Revenge of the underated

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
After lurking around the forums for a long time and looking at forum statistics I realized that rayquaza had decreased in usage since DPP <.< THE MOST DEADLY SWEEPER IN UBERS IS USED BELOW A FERROTHORN ._. When I saw this statistic I had the urge to make a team solely based around this. And hence came the team based around a mad weather stopping killer, with pokes that some don't even see in ubers. This team does need to be stripped of a lot of its fat and unessecary things though.
At a basic glance

The Teambuilding process…
I wanted to start of with rayquaza while looking at its moveset I realized it could do one thing no other pokemon could do, OHKO THOSE annoying FERROTHORNS in the rain. So I decided to use last gens mixquaza.

Since I was using rayquaza I needed a steel type that could switch into its ice beams and essentially provide great synergy with it. While looking at the usage statistics again jirachi, haxmakor was also being used less then a ferrothorn <.<. I decided to chose jirachi since it resits ice,rock, and dragon type moves, the moves quaza would be targeted with. I decided to use the dual screen set since it could provide support to my underated dragon and it causes ferrothorn to come into it only to have a screen slapped in front of it take advantage of the paralysis status it gives and LET ME OHKO THAT ANNOYING SPIKER WITH A free switch provided from a u-turn.

I needed some hazard support for rayquaza since it was going to cause a lot of switches, after looking at the ubers combination thread posted by the awesome trickroom I decided to use the underated ferrocruel combo because they provide great synergy for each other and can set up 5 entry hazards with ease.

After looking at the semi-made team I realized that half of the team was begging for rain. So I decided to use scarf ogre because it can abuse the insane amount of hazards on the field to revenge kill and clean late game.

My team loved the hazard support set up and I wasn’t about to let some forretress spin them away, So I chose giratina-o for the last spot to spin block.

Giratina-o = dragon <.< it kept on getting hit with meteors and I realized I had no way to kill manaphy if it was the last pokemon on the other team. I switched to a ghost-arceus to spin block with perish song so that those manaphys would NOT ANNOY ME.

A much closer look

Rayquaza @ Life orb
Trait: Air lock
EVs: 42 Atk / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -Spdef)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Extremespeed

Rayquaza was built around the team and if I even see a groudon I tend to lead with it. Why? It ohkoes 252hp groudon 100% of the time and because of my speed investment unless groudon is scarfed or jolly + 252 speed it cannot hope to avoid dying unless it sees the meteor ohko coming. Fire blast holds this team together by destroying pesky ferrothorns in the rain as they stand in shock wondering how in the world it was killed in the rain (screw pressure airlock > pressure). Outrage dents several phoenixes and the blobs that eat their eggs while giving me a strong STAB move to fall back on once Rayquaza’s thrown meteors at things. Extremespeed lets me pick off weak threats as well as break darkrai’s focus sash when I lead. Also useful for hitting the blobs when I don’t want to lock myself into one move.

Synergy: Ice -> tentacruel, jirachi, kyogre
Dragon-> jirachi, ferrothorn
Rock -> Jirachi, Ferrothorn

Jirachi @ Light Clay
Trait: Serence grace (but it doesn’t do anything sadly D: )
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spdef
Sassy (+SpDef, -Speed)
Iv’s: 0 speed 31 every other stat
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Wish
- U-turn
TROLL TROLL, no im not going to hax you but half of all competitive players know how badly jirachi can hax a person. BUT the coup de ferrothorn loves switching in to him to take the paralysis and simply reflect that hax back with his barbs of irony. Taking this knowledge and actually having a ferrothorn killer I use this guy to absorb status and set up screens. Wish + u-turn is an amazing way to heal up members and unlike everyone else jirachi benefits from ferrothorn’s thunder wave because it slows me down even more so that I underspeed the spikers(wait jirachi’s enemy is helping him wait till the enemy figures that out lol wonder what he will think when he gets u-turned + fire blasted). Light screen boosts the teams special defense and reflect increases defense. However the evs on this thing are not by any mean creative <.< but they do enable him to live mewtwo’s flamethrower in the sun and set up a screen on the poor cat DNA twisted thing.
Synergy: Ground-> Rayquaza
Fire-> rayquaza, kyogre, tentacruel

