Rickheg vs. Steampowered 2v2 singles (AR: levren, TR: Flora)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rickheg vs. Steampowered

2v2 singles
3 day DQ
Switch=KO
no items
all abilities

Arena:

The town floating on the water, Pacifidlog. With the abundance of water around, Water moves cost 2 less energy. Since the air is so humid, electric moves gain 1 BAP. Fire moves are strictly prohibited, as they could light the town on fire, and would be just terrible. Siesmic moves are also prohibited, as is the move Dig, since it would have no results anyway.

Rickheg's team:

Whimsicott (Levi) (M)
Nature: Modest (Adds to Special Attack; Subtracts from Attack)

Type: Grass
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilties:
Prankster: (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Infiltrator: (Innate) Through a combination of speed and cunning this Pokemon easily gets around Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

Chlorophyll: (Innate)(Dream World Locked) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2(-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4(+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 116

EC: 6/6
MC: 3
DC: 5/5

Absorb
Growth
Gust
Leech Seed
Stun Spore
Mega Drain
Cotton Spore
Razor Leaf
Poison Powder
Encore
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Hurricane

Worry Seed
GrassWhistle
Encore

Protect
Substitute
Energy Ball
Hidden Power Fire (7)
Psychic
Shadow Ball

Carracosta [Atlantis] (Male)
Nature: Quiet (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.
Type: Water/Rock
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Solid Rock
Type: Innate
This Pokemon’s body is extremely solid and durable, and the Base Attack Power of incoming super-effective attacks is reduced by two (2).

Ability 2: Sturdy
This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.

Ability 3: Swift Swim (DW)
The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 4(+)
Spe: 27(-)

MC: 0
DC: 3/5

Attacks:
Bide
Withdraw
Water Gun
Rollout
Bite
Protect
Aqua Jet
AncientPower
Crunch
Wide Guard
Rock Slide
Rain Dance

Body Slam
Flail
Iron Defense

Toxic
Dig
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Scald

Rotom [Plasma Moto] (genderless)
Nature: Modest (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Attack)
Type: Electric/Fire

Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Levitate
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Bulldoze, Dig, Earthquake, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Stats:

HP: 90
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 5(+)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 86

EC: n/a
MC: 1
DC: n/a

Attacks:
Trick
Astonish
Thunder Wave
Thundershock
Conuse Ray
Uproar
Double Team
Shock Wave
Hex
Charge
Discharge
Substitute
Overheat

Pain Split
Mud Slap

Light Screen
Shadow Ball
Will-O-Wisp
Toxic

Steampowered's team:

Lemon (F) Galvantula (*)

Type:

Bug Bug STAB; Anger Powder, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Roost have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Electric Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.

Abilities:

Compoundeyes (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.

Unnerve (Innate) The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Swarm (DW) (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, Scissor Cross from 8 to 10)

MC: 2
DC: 3/5

Nature:

Timid A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage. (Formula: ACC Boost = (New Base^2)/Divisor [Round Up] Cap: 30) The Divisor is 1000 for fully evolved Pokemon (+16%); Subtracts * from Attack

HP: 90
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 124 (108 x 1.15) (+)

Attacks

String Shot(*)
Leech Life(*)
Spider Web(*)
Thunder Wave(*)
Screech(*)
Fury Cutter(*)
Electroweb(*)
Bug Bite(*)
Gastro Acid(*)

Cross Poison(*)
Faint Attack(*)
Disable(*)

Thunderbolt(*)
Energy Ball(*)
Hidden Power(Ice, 7) (*)
Bug Buzz
Signal Beam
Thunder

Luminato (F) Lanturn

Type:

Water Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Electric Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.

Abilities:

Illuminate (Can be Activated) At any point in a match this Pokemon can illuminate the area without using an action, the light is less powerful than Flash.

Volt Absorb (Innate) This Pokemon absorbs all electrical attacks and instead of taking damage, recovering 50% of the damage an electrical attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with electricity to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself. Thunder Wave has no effect on the Pokemon.

Water Absorb (DW) (Innate) This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with water to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself.

