1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Completed Rising_Dusk vs. Westwind (2v2 Singles)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Berserker Lord, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berserker Lord

Berserker Lord unreliable analysis writer.

Arena Details for my convinence

Order:

Westwind sends out Pokemon
    Dusk sends out Pokemon and issues actions
    Westwind issues actions
    I do the hard work.
  2. Westwind

Westwind

Hmm, our first battle. Let's go, Vuelo!

[​IMG]
    Cottonee (*) Vuelo (M)
    Modest

By the way, I'm Westwind, not Windsong.
  3. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Sneasel, let's get the job done right!

[​IMG]
    Sneasel (M)*
    Nature: Jolly

Alright, Sneasel, Cottonee are known for their tricks, and you can't afford to suffer any of it. Lead off with Taunt to get this going right. Second round, boost up with Swords Dance to really get rolling, and third round smash him with Ice Punch!

Taunt ~ Swords Dance ~ Ice Punch
  4. Westwind

Westwind

Well, I guess I have to go the full on attack route... We are gonna take some damage. We can't boost up, or prohibit them.

Energy Ball ~ Energy Ball ~ Mega Drain
  5. Berserker Lord

Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Cottonee (*) Vuelo (M)
    Nature: Modest (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Attack)
    Type: Grass
    Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
    Prankster: (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.
    Infiltrator: (Innate) Through a combination of speed and cunning this Pokemon easily gets around Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.
    Chlorophyll (DW): (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:

HP: 90
    Atk: * (-)
    Def: ***
    SpA: *** (+)
    SpD: **
    Spe: 66
    EC: 0/6
    MC: 0
    DC: 0

Attacks:
    Absorb (*)
    Growth (*)
    Leech Seed (*)
    Stun Spore (*)
    Mega Drain (*)
    Cotton Spore (*)
    Razor Leaf (*)
    PoisonPowder (*)

GrassWhistle (*)
    Fake Tears (*)
    Tickle (*)

Energy Ball (*)
    Double Team (*)
    Sunny Day (*)

Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Sneasel (M)*

Nature: Jolly
    Special Attack reduced by *. Provides a 15% increase in Base Speed (Rounded Up) and a +5% flat increase in accuracy on this Pokemon's attacks.

Type: Dark / Ice
    Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use more devious Dark-type attacks while attracted. Revenge and Vengeance have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Ice STAB; Immune to freezing, no vision loss or damage in Hail, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail, Hail heals burns on Ice-typed Pokemon.

Abilities:
    Inner Focus:
    (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Keen Eye:
    (Innate) This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by any means. Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion.

Wicked Thief (DW):
    (Innate) This Pokemon's mischievous nature and greed make it very effective at pawning off an opponents item. If this Pokemon has no item and the opposing Pokemon strikes it with a contact attack, their item is stolen and becomes the held item of this Pokemon.

Stats:
    Atk: ***
    Def: **
    SpA-: *
    SpD: ***
    Spe+: 133

EC: 0/6
    MC: 1
    DC: 1/5

Attacks:
    Scratch*
    Leer*
    Taunt*
    Quick Attack*
    Screech*
    Faint Attack*
    Fury Swipes*
    Agility*

Ice Shard*
    Ice Punch*
    Pursuit*

Swords Dance*
    Brick Break*
    Aerial Ace*

Two trainers are standing in field that is surrounded by vast trees that stretch out for miles. Why exactly they decided to battle in such a secluded place is anybodys guess, but it's clear that the older of the trainers seems to think he's won already, and sends out a happy looking Sneasel. Our other trainer now looks quite flustered, but sucks it up and sends out his Pokemon, a cute little Cottonee, which is a confusing, if not completely risky option, but maybe the Cottnee (Who is known as Vuelo) can pull a trick out of his sleeve.

Sneasel starts out our fight by... insulting Vuelo? Yes, while we don't know what exactly Sneasel is saying that is so insulting, the Taunt enrages Vuelo, who responds with a green ball of energy, knocking back Sneasel a few feet.