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave <- Considering switching it for protect
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
If you looked at this and thought wait why is this ferrothorn literally PHYSCIALLY DEFENSIVE. Well let’s see the surprise groudon gets when fire punch doesn’t ohko me, and that extremekiller’s +2 SD brick break cant do the same thing. But other then those things he absorbs physical blows for tentacruel and most of the team while setting up spikes and making my enemy mad because he’s got a seed on him (gasp). Thunderwave is to stop scarfers in particular scarfkia since flamethrower in the rain will not ohko him and scarfkia’s pretty much useless when paralyzed (Kyogre roars in the distance). Also the parahax can be nice. He serves as my check to extremekiller since he can leech seed paralyze and whip the poor god until he dies.
Synergy: Fire-> tentacruel, kyogre, rayquaza
Fighting-> Ghost arceus, Rayquaza

Tentacruel (M)<- considering changing this to female @ Black sludge <- Also considering leftovers over this.
Trait: Rain dish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic spikes
- Rapid spin
- Protect (tried confuse ray sadly firecape was right on the additional recovery D: )
Forretress is not the best spinner hands down. Tentacruel possess MUCH greater special bulk then him and sadly he’s not even used much. Tentacruel provides the toxic spikes and spin support for my team and is a switch in for specs ogre (not 2hkoed by water spout :D (with protect) and not ohkoed by thunder (uhhh not as great…) at full hp. If there is a kyogre that attacks him I can instantly find out which set that kyogre is using by the damage dealt to him. If that kyogre happens to be scarfed then I can easily set up toxic spikes on him. Scald benefits from rain and has that chance to burn which is really handy against a ferrothorn vs tentacruel situation. Protect provides me 1/8 recovery and lets me scout against choiced pokes, (darkrai want to go trick or treating with arceus? Sadly arceus doesn’t like scarves D:). His special bulk often makes him my special wall (underestimate him at your peril) since he can take draco meteors and even thunders from non Life orbed Deoxys-a that have a sp atk raising nature. Only special attacker he cannot take is mewtwo and that’s handled easily by Jirachi.
Synergy: Psychic (lol like not used) -> Jirachi, Ferrothorn
Ground -> Rayquaza
Electric-> ferrothorn

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
Kyogre sets up rain for the team which benefits everyone (well with the exception of rayquaza and arceus but quaza has air lock and arceus can use the psuedo fire resist to his advantage). I can even hide him sometimes until late game and clean up my opponents team from there. Double STAB + speed raising nature ensures he will outspeed many things even adamant Dragon dance rayquaza at +1 wont outspeed him because of his timid nature and normally the spikes make up for the power lost from running modest. He sadly doesn’t do much more then revenge and clean but his ability makes him irreplaceable to the team.

Arceus @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Speed / 36 Spdef/96 def <- Considering changing evs to outspeed all non scarf ray
Calm Nature (+Spdef, -Atk)
- Judgment
- Will-o-wisp
- Recover
- Perish Song
Arceus is supposed to be the most versatile pokemon there is. Uh I take versatile as doing a lot of jobs so I crammed a lot of things onto this pokemon so that he could just do everything and I haven’t been disappointed with his work yet too. Arceus serves as my spin blocker, mixed wall, physical attacker crippler, and pseudo phazer. Calm + 252 hp evs + 36 sp def evs let it take base modest max investment 150 STAB draco meteors and let it recover the damage off. 124 speed evs let me outspeed all nonscarfed base 90’s and the rest of the evs were thrown into defense to take extremekiller’s shadowy claws. This thing can stop non lum berry arceus if it switches in on them when they extremespeed or dance with swords as well as make some dragons just feel sad. It threatens forretress with one of those you know I have fire blast but I really don’t moments. If forretress does decide to brave it out I often perish song when I switch in on the rapid spin. If its taken residual damage and sturdy has been broken through, kyogre can switch in directly after its attempt to spin and drown him or thunder the palkia that tries to come in.

