CAP 2 Revenankh Playtesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Skarm will block a sweep, but as you agree if it is last Pokemon it will beat Skarm.
Yes, but last Pokemon are much more messed up by a lot of other things, so that doesn't really help the problem, it merely moves it over to a different category. Admittedly, Revenankh is pretty good at being a last Pokemon, being immune to Explosion, access to Shadow Sneak before Destiny Bond and generally being a pain to take down. However, Perish Song will now mean Revenankh loses always unless it kills everything before its 3 turns are up. Leech Seed no longer forces it to switch, but to die pretty much (or at least, it will have significantly more trouble...enough for Skarmory to stall it and try to CH with Brave Bird, for one). It can no longer back out of Togekiss, Yanmega and friends.

It is kind of silly to take last-Pokemon into account for everything, considering a last Pokemon is a whole new package. You could mention in the analysis but...I already wrote an article about it, so I'm like whatever. If Revenankh is the last Pokemon I already killed five opponents, and usually when that happens I am already winning.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes, but last Pokemon are much more messed up by a lot of other things, so that doesn't really help the problem, it merely moves it over to a different category. Admittedly, Revenankh is pretty good at being a last Pokemon, being immune to Explosion, access to Shadow Sneak before Destiny Bond and generally being a pain to take down. However, Perish Song will now mean Revenankh loses always unless it kills everything before its 3 turns are up. Leech Seed no longer forces it to switch, but to die pretty much (or at least, it will have significantly more trouble...enough for Skarmory to stall it and try to CH with Brave Bird, for one). It can no longer back out of Togekiss, Yanmega and friends.
and... what Pokemon use Perish Song? admittedly Leach Seed is more of a problem, but then you need 2 Pokemon one to LS it and one to stall it for a crit and stop it from setting up 6 BUs. If you have a Togekiss/Yanmega you don't need to use Skarm as a counter. I know its not totally normal, but its very possible to set it up so your last Pokemon is Revenankh is last and if you do so Skarm will not stop him.

It is kind of silly to take last-Pokemon into account for everything, considering a last Pokemon is a whole new package. You could mention in the analysis but...I already wrote an article about it, so I'm like whatever. If Revenankh is the last Pokemon I already killed five opponents, and usually when that happens I am already winning.
really? I often fine my matches going down to 1-1 , 1-2, or 1-3 at that stage its about what Pokemon you have left and if I have the right Pokemon left (gogo Sash TG Syclant, I can't count the number of comebacks it has given me) comebacks are possible.
I do agree that under normal circumstances Skarm will word as a decent counter, but if played right (saved till the end of the match if you know Skarm is their only counter) Revenankh will beat it.

and... what Pokemon use Perish Song?
Celebi does, and if Revenankh is really as threatening as you try to display as last Pokemon, more Pokemon would use it.

admittedly Leach Seed is more of a problem, but then you need 2 Pokemon one to LS it and one to stall it for a crit and stop it from setting up 6 BUs. If you have a Togekiss/Yanmega you don't need to use Skarm as a counter.
Good thing we are talking about (Whirlwind) Skarmory vs Revenankh, so you do indeed have him to stall crits.

but if played right
If Revenankh can be played right, then it would be unfair to assume Skarmory is not played right. So now the Skarmory player can simply spam residual damage on Revenankh's friends, while blowing off Revenankh when he sees it, while making sure it is not the last one remaining.

Again, case in point, last Pokemon Revenankh is better off against Skarmory, but the team overall is worse off (all of them are dead), and Revenankh himself becomes more vulnerable to a lot of things. Just not phazing.

I'm a little late, but lately in the past 2 days, I've become reinterested in the CAP program and have been testing weather and Revenankh. It helped me win a mini-tournament there with ease. My analysis is as follows:

Scarfed Togekiss is the best way to counter both new pokemon, and revenge Scylant. Hell, any Togekiss beats Rev to oblivion, as it can easily take a Hammer Arm, but most of the time will come out unscathed.

Rev's priority on my team hasn't really been to sweep, but to support the team thanks to the alarming amount of threats it can scare off. It is THE best rapid spin blocker, as it can come in on both Forry, and Starmie, and threaten a set up with ease. It counters Swords Dancing Lucario quite well, and is a decent switch into Heracross. It also can scare off Tyranitar quite well.

Shed Skin + Rest vs. Moonlight + Air Lock - In my testing, Shedrest is better because he can absorb status well, however again this is the best option if sweeping is an afterthought.

I ended up using Shadow Sneak and Brick Break for attacks, mainly because I hate hammer arm's imperfect accuracy, less PP, and the speed drop. Brick Break helps me beat bulky waters, tear down the occaional screens, and use Vaporeon as set-up fodder while she wishes. Shadow Sneak is very useful priority as well, and I found it most common on others over Shadow Punch.

Was also intrigued in the number of people so willing to engage in Bulk up wars as well!

Hope that was helpful.

One of my favorite ways to kill Revenankh, I've found, is Heracross.

Flame Orb Heracross with Close Combat, Megahorn, Swords Dance, and Shadow Claw. Essentially the standard Flame Orb Heracross with Shadow Claw over Facade.

I've seen my Heracross deal upwards of 94% to a Revenankh with Shadow Claw even after a Bulk Up, and as Jolly at that. I'd almost certainly net OHKOs with Adamant.

And soooo many people switch Revenankh into Heracross thinking of it as set up bait, it's absolutely hilarious.

Gyarados with Taunt stops Rev dead in its tracks. The intimidate and decent defensive capabilities Gyarados has makes him the almost perfect Rev counter. Taunt stops him from using Bulk Up + Rest and Dragon Dance away as the main moves Rev uses is Shadow Sneak and Hammer Arm but they don't do much damage towards Gyara. I've also seen Wobba do alright on him. He can take a couple of Shadow Sneaks and Encore his Bulk Up/Shadow Sneak/ etc. And bring out a counter to that. (Tyranitar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)