ORAS UU Rezilient:Mega-Sharpedo HO

What tier should I make my next ORAS RMT in?

• Total voters

SUMMARY: This is an HO (Hyper Offense) team that works very well in certain situations. The trick is to put your opponent under a lot of pressure and the team feeds off of gaining momentum. This team lacks bulk, but if used correctly your opponent will struggle to cope with the sheer offense of this team.

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Poison Jab/Destiny Bond/Ice Fang
- Protect

while defending
None.

None.

Mega-Sharpedo is such an interesting mega Pokemon. The ability Speed Boost before Sharpedo mega evolves makes it very threatening to opposing teams; allowing it to outspeed most things even after a Choice Scarf in some cases. That is one reason I am using an Adamant nature instead of a Jolly nature, just for more attacking power. Mega-Sharpedo is a very good sweeper and a late-game clean up Pokemon. After mega evolution, Mega-Sharpedo gets the ability Strong Jaw, which gives its bite moves 1.5x more power (this helps Crunch and Ice Fang a lot). Waterfall, Crunch, and Protect are crucial to have on a Sharpedo, the last move is up to your own personal preference in all honesty.

• 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cresselia: 390-458 (87.8 - 103.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 268-316 (82.4 - 97.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 362-428 (99.4 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

while defending
None.

None.

Azelf arguably is the most important Pokemon to this HO team. Azelf is my "suicide lead" and has one job. That job is to get up Stealth Rocks. Azelf gets up rocks, Taunts, and occasionally Thunder Waves opposing Pokemon. Once it has done what I want it to do, I click Explosion and usually take something down with me. This allows me to get a free switch in to one of my many threats on the team and puts my opponent on his/her back foot. This technique gains me a lot of momentum and helps get a good start in most games. However, be aware of things like Fake Out followed by other forms of priority trying to break your Focus Sash and stop you from getting up Stealth Rocks. Stealth Rocks allow my team to sweep much easier, also potentially breaking opposing Focus Sash users which could otherwise be problematic with the lack of bulk on this team.

• 252 Atk Azelf Explosion vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Arcanine: 317-374 (98.7 - 116.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
  • 252 Atk Azelf Explosion vs. 252 HP / 92+ Def Blissey: 725-854 (101.5 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

while defending

None.

Toxicroak is a huge threat to teams in the UU and even the OU tier. Its dual STAB paired with access to priority with Sucker Punch makes it hard to play against. Toxicroak also gets Swords Dance to boost its Attacks by x2 making it an even bigger threat. If your opponent isn't ready for Toxicroak there is a good chance you can sweep them. The ability Dry Skin makes Toxicroak a perfect Scald switch-in and a great counter to Water types such as Sleep Talk Suicune and Defog support Empoleon in the UU tier.

• 252+ Atk Life Orb Toxicroak Gunk Shot vs. 28 HP / 252+ Def Shaymin: 351-416 (100.8 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Toxicroak Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 419-495 (98.8 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
  • +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Toxicroak Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Feraligatr: 304-359 (97.7 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

while defending

Rotom-Heat provides my team with the only real source of bulk while remaining somewhat fast. Rotom-Heat is a great pivot in the UU tier and gives me some much needed STAB attacks. Rotom-Heat's main job is being a pivot and Volt Switch to gain momentum, other things it does well is Will-O-Wisping threats and Pain Splitting to increase its longevity. Rotom-Heat also has the ability Levitate giving me another Ground immunity along with Crobat.

• 0 SpA Rotom-H Overheat vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Chesnaught: 368-434 (96.8 - 114.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
  • 252 Atk Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 52 Def Rotom-H: 222-262 (73.2 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 0 SpA Vaporeon Scald vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-H: 176-210 (58 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power/Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon

while defending
None.

None.

None.

Kyurem is an extremely powerful Pokemon with very good offensive typing. Kyurem has a base 130 Special Attack and Attack. I chose the Special Kyurem, because it gets the dual STAB of Dragon and Ice so I can use Draco Meteor and Ice Beam. This Kyurem set is a little unique. I am running Modest nature, Choice Scarf Kyurem to keep its wall-breaking capabilities while still outspeeding most things. The Choice Scaft set actually catches opposing players off guard and I can usually pick off a couple of Pokemon with it. Kyurem is my main answer for Dragon type threats in the UU tier.

• 252+ SpA Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Whimsicott: 306-362 (94.4 - 111.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ SpA Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 297-349 (80 - 94%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ SpA Kyurem Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 24+ SpD Florges: 118-140 (32.7 - 38.8%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Crobat @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- U-turn
- Defog

while defending
None.

Crobat is an amazing Pokemon in my opinion. Choice Banded Crobat hits very hard and provides my team with a U-turn user to gain momentum. Crobat has a very high base speed stat (130) allowing it to outspeed a lot of Pokemon. Crobat's dual STAB allows it to take down Fighting and Fairy types with ease. Crobat also is my only way to get rid of hazards with Defog. I usually don't have to use Defog, it is just there for "emergencies" when my team needs hazards off the field. Crobat gives me another Ground immunity and is the best way to scare out many threats.