And that is the team :D. Criticism, rates, and comments on the team are always nice. For those that do care this team peaked 6 on the smogon uber ladder (which i agree is terrible) and 15 on the Pokmon online wifi uber ladder.

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
Color code for the threat list
Black= minor threat
Blue=Mild to somewhat of a threat
Magenta= Dangerous to deadly threat
Ubers:
Groudon: Sets up sun, physical wall, bulky booster, yawn did I mention rayquaza ohkoes it?
Rock polish groudon: The only variant not crushed by rayquaza, its walled by ghost arceus and once burned the only thing it can do after that is possibly pull out a surprise overheat on ferrothorn, but after its burned I’ll probably just set up toxic spikes with tentacruel and abuse it.

Swords Dance groudon: Crushed by rayquaza’s meteors I can lure it to earthquake me with tentacruel or ferrothorn or I could outspeed it and burn it with arceus.

Double booster: Crushed by meteors again, if it gets a rock polish up it can be burned by arceus before posing a threat.

I wall you (physical wall): I love draco meteors but groudon doesn’t and will probably thunder wave ray if I switch it in, scarf ogre ohkoes it and arceus can burn it to render it useless again. If it has resttalk I can switch in ray when it rests.

Kyogre: Uh double stab on water moves? But still it’s a bloated whale that loves the scarf, it’s played around.
Scarfogre: It’s locked onto one move and tentacruel takes all of its moves except thunder which ferrothorn can take set up toxic spikes on it if locked into non thunder, switch to ferrothorn if on thunder it’s going to be used for hazards regardless. If tentacruel is infront of kyogre it can protect to see what it wants to do.

CM + 3 attacks: Perish Song immediately and attempt to make it come in later into toxic spikes. If they are already up it can’t do much stall out the turns of its life with tentacruel and ferrothorn.

Croogre: the whole rest talk thing won’t keep him from ferrothorn destruction. Power whip 2hkoes with leftovers factored if ferrothorn’s dead perish song phase until he’s the last poke and wait for him to die from the song also tentacruel walls him if he doesn’t get burned at +6 if he has a light screen.

Specsogre: This thing hurts the team a lot specs spout 3hkoes tentacruel giving him enough time to try to burn specsogre but since it comes in late game toxic spikes can wear it down. If light screen is up then the whole team takes his blows nicely but if hes not poisoned and tenta’s down it will take around 2 dead pokes before he goes down.

Sub+cm: The lack of an additional coverage move makes him walled by either ferrothorn or tentacruel he can’t do anything when poisoned and will slowly die then. If toxic spikes aren’t up I have to phaze him with perish song and have tenta set them up before the songs up.

Palkia: A dragon that by many children was thought to be an inferior dialga.
Scarfkia: Uh its choiced… that sucks… with speed too… predict the move and switch into either ferrothorn or tentacruel since they resist his whole movepool. If I predict wrong im not getting ohkoed switch back into resist.

All-out-attack: Aw its not choiced D: paralyze it and go on and have rayquaza fling some comets or rage if he comes into ferrothorn. Tentacruel takes some large damage from LOed thunders but he can set up toxic spikes if he needs too and have arceus phaze him out.

Dialga: The dragon thought to be better then palkia. Sadly he poses an even smaller threat then palkia. Once I figure out which set its running it’s easy to take care of him.
Nerd+steel+dragon: ITS GOT SPECS ITS BECOME A NERD NOOOOOO. Specs meteors are taken by arceus and since its not scarfed I can recover the damage off before he fires another one. In other words I can switch in and wall it out.

Mixed dragon: If it runs trick room I can stall the time out. Arceus still walls this thing out of time since it can take attacks on both sides of the spectrum.

Beautiful+steel=glamorus dragon: Its got a scarf so it’s a pretty dragon. Arceus still takes all its attacks and can switch into a meteor taking around half hp not even scared of a crit unless it happens twice.

