagon defending his actions. Until closer to deadline, though, Vote auramaster since he's not posted here since Spiffy voted him.
  7. auramaster

auramaster

Sorry, busy IRL today and last night, don't have time to post my thoughts on everyone right now, hopefully I'll be back online before deadline.
  8. Orcinus Duo

Orcinus Duo

Wtf@mithril wagon

Unvote: Vote Kok for obvious reasons. Were you trolling?
  9. Nightmare Jigglypuff

Nightmare Jigglypuff

Ack, sorry for being inactive, lots of irl stuff and i'm almost always busy on weekends.

khz, at the risk of sounding even more scummy, i'm clean. I also apologize for the post as it was a bit unpolished. Basically, i believe that Empoof is clean since this would be his first NOC game and he might have thought that NL was a good idea. So i would recommend you take your lynch off of me and vote for other scummy sounding people.
  10. Empoof

Empoof

[​IMG]
    I have class all day, I'll probably be on like an hour before deadline.
  11. Spiffy

Spiffy

I think our problem is that we're getting way too many "noob town"/mafia reads, which means that the person in question is either being really stupid or is mafia. Unfortunately it's very hard to tell the two apart and only past experience can give us a hint.

So far my noob town reads are:
    -Mithril
    -Metal Bagon
    -Maxim
    -pokemaniac 212
    -TalkingLion
    Please don't take offense to this, I just feel that you guys have never played NOC before and aren't used to it. Out of these five, the most scummy to me are Maxim and Mithril because they really only contributed to the discussion when provoked and pressured to do so. But if I had to guess a mafia team as of right now, I probably wouldn't use these users. I am against lynching any of these users for now unless someone can bring up some excellent evidence against them.

Of the players in the game right now, I would be behind lynching any of the following:

-Aura Guardian: Although I don't fully trust Orcinus Duo 100%, Aura Guardian seems way too defensive with his posts, and this post really sold me:
    To me this post came off as if Aura Guardian was happy that I shifted the attention from him to someone else. Orcinus Duo has already brought up any other things working against Aura Guardian so I'll move on.

-Nightmare Jigglypuff: The main thing that gets me with NJ isn't just his defensiveness of Empoof, but also his reluctance to even propose a better target or even his thoughts. He defends Empoof with shoddy reasoning and just leaves it at that.
    The bolded areas are what caught my eye. And again NJ has failed to provide any other options or thoughts, he just wants to make sure that he isn't lynched... The only reason I'm hesitant on a NJ lynch is that some of his actions could fit a "noob town" read as well, but NJ's insistance of even having one vote on him worries me.

-kingofkongs: Mostly because I have never seen kingofkongs ever lurk in a game and just troll it. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) He could be a very valuable villager and his refusal to even post in the thread and answer my question to him makes me question if he is even a villager at all!

As of right now my final vote will be for Nightmare Jigglypuff. If someone brings up a better target of course my vote will be subject to change. Remember, if you vote for someone, it would be nice to provide some reason as well as other possibilities for the lynch today. Thanks guys!
  12. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

I was defensive because Orcinus Duo was more aggressive than I've seen for quite some time. And happy that you shifted the attention away? Who wouldn't be happy to have the pressure moved over to someone else off of themself? I'm fairly sure that if OD had been pressuring you and I'd changed the subject, you'd have been happy, too.
  13. Orcinus Duo

Orcinus Duo

AG can't be noob town, am i right?
  14. Empoof

Empoof

Updated Vote Talley, if i'm correct:
    Metal Bagon (1): New World Order
    Mithril (1): Maxim
    Kingofkongs (4): Empoof, Spiffy, Orcinus Duo, Aura Guardian

we have about 30 minutes until deadline iirc

Aura Guardian has talked about how he's played NOC mafia before iirc, i'll edit in the post if i find it.
    Edit:
    If anything lets avoid a tie with these vote changes hmmmm
  15. Spiffy

Spiffy

I'm pretty certain there are only like 2 votes on Mithril now because some people edited the bold out.
  16. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

1) You listed me as still voting mithril and Metal Bagon; I'm currently voting auramaster IIRC
    2) I've HOSTED one, played in von's Troll NOC (doesn't really count) and the not-so-serious one hosted on the Mafia Mafia 2 boards.
  17. Empoof

Empoof

farts. people should have posted unvotes then :/

i juts c&p'd khz's list and moved your vote basically. also theres a vote on kok as well

LOL vote tally is wrong so sue me. I'll fix it :/

Should be fixed. We DO NOT need a tie right now so let's be decisive people.
  18. Walrein

Walrein

I'll fix it if I have the time (tallies are my job punks)
  19. Orcinus Duo

Orcinus Duo

Let's just lynch Kok. He's not a noob town, so he's whether scum or trolling. So scumflip or a policy lynch. Really sounds good to me.

Kok over the others because I know he's not noob town, while that cannot be said for the others.
  20. Empoof

Empoof

By (what i'm pretty sure is right? haha i'm going crazy right now...) the vote talley, if i change my vote it'll be a tie and that is not beneficial to the village. So let's see some serious bandwagoning
  21. Spiffy

Spiffy

Orcinus Duo why don't you want to lynch Nightmare Jigglypuff?
  22. Orcinus Duo

Orcinus Duo

23. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

Metal Bagon (1): New World Order
    Mithril (3): Empoof, Paperblade, Maxim
    auramaster (1): Aura Guardian
    Kingofkongs (1): Orcinus Duo
    Nightmare Jigglypuff (1): Spiffy

I'm game to change my vote to any of the underlined

EDIT: if there's a good reason for the vote suddenly shifting over to them!

EDIT 2: and on that list I gave that Empoof is quoting, I forgot e) this is the first time I've ever been a villager in NOC
  24. Orcinus Duo

Orcinus Duo

I love how AG caught his own scumtell while I was writing up something bashing him for it.

FoS is still on AG, but let's swriously lynch Kok. Noob town/scum is cruddy so let's avoid it.
  25. Walrein

Walrein

Extending deadline another half-hour for now since you guys seem almost decided.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)