EC 6/6
MC 0
DC 3/5

Nature:

Modest Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Attack
HP: 120

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 67

Attacks

Supersonic
Bubble
Thunder Wave
Flail
Confuse Ray
Water Gun
Spark
Take Down

Shock Wave
Brine
Agility

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Scald
Discharge
Signal Beam

Order of actions:
Rickheg sends out his first pokemon
Steampowered sends out his pokemon and gives orders
Rickheg gives his orders
I ref

Alright, this probably won't go well for me no matter which way it starts. Atlantis, you have a new movepool, let's see what you can do!

Alright, let's go Luminato!

this is your first battle since evolving so let's win this one!

We're easily faster than a Tirtouga so start with a Confuse Ray to get him all messed up, follow up with a boosted Discharge thanks to this arena's circumstances (+ 1 BAP on all electric moves) finish up with a Thunderbolt for some awesome damage.

We don't want to let him walk all over you, Atlantis. Start off with Protect to prevent any confusion, then Toxic him, because I think we're gonna need the additional damage...then finish up with Stone Edge, and let's see where that leaves us.

Atlantis (M)
Energy: 100

VS.

Luminato (F)
HP: 120
Energy: 100

In the quaint town in the middle of the sea in Hoenn known as Pacifidlog Town, two friends meet in the middle of it, and lock eyes. To start, Rickheg sends out his Carracosta, known as Atlantis, out to battle.

Sizing up his opponent's Pokemon, Steampowered decides to use his Lanturn, known as Luminato, to take on his opponent.

To start off the battle, Luminato fires of a
Ray of Confusion, but in the nick of time Atlantis uses Protect, negating any affect of the Confuse Ray.

Feeling like dealing some damage, Luminato lets loose a Discharge, which becomes a bit stronger due to the humidity. Instead of choosing to deal the damage right back to his opponent, Atlantis chooses to spit a Toxic liquid at Luminato, which causes Luminato to become badly poisoned.

To end the first round, Luminato decides to deal some more damage by letting loose a powered up Thunderbolt. Finally feeling like getting some action, Atlantis uses Stone Edge to crush the little fish, thus ending the round.

Round 1 1st Action:

Atlantis uses Protect and uses 7 energy

Luminato uses Confuse Ray to no effect and uses 5 energy

Round 1 2nd Action:

Luminato uses Discharge dealing 16 damage and uses 6 energy

Atalantis uses Toxic badly poisoning him and using 7 energy

Luminato Loses 1 HP due to poisoning

Round 1 3rd Action:

Luminato uses Thunderbolt dealing 19 damage and uses 6 energy

Atlantis use Stone Edge dealing 16 damage and uses 6 energy

Luminato loses 1 HP due to poisoning

End of Round 1:

Atlantis (M)
HP: 65
Energy: 80

VS

Luminato (F)
HP: 102
Energy: 83

Well, that went as well as I should have expected. I kinda put us behind the 8-ball with this arena, Atlantis. Let's see just how badly we can hurt this thing, yeah?

Crunch > Stone Edge > Crunch
If he uses Thunderbolt, insert Protect into the Queue and push all actions back, but only once

Start of Round 2:

Atlantis (M)
HP: 65
Energy: 80

VS

Luminato (F)
HP: 102
Energy: 83

At the start of the 2nd round, Luminato decides touse Confuse Ray, severely confusing Atlantis. Atlantis tries to attack with Crunch, but ends up hurting himself in confusion.

Wanting to hinder her opponent even more, Luminato fires off a Wave of Thunder, Paralyzing Atlantis. Eager to prove that no amount of status problems can stop him, Atlantis uses Stone Edge, without succumbing to either of his ailments.

To finally end the
round, Luminato Discharges some more electricity at her opponent, dealing a good amount of damage in the process. Feeling a bit hungry, Atlantis decides to try sushi, and Crunches down on Luminato, but hates the flavor and spits her right back out.

Round 2 Action 1:
Luminato uses Confuse Ray, Severely Confusing Atlantis and using 5 energy

Atlantis uses Crunch, but hits himself in confusion, doing 3 damage to self and uses 3 energy

Lumiato loses 2 HP

Round 2 Action 2:
Luminato uses Thunderwave, Paralyzing Atlantis and uses 6 energy

Atlantis uses Stone Edge, dealing 16 damage and uses 6 energy

Luminato loses 2 HP

Round 3 Action 3:

Atlantis uses Chrunch dealing 11 damage and using 6 energy

Luminato Loses 2 HP

End of round 2:

Atlantis (M)
HP: 46
Energy: 65

VS

Luminato (F)
HP: 69
Energy: 66

Well, that went a little better. Still need to do a lot more to this Lanturn if we're gonna win. I have an idea so vague it can't possibly work. But let's try it anyway. If I had sub, this would be easier.