Deciding to take a bit of a more offensive approach, Sneasel starts up a mystical dance, transparent swords waving through the air. Vuelo is still pissed off at Sneasel, so he lets loose another Energy Ball, knocking Sneasel ever closer to the trees.

Now Sneasel runshes towards Vuelo, raising his fist, which is starting to freeze over, and smashes Vuelo in the face with an Ice Punch, which must have hit Vuelo somewhere quite sensetive because he's launched into a tree, reeling from the critical hit it just recieved. Vuelo now decides he wants some HP back, so he sends out a Mega Drain to get some HP back.

[​IMG]
    Energy: 79%
    HP: 62 (Check this Rising_Dusk, because I think I screwed up, but can't find where)

[​IMG]
    Energy: 81%
    HP: 70

Westwind
    Dusk
    Me
  6. Westwind

Westwind

Hmm... Let's try to gain some more health back.

Energy Ball~Mega Drain~Energy Ball

Considering that Rising_Dusk said it was my turn, I think I'm doing this right... if not tell me or delete this post.
  7. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Nope, you're doing it right! Notice how it says at the end of BLord's post that you go first? That means it's your action list first in that round. Also, heads up everyone, but the calcs in BLord's last post were off. I sent him an update via PM of what they should be.

--

Alright, Sneasel, you'll take a bit of damage here but will make up for it all with this round. Go all out, give that Cottonee everything you've got!

Ice Punch ~ Ice Shard ~ Ice Punch
  8. Berserker Lord

[​IMG]
    Energy: 79%
    HP: 62
    Boosts/Drops: 1+ Attack
    Other:
    Actions: Ice Punch, Ice Shard, Ice Punch

[​IMG]
    Energy: 81%
    HP: 70
    Boosts/Drops:
    Other:
    Actions: Energy Ball, Mega Drain, Energy Ball

As our second round in this match starts, Sneasel rushes up to Vuelo and unleashes another deadly Ice Punch, launching Vuelo into another tree. Vuelo managaes to regain his composure and draws in the power of nature and lets it loose in an green Energy Ball, knocking Sneasel off-balance.

Noticing the distence that seperates him from Vuelo, Sneasel flash freezes some of the moisture in the air, twirls around (I always imagine that this helps with the speed of the attack) and launches the Ice Shard at Vuelo, leaving a large gash in his body. Now in soem serious pain, Vuelo unleashes a Mega Drain at Sneasel, which seaps into his body, draining some of his health and transferring it to Vuelo.

Now angry at his health being stolen, Sneasel dashes with amazing speed at Vuelo and smashes Vuelo against the trunk of the tree behind it with another Ice Punch. The smash leaves Vuelo in great pain, but Vuelo manages to regain his composure and lets loose with a particularly vicious Energy Ball, which manages to hit Sneasel in a very sensetive spot, scoring a critical hit, and it seems that some of the residue from that attack is seeping into Sneasels wounds, lowering its special defence.

[​IMG]
    Energy: 67%
    HP: 31

[​IMG]
    Energy: 61%
    HP: 16

Dusk
    West
    Me
  9. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

Just a note, but because I used Swords Dance on my second action of the round and not the first, I'm actually at +2 that last round and +1 now. Each Ice Punch should do 20 damage and the Ice Shard should do 14 for a total of 54 damage to Vuelo. It seems you got the calculations right, though, but just typoed the Attack stage boost. Just don't want you to forget for this coming round since that +1 Attack will matter. ;)

Also: critical hit + SpD drop makes me a sad panda.

--

Sneasel, great job! You took a nasty hit that last round at the end, so we need to put him down before it hurts! Rush in and take that Cottonee out! One Ice Punch should do it, but if you need to, back off and go for the priority hit with a follow-up punch!

Ice Punch ~ Ice Shard ~ Ice Punch
  10. Westwind

Westwind

Well... only one thing to do now!

