Gen 2 Revisiting my old team.

I recently decided to replay my old gold game, which got me thinking about my good old competitive team. This team was a long work in progress, and i think it worked pretty well. Just looking for some thoughts, especially regarding the current metagame (i have been out since like 04-05).

Tauros@mint berry
body slam
eq
Thunder/fire blast
rest

Hit them hard and fast, rest once, hit hard and fast, sacrafice later when needed.
Thunder and fb are for skarm on the switch, its usually thunder for cloyster and an extra para chance. Fire blast if there are a bunch of fortress running around instead.

Alakazam@miracle berry
psycic
reflect
t-wave
recover

Psuedo passer/t-waver. Fragile, but with reflect set up and recover it serves its purpose of paralizing as much as possible and passing reflect. Once there are no pursuit, dark or blissey psychic can do some serious damage to teams.

Slowbro@leftovers
curse
body slam
surf
rest

Tank. You would be surprised how much damage this thing absorbs and dishes out over the course of a battle. I have tried growl, but i would rather go offensive than wall.

Kangaskhan@leftovees
attract
Body slam
eq
sub

The heart and soul of this team. Paratraction, wears down most everything, forces switches which leads to more free hits.

Snorlax@leftovers
body slam
eq
fb
rest/sd

Mix lax for defensive support. Absorbs and hits pretty much everyting pretty hard. Rest for staying power, self destruct when i'm in the mood.

Charizard@miracle berry
belly drum
RS
FB
EQ

Standard. This is what the rest of the team sets up.

Not a ground breaking strategy, but this team is fun to use. Other than lax(which is not a curse/drum/lk lax) this is mostly a bl/uu team (i dont care what you say, zam's stats and movepool make him bl no matter how many people use it...) that stands up to alot of the standard OU crowd.

Suicune (especially with curse) can pose a problem with nothing super effective against it, kangaskhan cant attract it., and it counters drumzard. In more serious battles i have used a roar, reflect, thunder, rest/hp raikou over zam to counter cune to a bit of success, but i am not a fan of legends (hp especially).

Growl miltank is also difficult for this team to take out and heal bell hurts this team's strategy. When i stop battling competitively blissey was 10x more likely to show up so i never really came up with a good counter for it.

Yes, well obvious counters for pink blobs and chubby cows are ferocious fighting types such as Hitmontop, hitmonlee, hitmonchan, Machamp= great counters.

Bellyzard is a great love, espacially when Sunny Day are up and the fear of Thunder's and Surf's are almost gone. <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)