reyscarface's List

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
They say its easier with a thread so

Archeops
- Got new stuff from BW2.
- Sadly the general concensus seems to be its a bad Pokemon. Physical sets are walled hard by Pokemon like Skarmory, Rain which is the most common weather makes his Heat Wave weaker, and Roost isnt good enough to keep it alive when Scizor / Mamoswine / Scarfers are more common than ever.
- Badddd.

OU Worthy: No
Revamp Worthy: Erase analysis

Chansey
- Good. Didnt get anything though.
- Make mentions of how Breloom is more common now, how Thundurus is stronger, Keldeo appearance, and that it may not beat Volcarona anymore due to roost unless it carries Toxic. In general, new stuff will affect what Chansey can wall.
- Get rid of the counter set though. Its the exact same as the one above it but with a 1 move difference. Not enough for a whole new set.
- SS less prevalent so doesnt miss Leftovers as much.

OU Worthy: Yes
Revamp Worthy: No (but remove the Counter set)

Crustle
- Didnt get anything but... knock off.
- Its support set has a "niche" because it has Sturdy. But other Pokemon such as Skarmory and Forretress already do that and also help the team in other ways that arent just spiking and dying.

Electivire
- Baaaad. Doesnt deserve OU analysis.

Galvantula
- Didnt get anything new except Giga Drain over Energy Ball, a minimal change.
- Functions the same way as before, its an okay pokemon.

Revamp Worthy: No

Hitmontop
- Nothing new, functions same way as before, Spinning / Intimidate / Ttar counter yada yada.
- Technitop is bad as it lost its niche of beating stuff like Excadrill. Needs to be removed.

Revamp Worthy: No (But remove Technitop)

Mamoswine
- Can finally run Icicle Crash and Superpower in the same set.
- Needs update on sets as Thick Fat is now the main ability.
- Deserves an update on his set due to that, but nothing too big. Also mentions on how its important to deal with the new Sacred Formes.

Omastar
- Didnt get anything new. Smash set is hard to pull off but is still strong and got better due to the prevalence of Rain.

Rotom-W
- Nothing new. As good as before.
- Get rid of the SubSplit set, as its outclassed badly by its other sets.
- Add IMPORTANT mention of a new EV spread of max Defense and max HP on the "Bulky Attacker" set, as its a proven great set and helps Rotom do the tanking job a lot better.
- Also make mention of Special Defense, due to the prevalence of Hurricane in the metagame.

Revamp Worthy: Yes

Sigilyph
- Nothing new really. Works as before. If anything got better due to the new prevalence of stuff like Breloom.
- Requires more depth on what it can wall and what not.

Swampert
- Remove "Defensive" set, let CB be its only option, as defensive is outclassed and it cant take on many of the threats this metagame has.

Venomoth
- It has a niche in that it can sleep + quiver dance + baton pass.
- Remove the offensive set, its outclassed and weak.

Revamp Worthy: No (But remove the offensive set)

Yanmega
- If given proper support can be a pain. Tinted Lens hurts a lot specially with the coverage it gets.
- Got Roost but too weak to pull it off.
- Sets are outdated however.

But Electivire is so strong, it was the top 4th gen pokemon for a reason /s

Chansey

The only other thing I would mention is that sand's decreased presence means it worries less about holding eviolite.

I personally think the Chansey analysis is pretty outdated, you can just look at the suggested evs to see why.

I guess I can hold onto my Chansey filled rage and make a Chaney ev thread later on down the road.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mamoswine

It probably should get a revamp. Superpower with Icicle Crash/Stealth Rock whatever are fine, but Thick Fat is pretty big for removing two weaknesses. In addition, it is much more relevan than before, garnering much more usage.

Uh, if this is a list for updating stuff.

Hydreigon

EP + Dark Pulse, Roost and Superpower among others make it at least worth to update it's analysis.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Hydreigon

EP + Dark Pulse, Roost and Superpower among others make it at least worth to update it's analysis.
You may want to go here, dude

Also, rey, it may be worth noting that Sigilyph's analysis doesn't specify many important threats in particular, and I'm pretty sure some of the sets need a little tweaking in terms on moveslots and EVs. Could use fixing, as well as Yamnega in some areas.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
A couple of things:

Galvantula got Giga Drain, which would probably replace Energy Ball on any set. Clearly that doesn't require a full update though.

Also, defensive Swampert is not entirely outclassed because it has SR (and Gastrodon and Quagsire don't). If you really need SR it's a reasonable choice, unless you would rather use ....Seismitoad? The analysis probably ought to reflect that though.

