OU Rhydon or Golem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always preferred Rhydon for one simple reason. I only had one gameboy and no friends :(

I couldn't get Golem if I tried with RBY. OR GSC. Or RSE. Not until recently did i discover the trading trick you can do in DPP.

Also Nidoking is BAMF

What i would do is teach Rhydon surf and let the laughs ensue as you crush their Golem under the powerful waves. So i say, Rhydon and surf>Golem imo. You can't go wrong with the first pokemon ever created.

For exploding, use Golem or Electrode. :naughty:

Competitively speaking, yes it would be pretty dumb given Rhydon surf in this current generation, but we are speaking in RBY terms, which makes it slightly less idiotic if at all. Besides, i always thought of it as joke to put surf on Rhydon and i wasn't really being serious at all. I have no idea what stirred you to anger, so chill.

Now, using luvdisk constantly in any tier and expecting to win would be "the dumbest shit ever".

@borat- i don't believe i recommended surf on Rhydon for any serious battles against Golem or any other pokemon. Yes, i am at fault I'll admit that wasn't the smartest thing to post. Though even in a joke battle, it's not a good idea i see that now.

To add a better answer i didn't have anyone to trade with, so i was stuck with Rhydon/Graveler. It's up to the trainer to decide which one they want on their team. They are both useful though Golem learns rock throw (useful against the legendary birds) and explosion naturally.

The Surf Idea might actually work, but I would put Rhydon on anyway since it can use its resistances better coming on something like HyperBeam or Double Edge, and(what else?)start pounding the foe with STAB EQ's or ROck Slides.
Anyway, Golem has worser defensive stats and is a pain to get, especially since Link Cables are neither abundant nor of any real worth today.

Surf Rhydon loses to Golem anyway. Golem is usually the best option though this depends on the team. Rhydon could be useful in a para-offensive based team. But Golem can actually beat Eggy/Starmie/whatever by exploding.

I'm pretty sure Golem had the most powerful explosion in R/B/Y, so can K.O a counter on the switch, but Rhydon has a more powerful EQ and can tank more normal hits with it's sturdier build.

They're both pretty decent, it's just what you need on your team.

I agree with Donny Mae, it's all dependent on the team you run. If you use a more bulky defensive team, I'd probably use Rhydon for it's better defense and HP. If you run a more offensive team that would appreciate getting a free switch-in after you explode, then I would recommend Golem.

if rhydon is going to use any special moves then it should use ice beam as i believe ggfan once noted. its the only sensible move besides eq/rs/body slam because at least rhydon can score a lucky freeze. surf is pointless because eq 2hkos golem anyway.

and with this post, i guess that makes it 387 more posts until i reach your level of failure. ill keep that in mind.

Rhydon. It has far superior Attack, thus can pack quite a punch. Exploding is the only difference Golem has, everything else on the offensive side Rhydon can do better.

This is just an opinion, seeing as this thread was made in March and by now the OP probably chose which he/she would go with.

Rhydon, I just like it, more attack than Golem anyway. But I love Golem as well because Geodude was my first shiny Pokemon.
OMG mine too. Golden geodude FTW!

Anyway i didnt play competitively back in rby so i cant say. I'd probably go with golem though. Explosion is just too sexy, especially with unresisted stabs and only 1 ghost (who is weak to eq). Rhydons better offensive and defensive abilities are probably not worth much. Also from what i understand almost every team had 1 of these guys and its better to pick the one who can win 1 on 1

Rhydon has a bigger attack, but Golem has a bigger defense. Golem can explode. Rhydon can learn Special moves. (kind of a mute point.) It basically comes down to preference. Do you want a Rhino, or a Rock Turtle or Stone Golem, do you wanna explode or not. Just remember once you explode with Golem he's gone, Rhydon will still be alive. What is something that can be said about Rhydon and Golem that hasn't be said already. I love my Golem and he can explode, and I will always use Golem. Some people will use Rhydon.

Rhydon, because I have no friends, and I thought Blizzard, Fire Blast etc was a good moveset for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)