Review of my new team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okie doke, I have a new team, and the only use I need to make of said team is to beat my three friends and become the best of us all (simple in overview, hard in action)

Anyway, I was wondering if there are any obvious problems that present themselves to all you smogon users out there that I am not aware of.

I don't have/care to level my pokemon up to level 100, but I will be reaching the 70-early 90 mark. I have no intention of using the typical smogon tiers of order, but i do refrain from using anything regarded as "UBER" anyway, onto my team.

I'm using Pokemon Pearl, but I'm considering making a transfer to Pokemon Heart Gold (a transfer of my team)

Also, I don't care much for the nature of my pokemon, so this will go without mention, though all of my team has been hatched and raised from the egg.

I have a level 73 Leafeon
it holds a big root.
it currently knows the moves,
Synthesis (which will soon be replaced by swords dance when leafeon reaches 78)
giga drain, (hence the big root)
energy ball, (a high damage special atack)
and leaf blade. (leafeons best move with its high attack stat and swords dance)

I have a level 62 Machamp.
It holds a zoom lens,
knows low kick, (most of my friends poekmon are large and heavy)
seismic toss (some of my friends pokemon are of a high level)
Cross Chop (this is just ace)
and dynamic punch (to confuse and stall, because machamp is an easy knock out)

I have a level 77 Ninetales,
it holds a flame plate,
knows extrasensory,
fireblast (hence the flame plate)
will-o-wisp (just to be frustrating after its death)
and dark pulse (to deal with one of my friends who percieves it acceptable to use mewtwo)

I have a level 66 scizor,
it holds an insect plate
knows wing attack (it won't learn air blade from the move remeberer for some annoying reason)
X-scissor (hence the insect plate)
Iron Head (for a STAB boost)
and swords dance (for another boost to stats.)

I also have a Gengar, level 63,
who wields a life orb,
knows hypnosis,
Dream Eater, (to compensate for the life orb)
Shadow Ball (this recently replaced nightmare when I realised my oponents kept switching their pokemon when put to sleep)
and dark pulse.

I also finally have a starmie level 69,
It knows Psychic,
Thunder, (for a shock)
Blizzard, (against the many dragon types around my friends teams)
and Water Pulse. (I would use surf, but this hinders my ally pokemon because we always use double battles)
I'm considering retraining a staryu (currently 45), because my Starmie can't seem to remember the move hydro pump from its previous form. - SUPER frustrating.

Anyway, what do you guys think? I've been running this team through the pokemon league again and again, hoping for this training to pay off.

And if you guys do suggest something, could you tell me where to get the TM/Item necessary? I have access to a few far played editions of daimond and pearl, as well as battle revoloution, as well as a little played heart gold. I suppose I can also get some extra TMs from my friends, but otherwise, I'm all alone.

can you transfer pokemon to black and white? just wondering...

THANKYOU!

I don't think this is the right place to start a thread like this. I believe there's a Rate My Team forum somewhere else but nevertheless, help is help.

I notice that your team doesn't really follow Smogon style, such as a lead, utility, sweeper, etc. However, if these pokemon are what you truly want to use then let's work with them. I also see how many of the pokemon have lots of moves with the same type. In my opinion it's pretty redundant. There aren't any EVs or natures. It would help for me to know them. Well, using these pokemon I believe this is how your team should be.

Ninetales
Focus Sash
Timid nature
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 HP
-Hypnosis
-Will-o-Wisp
-Energy Ball
-Fire Blast
Ninetales will sort of be a "lead", spreading status and helping the rest of the team. As such, ninetales would come in first. The main attack will be fire blast.

Scizor
Life Orb
Adamant nature
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 HP
Must have Technician as ability
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Brick Break
Scizor will be a heavy sweeper in the team. With ninetales, he might use swords dance first along with ninetales using hypnosis then scizor will go and destroy.

Machamp
Lum Berry
Adamant nature
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 6 Def
Must have No Guard as ability
-Dynamic Punch
-Bullet Punch
-Stone Edge
-Payback
Machamp is another sweeper, just without swords dance or any sweeping move. However, machamp may be slower than Scizor but he can rely on dynamic punch as long as he has no guard.

Leafeon
Leftovers
Impish nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SpD
-Wish
-Protect
-Leaf Blade
-Heal Bell
Leafeon should be the utility in the team. Leafeon will be able to take physical hits and heal the team through wish and heal bell.

Starmie
Life Orb
Timid nature
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Blizzard
-Recover(?)
Starmie will be a special sweeper in the team.

Gengar
Life Orb
Timid nature
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Hypnosis
-Thunderbolt
Gengar is another special sweeper. I know Smogon suggests hidden power fire or ice but it's hard to do.

Well that's all I say for now. Making this team may take some time to make come true but it's worth it.

Now for any kind mod out there, is it possible to move this thread to the Rate My Team forum? Thank you in advance.

This is a competitive battling website, so do not post in-game teams. I doubt this thread even deserves a spot in the RMT forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)