A new dragons in the lead now: He leads but he has a decent chance to be ohkoed by ray’s draco meteor if he runs no special defense and 252 hp. Don’t have problems with him unless he’s trickroom’s analysis support dialga which is sadly quite rare. Spin bulky support's rocks away with tentacruel, lack of power enables tentacruel to set up on him instead.

Bulky am I not?: Uh dialga is bulky but he hates depressing singing. Ferrothorn can seed him… jirachi doesn’t even have trouble setting up a reflect on him I can probably abuse the dragon when he is setting up.

Blaziken: The fiery chicken that is clearly outclassed by gyrados because it lacks taunt
Ima sweep you: Blaziken can try to sweep but finds himself jumping into ghosts and killing himself._. He can’t touch ghost arceus at all and since rain is up a majority of the time blaziken can’t even hit arceus neutrally. If he does become a threat I can sing depressing songs but he never has become one.

Darkrai: Anti-lead, dull boring personality, so boring he makes my pokes fall asleep…
Sleep n sweep: Extremespeed with ray to break the sash switch in scarf ogre on the nasty plot or dpulse and drown all.
So boring I have to get a sub to be popular: Subs up after sleeping… ray’s extremespeed + kyogre’s surf is fine I might feel gutsy and use him to have tentacruel get toxic spikes on the field since his hits don’t hurt.
Lets go trick or treating: If I see the trick coming I can switch in tentacruel or arceus. Tentacruel walls him to death while arceus being godly doesn’t give up his china made plates to boring pokes.

Deoxys-a: Uh DNA looks ugly he can’t do much because he’s blinded by it half the time.
Antilead: Leads don’t exist in the current metagame go away lol. Jirachi takes nothing from it and can u-turn to ray to break the sash and ray extremespeeds it.
Countercoat: U-turn from jirachi if I move first hes using negative priority switch to arceus to take the counter and judge the poor guy.
4 ugly attacks with lively orbs: Since the attacks are ugly jirachi can blind him with a light screen and u-turn the poor DNA freak to oblivion.

Deoxys: Thankfully he’s prettier then deoxys-a but he can’t do much and still can’t handle his horrible reflection.
I lead better then my other forms :D : Sorry deoxys but I doubt your claim. Tentacruel sets up on it if it doesn’t have taunt and can scald + spin its hazards away.

Garchomp: I think you should’ve stayed ou you can’t even clean well. Well you’re a land shark which is awesome though.
Ubers scarf: Garchomp’s only viable set is walled by arceus, enough said lol.

Giratina: Is this thing dead or alive? Can’t tell but it’s a dragon…
The Great Wall [physically bulky]: Draco meteor ohkoes it can’t afford to be judged by an arceus since it 2hkoes.
The Great wall [specially bulky]: I can tell the difference when I judge it with arceus. Sadly draco meteor doesn’t ohko this guy (going by trickroom’s spread on his analysis) 100% of the time but it does approximately 87.18% of the time so I hope for a high roll.

Giratina-o: Uh where does game freak get the ideas of pokemon’s pictures? It doesn’t look right still a dragon and a ghost enough said.
Cm+sub: Ray outspeeds it and can fling meteors to kill it before it moves. If it does get a sub up I can show its odd reflection with a light screen and either judge the dragon or just sing horrible songs.
Ima phaze you: Team doesn’t care much about him phasing jirachi looks at him as free wishes, tentacruel uses him for spike time, ray throws meteors, arceus judges the poke, ferrothorn gives him the seed, kyogre just ice beams the guy.

Ho-oh: It’s a phoenix and I don’t have rocks… still can be played around.
Stally phoenix: only answer is to outrage in front of him he can be a bit of a nuisance if rayquaza is down, water spout from kyogre eats it alive.
Don’t mess with phoenix’s: Rain weakens its presence a lot, I can revenge him with ogre or just switch in on sacred fire and kill the thing. Outrage from rayquaza 2hkoes the thing. It annoys the team with burns.