Protect > Stone Edge > Protect

Start of round 3:

Atlantis (M)
HP: 46
Energy: 65

VS

Luminato (F)
HP: 69
Energy: 66

After being mistaken for sushi, Luminato wanted to get back at her opponent, and unleashes a Thunderbolt, but in the nick of time Atlantis throws up a Protective barrier, blocking the damage completely.

As her last move was blocked completely, Luminato decides to Discharge a large amount of electricity, this time hitting her intended target. Trying to stay a contender in this battle, Atlantis fires off a Stone Edge.

Wanting to end the round strong, Luminato uses Thunderbolt, but just like last time Atlantis starts to throw up another Protect. However, he ends up fully Paralyzed and is struck by the bolt of thunder.

Round 3 1st Action:

Atlantis uses Protect and uses 13 energy

Luminato uses Thunderbolt to no effect and uses 6 energy

Luminato loses 3 HP

Round 3 2nd Action:

Atlantis uses Stone Edge dealing 16 damage and uses 6 energy

Luminato loses 3 HP

Round 3 Action 3:

Atlantis uses Protect, but ends up paralyzed

Luminato uses Thunderbolt dealing 19 damage and uses 6 energy

Luminato loses 3 HP

End of round 3:

Atlantis (M)
HP: 11
Energy: 46

VS

Luminato (F)
HP: 44
Energy: 48

Well, this isn't good at all...Okay Atlantis, Plasma Moto is our only hope of winning, so we gotta weaken this thing more so he can come in relatively unharmed. Start by Protecting again, then fire away with Aqua Jet. If you somehow get a third action, Stone Edge

We've gone past DQ. I'm willing to call it, I don't think Steampowered is getting back online for a while
EDIT: yeah, I'm willing to let this match continue if you're back.

Is it ok if I post, from the looks of it, it isn't officially over, I'm super sorry, I went on vacation and forgot to tell everyone and now I feel really stupid.

Agility while he Protects and finish him with a Discharge

Start of round 4:

Atlantis (M)
HP: 11
Energy: 46

VS

Luminato (F)
HP: 44
Energy: 48

At the start of the fourth round, Atlantis felt like there was going to be another attack right off the bat, so he throws up a Protective to stop any damage coming his way. Seeing that her opponentconjured up a shield, Luminato takes advantage of the move, and starts to zoom around the arena to strengthen up her Agility.

Knowing with his opponent has boosted speed, and this may very well be his last move, Atlantis Covers himself in Aqua, and shoots off like a Jet, before his opponent can make a move. Wanting to take down her opponent, Luminato once again, takes advantage of the humid climate, and lets loose a powered up Discharge, finishing off her opponent.

Round 4 1st Action:
Atlantis Uses Protect using 7 Energy

Luminato uses Agility boosting her speed 2
stages and uses 7 energy

Luminato lose 4 HP

Round 4 2nd Action:
Atlantis uses Aqua Jet dealing 7 damage and uses 2 energy

Luminato loses 4 HP

End of round 4:

Atlantis (M)
HP: KO
Energy: KO

VS

Luminato (F)
HP: 29
Energy: 37

Unfortunately, my fate lies with Plasma Moto the Rotom-H

Also, I'm getting that Aqua Jet should have done more.

[4 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5]*2/3 resist = 6.667 Damage. I could have messed up somewhere, though.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
^correcting

levren, I think you should lay out your entire calculations in future reffings. Just do something like this:

Atlantis (Aqua Jet): (4+3+3) x .67 = 6.7 ~ 7 damage

Perhaps doing that will allow you to prevent making these strange errors.

Steampowered is past DQ again, and he hasn't been online in almost a week.

I don't want to be a jerk, but there's stuff I need to train and this battle slot is basically just taking up space right now. I'd like to call DQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)