Otherwise, I generally agree.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
But Electivire is so strong, it was the top 4th gen pokemon for a reason /s

Chansey

The only other thing I would mention is that sand's decreased presence means it worries less about holding eviolite.
Good catch, will update the OP.

I personally think the Chansey analysis is pretty outdated, you can just look at the suggested evs to see why.

I guess I can hold onto my Chansey filled rage and make a Chaney ev thread later on down the road.
Chansey is different from Blissey though. I dont see whats wrong with going for the most Physical bulk possible, but it could be changed I guess.

Mamoswine

It probably should get a revamp. Superpower with Icicle Crash/Stealth Rock whatever are fine, but Thick Fat is pretty big for removing two weaknesses. In addition, it is much more relevan than before, garnering much more usage.
I dont think it needs a full revamp. New mentions, yes, but doesnt require a full revamp.

Hydreigon

Wrong thread buddy.

You may want to go here, dude

Also, rey, it may be worth noting that Sigilyph's analysis doesn't specify many important threats in particular, and I'm pretty sure some of the sets need a little tweaking in terms on moveslots and EVs. Could use fixing, as well as Yamnega in some areas.
Good catch too, ill update OP.

A couple of things:

Galvantula got Giga Drain, which would probably replace Energy Ball on any set. Clearly that doesn't require a full update though.

Also, defensive Swampert is not entirely outclassed because it has SR (and Gastrodon and Quagsire don't). If you really need SR it's a reasonable choice, unless you would rather use ....Seismitoad??. The analysis probably ought to reflect that though.

Otherwise, I generally agree.
@ Galvantula: Doesnt require full revamp yeah, but ill add it anyways.

@ Swampert: It may not be outclassed, but its terrible. It cant wall a lot of stuff it *should* be walling. Landorus-T and Gliscor do the bulky ground job much better and have SR. Bulky water job is done much better by the alternatives you said. All in all, Swampert doesnt really have any business walling in OU. No point on a defensive set.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hitmontop does not need a revamp, if we only need to remove TechniTop, which is outclassed by Techniloom.

Choice Band should probably be removed from Mamoswine, since Life Orb is pretty much the superior choice.

Yanmega's analysis is outdated and skimpy - it should be erased and start anew. I question Yamega's viability in a meta where Volcarona exists. Speed Boost may be worth it, but otherwise not OU-worthy imo.

EDIT: I'd also like to keep Swampert's Defensive set - if you're using Swampert at all, mine as well give it Stealth Rock than wasting a moveslot on some other Pokemon. I'd just leave Swampert's analysis in its current state.

reyscarface

World Defender
Hitmontop does not need a revamp, if we only need to remove TechniTop, which is outclassed by Techniloom.

Choice Band should probably be removed from Mamoswine, since Life Orb is pretty much the superior choice.

Yanmega's analysis is outdated and skimpy - it should be erased and start anew. I question Yamega's viability in a meta where Volcarona exists. Speed Boost may be worth it, but otherwise not OU-worthy imo.

EDIT: I'd also like to keep Swampert's Defensive set - if you're using Swampert at all, mine as well give it Stealth Rock than wasting a moveslot on some other Pokemon. I'd just leave Swampert's analysis in its current state.
I asked SDS and he told me that if a set needs to be removed, its considered as a revamp. Hence the yes to revamp as we are removing a set.

Choice Band Mamo has always been a decent choice as he gets stuff done that the Life Orber doesnt, such as 2HKOing Special Defense Skarmory after SR, Defense Forry and Ferrothorn, as well as getting the chance of OHKO on, say, Tornadus-T. It has interesting uses and its different enough from LO id say.

Yanmega: Fair enough. About it being OU worthy or not however id need more opinions, as ive heard it go both ways.

Swampert is bad as a defensive Pokemon in this metagame though, it cant do a lot of damage to stuff like Rotom-W and wasting a whole Pokemon for Stealth Rock when theres much better viable options seems like a waste.

I can not personally attest to Swampert's use, but I have seen quite a few RMTs where the defensive set was indeed the needed niche pokemon that could set up rocks, tank things, and phase. Remember there aren't exactly a lot of pure tanks left in OU. At the very least it should probably get a good retest before being deleted.

breh

強いだね
I can't help but feel that Galvantula isn't very good. Its analysis for OU was started in 2010 (and will soon be 2 years old!). It's worse than Thundurus-T, barring that it has STAB Bug Buzz and speed ties with base the musketeers/doesn't speed tie with old landorus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)