Lugia: Yay it’s a bird that can stall. Still pretty awesome and underated but just isn’t able to do much.
Great wall: ferrocruel use him for hazards, tentacruel can spin them to ensure that his phasing isn’t threatening
Calm bird: Perish song ensures he won’t ever be dangerous from his calm minds, haven’t ever had problems with him, at +0 judgment from arceus 2hkoes him, also doesn’t like seeds.

Manaphy: Pixie that annoys me a lot, but hydration is not happening with rayquaza.
Tail glow: Sets up to +3 superfast if he isn’t holding wacan berry kyogre can revenge him. If I can predict and force a rest I can switch to rayquaza to remove rain and fling meteors.
Calm mind pixie: No where near as threating, at +1 jirachi has enough bulk to set up a light screen and I can safely phaze him out with perish song from arceus since he won’t threaten me anymore after a screen.

Mewtwo: A really odd cat that can be deadly after a cm. Jirachi has other thoughts about that though.
CM + 3 attacks: Jirachi walls him and sets up a screen in front of him. After light screen I can pick him off with judgments.
Stall 2: Never gone against one but I’ve used it and it can annoy the team. Kyogre ohkoes it without a screen I can go through his taunts with some u-turn action. Difficult to kill if it gets a light screen up and much more threating then the CM+3attacks.

Rayquaza: The deadliest sweeper in the game… it eats ferrothorn’s for breakfast.
SD quaza: Gets burned by arceus if will-o-wisp misses it can be a bit problematic though.
DD quaza: Same as SD quaza
Mixquaza: Still walled by arceus it can be will o wisped to be walled by tentacruel lol.
CB quaza: Only rayquaza variant arceus might have trouble walling ferrothorn can paralyze the guy and take no damage from him with leech seed though.

Reshiram: Victim to gamefreak’s racism poor dragon
Specs: Tentacruel can take a meteor and protect to get recovery. Arceus can do the same with recover instead.
Flame charge: Your faster with the option to change moves… but now Tentacruel walls you.
Scarf: See flame charge, also I can take advantage of the fact its locked into one move and get a resist in on it.

Skymin: Something tells me the battle with it will be haxy
Specs: If its locked into airslash and its raining tentacruel can take his hits with protect. He can stall out the pp of both airslash and seed flare if he needs to. Scald burns help with this too. Light screen from jirachi also = :D.
Subseed: It’s a prediction game between me and the other guy I have to spin his seeds once they’re on me with tentacruel. Scald + spin breaks a sub so he’s pretty much walled by tentacruel.
Scarf: Air slash does barely any damage to tentacruel so its really easy to stall out the slashes.

Zekrom: Also victim to game freak’s racism D: .
Band: Walled by ferrothorn
Scarf: Look at band
Mixed dragon: Sorry Zekrom but ray does this better. Walled by arceus, and crippled by the burn arceus gives it.

Nonubers: (still uses the same color code)

Jirachi: It’s haxmakor all over again.
Bulky paraflinch: Send in ferrothorn and try to stall him out of iron head pp. Burn him with arceus since hes immune to body slam and outsped by the god.
Superachi: Calm pixies look beautiful with screens of light right? So ill set up light screen and phase him out via perish song.
Dual Screener: I doubt anyone else uses this but in case they do… ray can 2hko with fire blast and I can set up toxic spikes upon its entry and simply stall the turns out of the screens. If he doesn’t voluntarily leave ill sing depressing songs.

Blissey: This pink blob is just odd. If it’s a sign of happiness why does it eat its own children? And how does it reproduce them with and without a poke? Still a special wall that can’t handle being poisoned.
Ubers Wish: Toxic spikes limit its ability to do anything combine that with spike support and it’s not going to be passing many wishes. My hazards can’t even be snatched from them trolls. Also quaza can go and rage it if it wants to, it even beats skarmbliss with enough prediction.

Chansey: Blob #2 with higher defense
Ubers support: Same thing as blissey really except outrage doesn’t 2hko this time. Toxic spikes hurt it more though because of the lack of leftovers though.

