1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Revenankh Sprite Problems

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by Beej, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Beej

Beej
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Very often when I come into a battle with an enemy Revenankh, or if I use my own Revenankh, a strange dark blue box surrounds the sprite, and even some other sprites.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is anybody else having this problem? I'd really like to know what I can do about it. =/

Edit: Showed it happening to my own Revenankh
  2. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

looks like the shiny sprite doesnt have transparency set correctly

edit: apparently its like that for non-shiny too..
  3. KoA

KoA The very best...
    is an Artist Alumnus

I find it funny that the sprites remembered the base background color I used to make them in. :/

Other than that, this is weird to me.
  4. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

It may be a problem with the color palette. All the normal game PNG's have 8-bit color. KoA's have 24-bit color. I'm looking into various PNG converters to clean this up.
  5. DougJustDoug

is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

Can someone else look into this problem? I've got several other things going on and I think there are other people on this project that know about sprites and images and might be able to fix the issue. Here's a sprite that is known to be causing some problems:

[​IMG]
  6. _Sparkball606_

_Sparkball606_

Weird, this didn't happen for me,it ran smoothly.
  7. Amelia

Amelia

Dark blue on both mine and opponents, for Shiny as well.
  8. alive

alive
    is a Past WCoP Winner

i've had it happen with both revvy and syclant, shiny and non. could it be with the new way the sprites are downloaded?
  9. AJC

AJC

probably depends on whatever the image reading thing the java is using some can handle transparent colors others can not
  10. KoA

KoA The very best...
    is an Artist Alumnus

If need be, i can go back and manually redo the background transparency colors to stark white or something
  11. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Actually, the sprite is displaying badly in the Pokedex thread as well.
  12. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I have never had these problems, is this still occurring for some people?
  13. david stone

david stone Fast-moving, smart, sexy and alarming.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

If the problem is that it's a 24 bit .png instead of 8 bit, here's an 8 bit version. This also has the nice side-effect of being a bit smaller than your image with no loss of data.

[​IMG]

I don't see a problem in that thread.
  14. DougJustDoug

CAP Leader

OK, we've fixed the problem. Something was wrong with the transparency on some of the sprites. On Obi's suggestion, I redid the transparency in Photoshop, and that seemed to do the trick.

If anyone is experiencing the problems described in this thread, please re-install the sprites using the CAP Sprite Updater. Instructions can be found here.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)