• 252 Atk Choice Band Crobat U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 334-394 (133 - 156.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Crobat Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 274-324 (82.7 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Crobat Cross Poison vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Slurpuff: 306-360 (100 - 117.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

THREATLIST:

>
Don't let this thing set up, it can tear this team apart. Try to kill with Crobat or Toxicroak.

> Again don't let this thing set up, Kyurem is can kill or use Will-o-Wisp with Rotom-Heat.

> If Rotom-Heat goes down, Kyurem needs to hit with an Earth Power or Mega-Sharpedo needs to hit a Crunch or two.

The Team in Action:

Hope you guys enjoy! Feel free to use the team and don't forget to vote. :)

all falls down

thanks ugly god
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there! Sharpedo is one of my favorite megas and I like how this team supports it. Everything's threatening and powerful and does a great job putting holes in the other player's team.

Threats at first glance:

One thing I noticed about this team is that it's really weak some threatening setup sweepers like Gyarados, Rain Dance Mega Swampert, and of course Salamence & Feraligatr like you mentioned. These Pokemon all have the opportunity to set up on a variety of Pokemon on this team, like unboosted Toxicroak, either Kyurem or Crobat if they ever lock themselves into the incorrect move, or even Sharpedo if the Pokemon has a type advantage. Fast Dragons, like Choice Scarf Salamence and Mega Sceptile also have a lot of fun with this team because of no Dragon resist. Another Pokemon that seems to be very threatening to this team is Sableye; it has the ability to outspeed and burn and wall pretty much every single Pokemon on the team, making the only way to kill it dodging Will-o-Wisp. On top of this, you have 3 SR weak Pokemon, and two of them are choiced, meaning that you'll be switching out a lot, and this really hurts your overall team and makes it more susceptible to be swept by the aforementioned threats.

• To address many of these problems, Whimsicott over Rotom-H gives you a Pokemon that can to switch in to all of the above setup sweepers and beat them with either encore or a super effective STAB. Whimsicott is also a particularly great Pokemon to deal with Sableye, being able to switch in on it and forcing it out. Just having Whimsicott on your team also makes the other player think twice about setting up, giving you more leverage in the game. Whimsicott also gives you a lot defensively -- another Fighting and Water resist along with a Dragon resist are the most notable additions defensively. It also gives you a good switch in to scarf Hydreigon, scarf Salamence, and Mega Sceptile, all of which at the moment can freely click their respective STAB Dragon move with no consequence. Encore + U-turn retains the great pivoting and offensive momentum that Rotom-H currently provides. It's also not weak to Stealth Rock, putting less pressure on your team for preventing it. Pixie Plate is probably your best option due to the offensive nature of this team, but Leftovers could work too.
  • Sash lead Azelf is cool, but it loses to some Pokemon like Sableye which your team now still only has one check to, so I think that LO + SR DGleam Azelf benefits this team a lot more with good power and coverage. It can still set up rocks pretty consistently because of its speed and switches it can force.
  • Even without Rotom, Crobat & Kyurem both being Choice locked makes Stealth Rock really annoying. I think that changing Crobat to a support set over the band set will not only make rocks less annoying, but it can help prevent Defog and opposing Stealth Rock with taunt. Taunt + Brave Bird retains the ability to get past defensive Pokemon just as your banded set does while keeping Crobat's longevity as a check to some threatening Pokemon.
  • You seem to be hesitant with your Sharpedo's fourth move -- I think that Ice Fang is a necessity on this kind of team and should be used over the other two moves. I would also change Sharpedo to a Jolly nature to outspeed important Pokemon before and after mega evolving.
  • Kyurem's good, but the Scarf set isn't really effective. There are better scarves and the damage output isn't that impressive -- you probably noticed this and opted to use Modest, but that doesn't really work because a Modest nature detracts from its utility as a Choice Scarf Pokemon, getting outsped by things like Mega Aerodactyl and some setup sweepers. I would use Choice Specs Kyurem over Choice Scarf as better wallbreaking to support your other Pokemon. Jolly Sharpedo and speedy Whimsicott give you more leverage to remove this source of speed.
Like I said, love the team & Mega Sharpedo and hope I helped. Good luck!

Azelf @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Encore
- U-turn

Crobat @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- U-turn

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Sharpedo adamant -> jolly

Last edited:
Hey there! Sharpedo is one of my favorite megas and I like how this team supports it. Everything's threatening and powerful and does a great job putting holes in the other player's team.

Threats at first glance:

One thing I noticed about this team is that it's really weak some threatening setup sweepers like Gyarados, Rain Dance Mega Swampert, and of course Salamence & Feraligatr like you mentioned. These Pokemon all have the opportunity to set up on a variety of Pokemon on this team, like unboosted Toxicroak, either Kyurem or Crobat if they ever lock themselves into the incorrect move, or even Sharpedo if the Pokemon has a type advantage. Fast Dragons, like Choice Scarf Salamence and Mega Sceptile also have a lot of fun with this team because of no Dragon resist. Another Pokemon that seems to be very threatening to this team is Sableye; it has the ability to outspeed and burn and wall pretty much every single Pokemon on the team, making the only way to kill it dodging Will-o-Wisp. On top of this, you have 3 SR weak Pokemon, and two of them are choiced, meaning that you'll be switching out a lot, and this really hurts your overall team and makes it more susceptible to be swept by the aforementioned threats.

