1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Revenge of Kyrurem-B (WiFi OU Team)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by PsYkIk, Dec 24, 2012.

1. PsYkIk

PsYkIk

Hello Smogon, I'm here to present my first RMT that I've thought of from scratch. I've thought of this team while looking at a certain pokemon that i thought deserved more use, but I have never seen used alot in competitive battling. That pokemon, of course, is Kyurem-B. (In case the title didn't give it away already). I was interested in Kyurem-B even before it existed! I always thought that Kyurem needed something badass to make it stand out and not be so...UU. Then came along Black and White 2. With it two new forms for our UU friend, Kyurem. Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W were introduced to the world and they boast the strongest Outrage and Draco Meteor in the game. Kyurem-W was so OP that it went to Ubers. Kyruem-B, with its less usable movepool, stayed in OU.
    Now, Kyurem has the power to destroy everything and prove that it isn't a laughingstock.

Team Building Process
    Team Building Process (open)
    [​IMG] Of course we are going to start with Kyurem-B. I decided to run a choice scarf since a +nature and 252 EVs makes his attack hit an astronomical 482.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] Kyurem-B really appreciates having rocks spun away (that 2x weakness doesn't help) and appreciates hazards of his own, so Tentacruel and Ferrothorn fill these great niches.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Next i needed someone who can send rocks of his own and still deal alot of damage. Landorus-T fufills this niche greatly, as well being able to take a few physical attacks as well thanks to Intimidate.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] Now I just need a pair of special sweepers. Alakazam and Keldeo work really well and can hit like a truck.
    Team Building Process (open)

[​IMG]Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
    Naughty Nature
    - Fusion Bolt
    - Outrage
    - Ice Beam
    - Dragon Claw

Holy hell, I love this set. Since this thing is barely used and since it has a pretty good movepool, most people don't know what to expect. More than often, I see opponents try to paralyze or burn me, and end up being destroyed by an Outrage coming off a monstrous 482 attack. Fusion Bolt and Outrage are staples of this set. Dragon Claw are for those moments when I don't want to be locked into Outrage. Ice Beam provides a decent secondary STAB and can hit physical walls decently.

[​IMG] Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 240 Def / 252 HP / 16 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Scald

Tentacruel does a great role by spinning away hazards that would threaten my Kyurem-B, since it cannot switch in repeatedly if there is rocks or spikes on the field. Tentacruel spins away hazards while providing some of its own. Scald is for a decent STAB and that burn rate is always useful. Giga Drain is there for recovery and to hit pokemon such as Quagsire and Gastradon for decent damage.

[​IMG]Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature
    - Spikes
    - Thunder Wave
    - Leech Seed
    - Power Whip

This thing can be very annoying when used correctly. Spikes means that I can set up more hazards of my own. Thunder Wave is for those moments when a pokemon thinks he can set up on me and ends up being crippled for the entire match. Leech Seed is there for stalling out Dragons. Power Whip is so it doesn't become Taunt bait.

[​IMG]Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - U-turn
    - Stone Edge

Landorus-T is used on almost every team I see, and for good reason. That 140 base attack means that it can fire off EQs and Stone Edges like no one's business. U-Turn allows for scouting and hits Lati@s pretty hard. Stealth Rocks sets up...rocks. No explanation should be needed there. Intimidate is also very useful against the plethora of fighting types in OU. Many times have I had opponents switch into Landorus-T...only to be KOed by an extremely powerful EQ.

[​IMG] Alakazam @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Calm Mind

While Alakazam may never return to his glory days of Gen 1 (damm those 50/45/85 defenses), Gen 5 certainly tries by giving Alakazam an incredibly friggin broken ability called Magic Guard. This means no Life Orb recoil, which means it hits so much harder. Its speed is nothing to scoff at as well since it can 1HKO-2HKO alot of things. If it gets a Calm Mind boost, almost nothing can take it down.

[​IMG]Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Secret Sword
    - Hydro Pump
    - Calm Mind
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

This little pony is certainly no slouch either! A rain-boosted Hydro Pump hits like a truck to anything that doesn't resist it extremely hard. Even pokemon that do resist Hydro Pump are either hit hard by Secret Sword, by HP Grass, or Hydro Pump does enough damage to 2HKO it. This thing is a great rain counter and takes out alot of rain abusers.

Importable
    Importable (open)
    Alakazam @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Calm Mind

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
    Naughty Nature
    - Fusion Bolt
    - Outrage
    - Ice Beam
    - Dragon Claw

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature
    - Spikes
    - Thunder Wave
    - Leech Seed
    - Power Whip

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - U-turn
    - Stone Edge

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Secret Sword
    - Hydro Pump
    - Calm Mind
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 240 Def / 252 HP / 16 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Scald

2. ala

ala
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Hey there, cool team!

Politoed

I don't know if this was on purpose or not, but your team can actually take full advantage of Rain without missing a beat! So the first thing I'd suggest is using Politoed over Alakazam. Zam is the most replaceable member of your team and the rest really benefit from the Rain. You should try this set:

Politoed @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Surf / Hydro Pump
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast

With this set, you won't miss the power of Alakazam. Surf is preferred for the better accuracy, but Hydro Pump is an option if you want more power. Psychic is for Keldeo and Toxicroak. Focus Blast hits Ferrothorn and Ice Beam is an all around great move for Toed to have.

Small Changes

• Also, on Tentacruel, try out Protect over Giga Drain. This will also give you added recovery, especially in the Rain. Gastrodon and Quagsire aren't a problem with Toxic Spikes anyway.
    • For Ferrothorn give it the 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Sp.Def spread with an Impish Nature. You don't lose too much Physical bulk, but you'll be able to take strong Special Attacks better.
    • Since you're using the Physically defensive set on Landorus-T, you should use a more defensive spread. Use 252 HP / 252 Def with an Impish nature.

Well I hope I helped you out, best of luck with the team!
  3. Ginku

Ginku Farbenprächtig
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Agreeing with most of ala's changes, and to address other issues:

Assuming its focus blasts hit, special Landorus basically runs right through your team since nothing can switch into it safely; if it gets a rock polish the game is basically over if ferrothorn and keldeo are only slightly weakened. Another problem is that the team lacks a flying resist, making it weak to Tornadus-Bird. To help with both of these, I suggest replacing Keldeo with Rotom-W, who can take care of either one for a good amount of time, although it needs to watch out for focus blasts. The team should be a lot more solid with these changes, but if you come up with another way to handle those two and end up keeping Keldeo, you should definitely change its hidden power to either Dark, Electric or Ice, since the first two hit jellicent, Grass' most important target, as well as either Latias/Latios and Gyarados, while Ice hits any dragons that resist your STABs.

Good luck

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)