Revenankh Playtesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

For more info on Revenankh, click the picture.

PLAYTESTING INTRODUCTION

This thread marks the beginning of the second period of playtesting for the first six CAPs (Syclant, Revenankh, Pyroak, Fidgit, Stratagem, Arghonaut).

The Revenankh Playtesting ladder will replace the Syclant Playtest ladder for the next 10 days, allowing us to test Revenankh in isolation against the Platinum OU environment. Ladder ratings will NOT be reset. Here are the current standings (taken at the time of posting):

Playtest Leaderboard
-------------------------------------------
1. REYSCARFACE (1,663.38) Go South!
2. FUZZNIP (1,649.51)
3. LADDAH (1,641.34)
4. CLOUDY DAY BLUES (1,613.93)
5. MINETFIBER (1,497.49)
6. ZARATOR (1,492.45)
7. BEEJ (1,490.81)
8. BAD KARMA (1,479.07)
9. MR.DARKRAI (1,455.89)
10. BW (1,453.18)
11. UMBREON DAN (1,431.31)
12. FLOE (1,419.63)
13. PLUS (1,413.16)
14. GEN. EMPOLEON (1,412.00)
15. FIREBURN (1,400.22)

Don't be intimidated by these numbers, though. If you know OU, and you are willing to experiment with Revenankh -- then you should do just fine.

This thread will serve as home base for sharing playtesting information about Revenankh. Post comments advice, movesets, strategies, etc. If you post long battle logs and or teams, please enclose them in CODE tags. We encourage people to post their teams here, for those that don't want to make full RMTs. Just a couple of sentences per Pokemon will do fine, explaining what it does for the team and why you chose it. Nothing fancy is required.

At the end of the playtesting period (August 29th), the most proficient battlers on the Playtesting ladder will be awarded with Custom Titles to represent their achievements. Remember to stay active throughout the majority of the playtesting period, not just at the end. The method of selecting those who qualify for the CT has not been decided yet; however, EXP with the CAPs could be a major factor.

At the end of each CAP's playtesting period, a thread will be posted where an analysis will be drafted based off experiences with the CAP.

CAP9 will be started as soon as possible, please don't ask about it.

PLAYTESTING SCHEDULE

Syclant: Friday, June 26th - Sunday, July 5th
Ladder Change: Monday, July 6th

Revenankh: Tuesday, July 7th - Thursday, July 16th <- You are here.
Ladder Change: Friday, July 17th
Pyroak: Saturday, July 18th - Monday, July 27th
Ladder Change: Tuesday, July 28th
Fidgit: Wednesday, July 29th - Friday, August 7th
Ladder Change: Saturday, August 8th
Stratagem: Sunday, August 9th - Tuesday, August 18th
Ladder Change: Wednesday, August 19th
Arghonaut: Thursday, August 20th - Saturday, August 29th

The ladder is now open, have fun people!

As previously known, there is one Revenankh set that outdoes all others in every single way. This is the Bulk Up set mentioned in the analysis already, and it is the only set I've seen so far.

move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Shadow Sneak
move 3: Hammer Arm
move 4: Rest
item: Leftovers
ability: Shed Skin
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Actually i have been using a Revenankh lead to great success in the ladder. It simply beats every other lead out there, though it has to be careful since it can be fodder for things like Salamence or Gyarados.

Revenankh (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 196 HP/212 Atk/80 Def/20 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Shadow Sneak
- Hammer Arm
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

EVs make you never 2HKOd by Meteor Mash, Fire Blast, never OHKOd by Psychic from max Azelf.
Power Whip is an OHKO in Swampert, and Hippowdon loses like 48% if its maxed in HP and Defense. EQ has a big chance to 2HKO Metagross, while still hammering leads like Roserade and other steels. Hammer Arm is a STAB that OHKOs Heatran, and is helpful for Aerodactyl, Tyranitar and Abomasnow. Shadow Sneak is 2HKO on Azelf, Starmie and other frail Psychics, while it works as your Sashers finisher too.

Revenank's most common move in its set would probably be Bulk Up, but this time, I wanted to change that and try different types of sets without it. So, Revenankh has plenty of support moves it can use, so I decided to make a support set.

EVs: 252 HP/202 Def/56 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Knock Off / Shadow Punch
- Mean Look
- Toxic
- Rest

This set attempts to trap something that Revenankh can take on by itself like Swampert and Celebi, and proceed to poison them with Toxic and to stall them out with Rest. Knock Off is also a decent move to have since it can knock off Leftovers from a tank/wall or knock off Choice items. Shadow Punch/Hammer Arm are other options. Shadow Punch allows you hit Gengar, but Hammer Arm allows you to nail Lucario, both of which resist Toxic.

