Reuniclus (Analysis)

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Now that V-create is released, I believe Victini deserves a mention as a check (just one sentence, really). It can switch into any Reuniclus lacking Shadow Ball and OHKO with a Choice Banded V-create (or just kill something else if Reuniclus switches out). Up to you, I guess, people might want to ban it later =D.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Now that V-create is released, I believe Victini deserves a mention as a check (just one sentence, really). It can switch into any Reuniclus lacking Shadow Ball and OHKO with a Choice Banded V-create (or just kill something else if Reuniclus switches out). Up to you, I guess, people might want to ban it later =D.
well wouldnt he be a counter to cm rank then because he can switch in? also v-create better not be banned its not even that op... but i dont think we are supposed to talk about that here

thanks fatecrashers and zy for helping a lost soul like me with your grammar prowess. i also added a sentence on victini, so good call shrang. i'm done aaaaaaaaaaa

The standard Conkeldurr (Brave with 0 Speed IV) has 85 Speed. I recommend using a Bold Nature with 19 Speed IVs on the first set (and possibly the third set as well). Reuniclus is going to have 84 Speed, which is enough to be outsped by Conkeldurr's Payback while keeping as much Speed as possible.

TL;DR: 1st and 3rd set -> 19 Speed IV (for Conkeldurr's Payback).

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Zy, sandstorm should not have been capitalized in the Overview. It would have only been capitalized if it meant the move Sandstorm, but in this case, it was simply talking about sandstorm damage.

It's the same for hail, rain, and sun.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Zy, sandstorm should not have been capitalized in the Overview. It would have only been capitalized if it meant the move Sandstorm, but in this case, it was simply talking about sandstorm damage.

It's the same for hail, rain, and sun.
and this, children is why we have two grammar checks instead of one per article.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I didn't see it in AC, so I thought it might be worth mentioning HP Fire for offensive TR set. Although Tyranitar does wall you, this eliminates Scizor much easier and such. Just thought it might deserve a little mention.

I know you're already finished with this dude but I wanted to post this. I've been runnin' with this guy, and had a lot of rage quits because of 'em:

[SET]
name: WALL-E Clus
move 1: Acid Armor / Focus Blast
move 2: Calm Mind
move 3: Recover
move 4: Shadow Ball
item: Leftovers
ability: Magic Guard
nature: Calm/Bold
evs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 126 SpD

I know you're already finished with this dude but I wanted to post this. I've been runnin' with this guy, and had a lot of rage quits because of 'em:

[SET]
name: WALL-E Clus
move 1: Acid Armor / Focus Blast
move 2: Calm Mind
move 3: Recover
move 4: Shadow Ball
item: Leftovers
nature: Calm/Bold
evs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 126 SpD
Looks too much like the Calm Mind set and in play works just like it if maybe a little worse due to lack of defense investments and possible lack of FB and stab psychic. If you run Acid armor then TTar wrecks you as well as many other dark pokemon, if you run FB then you are just running an inferior CM set than the one already posted like I mentioned.

My two cents.

Looks too much like the Calm Mind set and in play works just like it if maybe a little worse due to lack of defense investments and possible lack of FB and stab psychic. If you run Acid armor then TTar wrecks you as well as many other dark pokemon, if you run FB then you are just running an inferior CM set than the one already posted like I mentioned.

My two cents.
I definitely see what you're saying. My inspiration mostly came from the fact that I ran a similar play style with Registeel last gen with great success.

He did have the fortune of being a Steel type and having wack-tastical defenses, but the concept was the same here, basically. This one at least has the fortune of getting HP back without suffering a few blows.

The danger of TTar is pretty rough though. Reflect support definitely helps, though.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
[SET]
name: Cell Wall *shot*
move 1: Psychic / Psyshock
move 2: Light Screen
move 3: Reflect
move 4: Recover
item: Light Clay
nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Conventional wisdom suggests that the best screeners are fast. This set throws that out the window. Reuniclus has great defensive capability to begin with, and the given EV spread ensures that our little friend will be around to support the team for a long time - especially once Recover is factored in. Given a base 125 SpAtk stat, it can still hit non-resistors fairly hard even without any EV investment, so Reuniclus can hold its own in a pinch, although this variant should still be played as a defender/supporter first - otherwise, you'd be better off with the Calm Mind set. While Reflect and Light Screen go a long way toward mitigating resistances, you still have to be wary of Tyranitar and its ilk. Moreover, anything with Taunt will shut you down completely. Skarmory and any Dark-type Taunters deserve a special mention here, since any Reuniclus that stays in will be reduced to pulling out its nonexistent hair in frustration. As for partners, strong attackers are recommended - tanks like Boah will become insanely good when hidden behind screens, and frail sweepers gain survivability they would otherwise never had. This set is kind of unorthodox, but I recommend you try it - this little guy worked wonders for my team.

I am currently using this set:

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
IV's: 31/30/31/30/31/2 (70 BP HP Fire)

This thing can lure and OHKO both Scizor and Tyranitar. That's basicly all I'm using it for. (the team it's in is based around CMLatias)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)