Energy Ball ~ Energy Ball ~ Energy Ball
  11. Berserker Lord

[​IMG]
    Energy: 67%
    Boosts/Drops: +1 Attack, -1 Special Defence
    Other:
    Actions: Ice Punch, Ice Shard, Ice Punch

[​IMG]
    HP: 16
    Boosts/Drops:
    Other:
    Actions: Energy Ball, Energy Ball, Energy Ball

Just as the round starts, Sneasel's trainer bellows out his command, which is an Ice Punch. Sneasel suddenly gets a sick grin plastered on his mouth, and rushes up to Vuelo, using the momentum to smash Vuelo with an Ice Punch, which launches Vuelo into a tree trunk, shattering it from the savage ferocity of the Ice Punch, and buries Vuelo under heavy wood shards, and he stops moving.

[​IMG]
    Energy: 62%

Westwind sends out last pokemon
    Dusk issues actions
    Westwind Actions
    me
  12. Westwind

Westwind

Let's go, Faccila!

[​IMG]
    Mantyke (*) Faccila (M)
    Nature: Calm
  13. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

Alright, Sneasel! You've accomplished a lot so far, so good job! I suspect that you'll survive this round of attacks without fainting, but we're not going to chance it either way. You're not going to set up at all! Just go all out; Ice Punch on every action! If, however, he attempts to set up Double Team at any point, substitute that action with Taunt.

Ice Punch ~ Ice Punch ~ Ice Punch
    IF (Mantyke attempts Double Team) THEN (Replace action with Taunt)
  14. Westwind

Westwind

Well, Faccila, time to see how good you are! We've got to prohibit him as much as possible. Supersonic for distraction, then Haze, and then, strike with Bubblebeam.

Supersonic ~ Haze ~ Bubblebeam
  15. Berserker Lord

[​IMG]
    Hp: 90
    Energy: 100%
    Boosts/Drops:
    Other:
    Actions: Supersonic, Haze, Bubblebeam

[​IMG]
    Boosts/ Drops:
    Other:
    Actions: Ice Punch, Ice Punch, Ice Punch

Our younger trainer manages to get Vuelo out of that wood pile, and in his place, comes out a Mantyke named Faccila. Sneasel doesn't seem to think this will be that much of a challenge, because he's just rushing in and delivering an Ice Punch right to Faccila's face. faccila is launched back a small distance, but regains his composure and lets out a Supersonic in hopes of messing up Sneasel, but Sneasel anticipated this and covers his ears to block out the sound.

Sneasel rushes in to deliver another punishing Ice Punch, knocking Faccila even closer to the thick woods. Faccila decides to retalate with a belch of dark Haze, which, while not having any physical effect on the battle, is making it incredibley hard to see how's where, especially considering how deep in the woods they are.

Despite the hoeeible visibility at the moment, we can still make out the shapes of the two Pokemon. Sneasel goes in for what looks like an Ice Punch, but misses his mark by a large margin. Faccila lets lose some bubbles in a BubbleBeam, but these also miss their intended target.

[​IMG]
    Energy: 40%

[​IMG]
    HP: 66
    Energy: 86%

Westwind
    Dusk
    me
  16. Westwind

Westwind

Gah. So much hax. Well, Let's try to get a hit in. Supersonic to mess it up, and then all out, unless Supersonic misses.

Supersonic ~ Bubblebeam (Supersonic if first misses) ~ Bubblebeam (Supersonic if first two miss)
  17. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

Alright, Sneasel you shouldn't have missed that last Ice Punch! You're Dark-type, you can see through haze really well!! Anyway, not much we can do now. Since he's leading with Supersonic, however, let's throw that one off by Taunting it! After that, we're down to our last leg, so just beat it up with Ice Punch again and again!

Taunt ~ Ice Punch ~ Ice Punch
  18. Berserker Lord

[​IMG]
    Hp: 66
    Energy: 86
    Boosts/Drops:
    Other:
    Actions: Supersonic, BubbleBeam, BubbleBeam

[​IMG]
    Hp: 31
    Energy: 40%
    Boosts:Drops:
    Other:
    Actions: Taunt, Ice Punch, Ice Punch

Sneasel starts out the round by unsulting and giving rude gestures to the Mantyke. This little Taunt manages to enrage Faccila, the only thing on his mind now is to pulverise the rude Sneasel.