It's not that bad of a set, the EVs may need a bit of a reworking, but Rev would definitely like to go more on the Defensive side.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've been using Bulk Up / Sub / Focus Punch / Shadow Sneak with EVs for subs not to be broken by Swampert EQs after 1 BU or 236 SpA Surfs (or other base 95 attacks) before. It hasn't been working very well though. :(

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've been using Taunt/DD/Bounce Gyarados as a lead just to shut down Rev leads and fit it somewhere in my team without sacrificing a member. It's a decent enough lead on its own, but it loses to Endeavor Infernape, Explosion Azelf, and Aerodactyl.

The metagame is SubCM Raikou weak, as I pointed out in a match vs reachzero yesterday. I updated one of my first Revenankh teams, and it's been working great. Raikou really messes up a ton of stuff (thanks Bullet Punch resistance!) I just hated being Gyarados weak. I'm not going to reveal the rest of my team, but I will say I'm testing CB Revenankh and its not going so great. It just doesn't hit hard enough at all.

Am I the only person who uses air lock + moonlight over shed skin + rest? Although less pp hurts in a stall war and no status removal can suck, the fact that I never put my self to sleep (and with almost a 50% chance of him sleeping for both turns, it's just too dangerous) is better in my opinion.

It's just better to be able to take status than to be immune to weather and not put yourself to sleep. Besides, Revenankh is like Suicune, even if it sleeps for two full turns, it's bulky enough to handle it. With Shed Skin, you don't have to worry about random burns from Heatran or Infernape (two Pokemon that Revenankh does quite well against) or Toxic from Blissey (which ShedRev can set-up on).

Moonlight isn't quite as bad now as it was when Fidgit was laying Toxic Spikes everywhere, but it still pales in comparison to Shed Skin. Status immunity is awesome.

Revenank's most common move in its set would probably be Bulk Up, but this time, I wanted to change that and try different types of sets without it. So, Revenankh has plenty of support moves it can use, so I decided to make a support set.

EVs: 252 HP/202 Def/56 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Knock Off / Shadow Punch
- Mean Look
- Toxic
- Rest

This set attempts to trap something that Revenankh can take on by itself like Swampert and Celebi, and proceed to poison them with Toxic and to stall them out with Rest. Knock Off is also a decent move to have since it can knock off Leftovers from a tank/wall or knock off Choice items. Shadow Punch/Hammer Arm are other options. Shadow Punch allows you hit Gengar, but Hammer Arm allows you to nail Lucario, both of which resist Toxic.

It's not that bad of a set, the EVs may need a bit of a reworking, but Rev would definitely like to go more on the Defensive side.
I've been using this set as well, and as Fuzznip said it is able to outstall the most common walls in the OU division. I found that SuBCM Jirachi is a great Revenankh, and so is DD Taunt Gyara.

SubCM Jirachi can sweep entire teams in the current metagame, like how tennis states that about Raikou. Many teams I've faced are SubCM weak, and most of my teams are weak to it to. Revenankh gets beat hard by Jirachi and it can't really do much to it since it will easily die from Psychic.

If you don't pack a SubCM Jirachi/Raikou counter, prepare to smell defeat.

I'm going to try testing Revenankh on a stall team and see how it goes from there. Will post observations later.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Beej and I are testing out Knock Off Revenankh, and I must say it is really cool when stuff like Skarmory switch into it, only to get a Shed Shell Knocked Off. I find this a great oppurtunity to bring in Magnezone to kill it off, Forretress being the same. Psychic Celebi and CM Jirachi really pull off amazing shit in this metagame too.

Why has every latias I have seen set up reflect?
Snorlax is a better choice than blissey for a speciel wall, cause bliss can't break jirachi's subs after a calm mind or two...

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I've seen a tone of togekiss's which kinda sucks cause my team is both rev weak and togekiss weak...
edit:
Well he makes a pretty good bulk-up rev counter with air slash hax.

I'm running a stall team and psychic starmie makes a great spinner. With Revenankh being so popular as a spin-blocker (no weakness to pursuit is great) psychic is working wonders, as Plus said.

I've been testing a set I've seen someone use, and it has been doing ok. It acts a bit like SubCM Pokemon, but it uses Bulk Up instead.

EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Substitute

The set has some obvious flaws, the biggest one is that Drain Punche's maximum PP reaches 8, which is quite disappointing. Since it can switch into a wide variety of special based threats thanks to its decent SpD stat, it can set up an unbreakable Sub and proceed to start gaining some Bulk Ups. It hasn't been as successful as I thought it would be, but it does work occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)