Deoxys-d: It’s a spiker that gets taunt, good defense, and horrible hp.
Ubers spiker: I can easily spin the spikes and set up on it too. Fire blast + draco meteor can kill it in 2 hits if it thinks it can set up on quaza. Scarf ogre’s water spout does the samething (Except this can ohko with 3 layers of spikes im assuming max hp and sp def also) with. It can be troublesome if it has giratina-o with it but its not like its coming in safely. Normally only gets 1 layer lol.
Toxic stall + taunt: Ferrocruel resists poison if there are no hazards I can literally stall the taunt and toxic out lol. Besides this should be extinct because of priority taunt. If it comes in on tspikes its useless.

Deoxys-s: Spiker with great speed and mediocre defense along with horrible attacking stats (emphasis on the attacking stat part)
Ubers Spiker: If I see this thing I normally lead with tentacruel because he literally if he needs to can kill it with nonstop spins after 1 scald. Ferrothorn makes it deoxys terrible if it paralyzes it but that’s probably never happening.

Doryuuzu: The only offensive spinner in the game that can work well in any team…
Ubers Swords dance: slower then arceus so it can be burned. Also easily revenged by kyogre. If he runs spin arceus can cripple and torture.

Dugtrio: The annoying mole with arena trap infamous for literally making a zekrom sad D:
Trap n kill: Oh no he takes out tentacruel enabling special attackers to do bad things D:. I can avoid this with prediction but you can’t predict everything sadly. Never had this happen but I know it can happen easily.

Espeon: Annoying kitty, reflecting my hazards, but he’s so easy to predict. Sets were made up by the ones ive seen since there’s no espeon uber analysis I believe.
Espy jump v2: My first intention when I ever see an espeon is to be careful with my hazards hes not passing anywhere with my depressing songs from ghostceus though. If he predicts switches and counters them with a pass it can be annoying but that has yet to happen.
Ferro/forry killer: If I predict him coming into ferro power whip is a 2hko while hp fire fails to ohko. Of course I can judge the guy for killing poor harmless durain fruits from arceus if my prediction is off.

Erufuun: This guy is the definition of troll. He dangers this team with every set he makes.
Priority support: Oh no this troll… ferrothorn prevents him from doing anything but its just a matter of pp stalling then which I will lose. I can have ray ohko him with fire blast if I think hes switching in and I can hit him before he gets a priority whatever up.
Subseed on steroids: Not this again… same as priority support but this guy’s just… mean D:. Ferrothorn can hope to pp stall him and hopes for parahax. Rachi can u-turn a sub away and have something hit him SE wise but he makes me sad D:. Underlooked threat I think he can even annoy the infamous teams made by trick room and shrang and just about any team without xatu/espeon.

Forretress: Everybody loves bags of worms right :D
Standard Spiker: In a tentacruel vs forry match tentacruel well win because of the rapid spin and huge scald damage, OR I can predict the spin and switch in something that can ohko it scaring it out or just destroying worms.

Ferrothorn: Oh no it’s the king of ou that outclasses quaza!
What every ferrothorn does: I SHALL destroy that durain fruit with ray’s fire blast and then theres always the spinning that tentacruel can do later lol. If ray’s down I have to burn it and spin the hazards away later but that rarely happens.

Uh, change Arceus' sprite to the Ghost-type version. I keep thinking it is Extreme Killer every time I see it.

Speaking of that, Chansey/Blissey shits all over your team once Ferrothorn and Rayquaza are dead, so I'd prolly change Arceus to an Extreme Killer version(SD/ExtremeSpeed/filler/filler). Don't change Scarfogre to Modest unless you feel that you are always losing your speed ties.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
omg mr.lol's team. So good.

However, I see you lack the support of the great Stealth Rock! Therefore I suggest tp switch Perish Song to Stealth Rock. Forretress will lose to Arceus becaise you can just burn it to death and you already have Ferro for Manaphy, which leads me to my next suggestion: do exchange TWave for Protect, Ferro enjoys the extra recovery plus it gives you somewhat of scouting.