Sneasel now decides to go on the offense and delivers a brutal Ice Punch, slamming Faccila onto the ground in a critical hit. Faccila, now moaning lowly with pain, manages to get his composure back and let loose a harsh stream of Bubblebeam, the water getting into Sneasels wounds, making Sneasel yell in pain from the critical hit.

Now furious, Sneasel uses all its power to unleash a devastating Ice Punch, launching Faccila into a tree, where a huge branch breaks off and hits Faccila on the head. Now utterly disoriented, Faccila struugles to unleash a BubbleBeam, which miraculously, hits Sneasel dead on, seeping even deeper into his wounds.

[​IMG]
    HP: 8
    Energy: 19%

[​IMG]
    HP: 39
    Energy: 76%

Dusk
    Westwind
    Me
  19. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

Darned that critical hit! Oh well, since you got one too, Sneasel, it wasn't too bad a loss. You've done well, my friend, but you won't last the round. I'm amazed you haven't frozen Mantyke with Ice Punch yet, but keep trying! Maybe you'll get it on these last hits! Give it all you've got!

Ice Punch ~ Ice Punch ~ Ice Punch
  20. Westwind

Westwind

Dang it, well, nice crit, Faccila! Let's go all-out offensive!

Bubblebeam ~ Bubblebeam ~ Bubblebeam
  21. Berserker Lord

Not going to be putting actions, status, and all that jazz because this round is quick.

Sneasel appears to be having immense trouble even managing to stand up, but he manages to hit Faccial with an Ice Punch, but alas, there was no crit! Faccila easily bounces back from the hit and lets loose a harsh BubbleBeam, hitting Sneasel directly, once again, seeping into his wounds. Sneasel tries despretley to stay standing, but collapses to his knees, then falls face down into the soft grass.

Dusk sends out Pokemon
    Westwind actions
    Dusk Actions
    Me
  22. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

Good work Sneasel, you've earned a rest! Alright then, let's finish the job Riolu!

[​IMG]
    Riolu (M)*
    Nature: Naive
  23. Westwind

Westwind

Ok, we've got to use strategy, as you have taken some damage. Let's try to confuse them first, and then deal some damage!

Confuse Ray ~ Bubblebeam ~ Bubblebeam
  24. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

Alright, Riolu! Fortunately, our opponent forgot that Mantyke is still Taunted for two more actions thanks to Sneasel! That means his Confuse Ray will fail! Take advantage of this opening and do enough damage to put it down! Crunch on the first action, Brick Break on the second even though its resisted, and Crunch on the third action as well! This should be enough to put him down! Go for the finisher!

Crunch ~ Brick Break ~ Crunch
  25. Berserker Lord

[​IMG]
    Energy: 100%
    Boosts/Drops:
    Other:
    Actions: Crunch, Brick Break, Crunch

[​IMG]
    Hp: 27
    Energy: 76%
    Boosts/Drops:
    Other:
    Actions: Confuse Ray, Bubblebeam, Bubblebeam

Out comes a Riolu to replace the fainted Sneasel. Riolu immeaditley rushes right at Faccila, opens it's mouth, and Crunch'es down on Faccila. Faccila howls in pain, and tries to fire off a Confuse Ray, but he just couldn't concentrate due to the Taunt Sneasel inflicted on him.

Rioul decides to switch things up, and raises his hand and smashes Faccila down into the ground with a Brick Break. Faccila struggles to aim a Bubblebeam at Riolu, but the pain of the last two attacks make his aim bad, and he only blows bubbles into the air.

Looking at the pain that Faccila is, Riolu decides not to waste time and finish this off. He opens his jaw wide open and Crunches down on Faccila again. Faccila Utters a deafening scream of pain, and then lies still on the ground.

Rising_Dusk is the winner!!

For tokens, Dusk Gets:

Sneasel: 1 KO counter/1 EC/1 DC/1 MC
    Riolu: 1 KO counter/1 EC/1 DC/1 MC

Westwind gets:

Cottonne: 1 EC/1 DC/1 MC
    Mantyke: 1 KO Counter/1 EC/1 DC/1 MC

I get 2 Ref Tokens.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)