• To address many of these problems, Whimsicott over Rotom-H gives you a Pokemon that can to switch in to all of the above setup sweepers and beat them with either encore or a super effective STAB. Whimsicott is also a particularly great Pokemon to deal with Sableye, being able to switch in on it and forcing it out. Just having Whimsicott on your team also makes the other player think twice about setting up, giving you more leverage in the game. Whimsicott also gives you a lot defensively -- another Fighting and Water resist along with a Dragon resist are the most notable additions defensively. It also gives you a good switch in to scarf Hydreigon, scarf Salamence, and Mega Sceptile, all of which at the moment can freely click their respective STAB Dragon move with no consequence. Encore + U-turn retains the great pivoting and offensive momentum that Rotom-H currently provides. It's also not weak to Stealth Rock, putting less pressure on your team for preventing it. Pixie Plate is probably your best option due to the offensive nature of this team, but Leftovers could work too.
  • Sash lead Azelf is cool, but it loses to some Pokemon like Sableye which your team now still only has one check to, so I think that LO + SR DGleam Azelf benefits this team a lot more with good power and coverage. It can still set up rocks pretty consistently because of its speed and switches it can force.
  • Even without Rotom, Crobat & Kyurem both being Choice locked makes Stealth Rock really annoying. I think that changing Crobat to a support set over the band set will not only make rocks less annoying, but it can help prevent Defog and opposing Stealth Rock with taunt. Taunt + Brave Bird retains the ability to get past defensive Pokemon just as your banded set does while keeping Crobat's longevity as a check to some threatening Pokemon.
  • You seem to be hesitant with your Sharpedo's fourth move -- I think that Ice Fang is a necessity on this kind of team and should be used over the other two moves. I would also change Sharpedo to a Jolly nature to outspeed important Pokemon before and after mega evolving.
  • Kyurem's good, but the Scarf set isn't really effective. There are better scarves and the damage output isn't that impressive -- you probably noticed this and opted to use Modest, but that doesn't really work because a Modest nature detracts from its utility as a Choice Scarf Pokemon, getting outsped by things like Mega Aerodactyl and some setup sweepers. I would use Choice Specs Kyurem over Choice Scarf as better wallbreaking to support your other Pokemon. Jolly Sharpedo and speedy Whimsicott give you more leverage to remove this source of speed.
Like I said, love the team & Mega Sharpedo and hope I helped. Good luck!

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Encore
- U-turn

Crobat @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- U-turn

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Sharpedo adamant -> jolly
Thanks for your help, I will definitely try this out! :)

Hello, nice Hyper Offense that you got here! I'll rate your team, but consider all falls down rate...

Mega Sharpedo >>>
SD Sash Crawdaunt

Swords Dance Focus Sash Crawdaunt can destroy the Late Game better than Pedo, imo. with Swords Dance, you can setup with security and sweep your opp.'s team, thanks to Sash, and Crawdaunt can do it perfectly with Knock Off, Aqua Jet and Crabhammer. It can be used like a revenge killer, too.

Toxicroak >>>
RestTalk Mega Ampharos

Now that you have a good Swords Dance Sweeper, Mega Ampharos can be a good partner to protect you from status, Burn and Paralyze, specially, but it has a better role, protect you from Entei, a big threat to your team. Mega-Ampharos can give you momentum with Volt Switch, and make a VoltTurn core with Whimsicott.

Other Opitions

You can run Life Orb over Focus Sash on Crawdaunt, but I recommend that you use Focus Sash anyway.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse

Crawdaunt @ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Gl with the team :)

Hello, nice Hyper Offense that you got here! I'll rate your team, but consider all falls down rate...

Mega Sharpedo >>>
SD Sash Crawdaunt

Swords Dance Focus Sash Crawdaunt can destroy the Late Game better than Pedo, imo. with Swords Dance, you can setup with security and sweep your opp.'s team, thanks to Sash, and Crawdaunt can do it perfectly with Knock Off, Aqua Jet and Crabhammer. It can be used like a revenge killer, too.

Toxicroak >>>
RestTalk Mega Ampharos

Now that you have a good Swords Dance Sweeper, Mega Ampharos can be a good partner to protect you from status, Burn and Paralyze, specially, but it has a better role, protect you from Entei, a big threat to your team. Mega-Ampharos can give you momentum with Volt Switch, and make a VoltTurn core with Whimsicott.

Other Opitions

You can run Life Orb over Focus Sash on Crawdaunt, but I recommend that you use Focus Sash anyway.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse

Crawdaunt @ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Gl with the team :)
Thank you for the suggestions, I was really weak to Entei you are right. I'll definitely try them out :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)