Grats on .6 and .15 and GL!

Hey,

This team looks really nice, but it kind of has trouble dealing with opposing Rayquaza. You don't seem to have any reliable ways to switch into it; DD variants set up on Jirachi and scarf Kyogres locked into Water Spout (obviously not going to be at full power because of Air Lock and the potential entry hazard damage you'll take upon switching), as well as your Ferrothorn if you change Thunder Wave to Protect, and sweep your team with Outrage, Earthquake, and Overheat, and if that's not enough to finish you off, Salamence, who is commonly seen paired up with Rayquaza, will. SD is dangerous as well, it does the same thing DD Rayquaza does, but with Extremespeed. Mixed variants are a bit troublesome, but DD and SD are far more dangerous.

What I recommend that you do is using Lugia over Jirachi, as it gets up Reflect as well as check Rayquaza and Salamence. Here's the set:

Lugia @ Leftovers l 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD l Impish Nature
Moves: Roost l Reflect l Ice Beam l Whirlwind

Lugia not only takes on Rayquaza, but it beats Groudon as well with a Reflect up. You should also abuse your entry hazards with Whirlwind so that your opponent's team is weak enough so that Kyogre can run through his or her team with Surf, Thunder or Ice Beam (or Water Spout now that you have the Rayquaza issue fixed).

With that said, really nice team, good luck.

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
Everyone thanks for the rates :D

@tm13 icebeam-sorry about the other arceus alt thing ill fix it but dont blame me if the new picture is huge. Chansey and blissey have trouble doing anything under toxic spikes and if they do decide to run heal bell tentacruel can set those spikes up on them if they have not been set up yet. I can't switch arceus ghost to extremekiller because then I lose my spin blocker. And steel bags of worms are annoying without it. Ive been considering modest but for some reason i've been seeing most timid scarf ogre over modest scarf. By your rate though i probably won't even consider modest scarf though lol. Again thanks for the rate.

@furai-thanks for the positive comments but ladder peaks arent that big lol reason being why its at the bottom of the rmt and not the top:D. Thanks for the luck though. Cutting out perish song is just D: though. Manaphy literally says screw you to the team if i dont have it. And i lose my only way of phazing if that does happen. Also ill see what protect can do ferrothorn isn't dying easily but it wants all the recovery it can get.

@Bowlcut- DD no all rayquaza's actually can't get through arceus with the exception of band but ferrothorn loves him lol. Rayquaza fears being burned a lot lol. Salamence is just < rayquaza because of its lower attacking stats lol, but ill still see how lugia workssince another phazer seems really nice and it can probably somewhat alleviate my ground arceus weakness and just be a really reliable ground resist too lol.

And again everyone thanks for the rates :D.
Also part of the threat list is in and ghost arceus does not look normal now

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
This post serves as a 24 hour bump. Also i tried lugia. It cant pass wishes to ray and stuff like cm ghost ceus cant be phazed by arceus without the help of a light screen. So I am going to keep jirachi. Threat list has been updated.

I see why you used Kyogre. That was very smart, to back up your steel types and reduce the damage that they take from fire type moves. Yeah, and change your Arceus's type to Ghost. Extremekiller Arceus is the most common pokemon after Scarf/CM Kyogre, so you can expect to see it in almost every battle. To try and stop Extremespeed from sweepng your team, use Ghost Arceus. Trust me. Shadow Claw/ Shadow Force from +2 Normal Arceus will not kill Ghost Arceus, so yeah... USE GHOST ARCEUS!

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
Nice to see people are still giving rates :D.@Clinton2637 thanks for your rate. Arceus was always a ghost-type... never normal, so ya. Ferrothorn can counter extremekiller at +6 behind a reflect and can paralyze it to make its life miserable also at that point arceus cannot touch ferrothorn with eq and has to rely on brick break to defeat him, and then there's the whole prediction to ghostceus phaze the boosts out perish song lol. Again thanks for the rate :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)