Revenankh Sprite Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very often when I come into a battle with an enemy Revenankh, or if I use my own Revenankh, a strange dark blue box surrounds the sprite, and even some other sprites.

Is anybody else having this problem? I'd really like to know what I can do about it. =/

Edit: Showed it happening to my own Revenankh

KoA

The very best...
is an Artist Alumnus
I find it funny that the sprites remembered the base background color I used to make them in. :/

Other than that, this is weird to me.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
CAP Leader
It may be a problem with the color palette. All the normal game PNG's have 8-bit color. KoA's have 24-bit color. I'm looking into various PNG converters to clean this up.

DougJustDoug

is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
CAP Leader
Can someone else look into this problem? I've got several other things going on and I think there are other people on this project that know about sprites and images and might be able to fix the issue. Here's a sprite that is known to be causing some problems:

probably depends on whatever the image reading thing the java is using some can handle transparent colors others can not

DougJustDoug

CAP Leader
OK, we've fixed the problem. Something was wrong with the transparency on some of the sprites. On Obi's suggestion, I redid the transparency in Photoshop, and that seemed to do the trick.

If anyone is experiencing the problems described in this thread, please re-install the sprites using the CAP Sprite Updater. Instructions can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.