1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Completed RisingDusk vs SimonSays-the arena with no floor, 1v1(Metal Bagon=ref TravelLog=tutor)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Metal Bagon, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metal Bagon

Metal Bagon

"I JUST ESCAPED FROM A BURNING CASTLE AND YOUR EXPECTING ME TO REF ON THE TOP OF A PILLIAR AND IF YOU FALL OFF THAT PILLIAR YOU FALL INTO THE SEA." I shout

"Well, yeah," the two challengers reply.

"Hey look on on the bright side, if you complete this reffing you'll graduate from the Referee training program," says the random guy who always seems to be there when I ref and points out the flaws in my reffing, I think his name is TravelLog.

"But they are only paying two RC." I whine. *ring-ring----ring-ring.*
    Sorry I've got to take this, it's my banker." I say.

*Hangs up.*

"OK I've gone broke it seems, after buying 3 new pokemon, so yeah, I'll ref now" I state with fake happiness.

"OK then heres our teams," the two battlers say.
    Team Rising Dusk
    [​IMG]
    Chatot (open)
    Chatot (M)
    Chatot (open)

Nature: Mild
    +1 SpA, -1 Def

Type: Normal / Flying
    Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
    Keen Eye:
    (Innate) This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by an opponent through any means (including accuracy lowering attacks, Smogs, Hazes, Fog, etc.). Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion and the Pokemon's own accuracy.

Tangled Feet:
    (Innate) When confused, this Pokemon moves around in a haphazard manner, increasing their evasion by one (1) stage. These Pokemon will never damage themselves in confusion. If the Pokemon also has Own Tempo, The duration of confusion doubles.

Big Pecks (DW):
    (Innate) This Pokemon's sturdy wings prevent its defense from being lowered. The rate its natural defense drops after a boost is also halved from one every round to once every two (2) rounds.

Stats:
    HP: 100
    Atk: 3
    Def-: 1
    SpA+: 4
    SpD: 2
    Spe: 91

MC: 0
    DC: 0/5

Attacks:
    Peck-
    Growl-
    Mirror Move-
    Sing-
    Fury Attack-
    Chatter-
    Taunt-

Encore-
    Nasty Plot-
    Night Shade-

Pluck-
    Substitute-
    Fly-

Team Simon Says
    [​IMG]
    Baltoy (open)
    Baltoy (SandGiant)
    Nature: Relaxed (Add One (1) Rank to Defense; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) to opponent's attacks directed at this Pokemon.)

Type: Ground/Psychic
    Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.
    Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
    Levitate: (Trait) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Bulldoze, Dig, Earthquake, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Stats:
    HP: 90
    Atk: Rank 2
    Def: Rank 3 (+)
    SpA: Rank 2
    SpD: Rank 3
    Spe: 47 (55 / 1.15, rounded down)

EC: 0/6
    MC: 0

Attacks:
    Confusion
    Harden
    Rapid Spin
    Mud Slap
    Psybeam
    Rock Tomb
    SelfDestruct
    AncientPower
    Cosmic Power
    Earth Power
    Extrasensory

Calm Mind
    SolarBeam
    Bulldoze

Now without further ado, leeeeetttttttttssss GO!!!

1. Rising Dusk's Pokemon
    2. Simon Says Pokemon and actions
    3. Rising Dusk's actions
  2. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]
    "Alright, Chatot! I know you're not on my main team, which is why this battle doesn't count, but I have faith that you can do this regardless! Take that Baltoy down!"

[​IMG]
    Chatot (M)
    Nature: Mild
    Ability: Keen Eye
  3. SimonSays

SimonSays

Hmm... So, out of the pokemon that I've brought with me...

I choose SandGiant! Who is clearly the best choice. =] @Levitate.

Alright, lead with a Rock Tomb to do some decent damage and drop his speed a stage. Then, do it again, for consistency. Then, I guess a Psybeam is in order.

Rock Tomb ~ Rock Tomb ~ Psybeam
    Sub Rock Tomb action 3 if any previous missed.
  4. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]
    "We can take these attacks in stride! Don't want to let our Speed drop too far, or this will result in him outspeeding us! By doing it this way, we'll drop his attack to manageable levels and still keep our energy high! Because we'll dodge the first Rock Tomb, he'll try it again on the last action for massive energy cost!"

Chatot:
    Fly ~ Growl ~ Fly
  5. Metal Bagon

Metal Bagon

Pre-Round
    [​IMG]
    Chatot (M)
    HP: 100
    Energy: 100
    Stat Boosts/Drops:
    Other:
    [​IMG]
    Baltoy – Sand Giant (X)
    HP: 90
    Energy: 100
    Stat Boosts/Drops:
    Other:
    Aaaaaaah! I just remembered I hate heights! OK, go Metal Phoenix the Skarmory! I don’t want to stay on this Pilliar any longer!

What the Heck! Simon Says you told his Baltoy to destroy my pilliar to use it as a tomb of rocks for Chatot! Lucky I had Metal Phoenix with me. However, Chatot uses fly to avoid those rocks and then swoops down and slams into the Baltoy.

“Sand Giant use rock tomb again,” Simon Says Says (lol). This time hit Chatot and it looks like some pebbles got caught in his primary feathers, lowering his speed! Chatot responds by letting out a menacing growl, making Sand Giant the Baltoy more scared to attack. Thus lowering his attack stat!

Despite having pebbles in his feathers, Chatot fl(y)ies up into the sky at relatively fast speed, but Sand Giant the Baltoy has learnt his, uh, her, uh it’s lesson; And throws the rocks up into the sky, hitting the Chatot!

After using Rock tomb 3 times in a row Sand Giant looks tired out but Chatot still looks fresh and is just getting started, will Rising Dusk’s experience pull threw for him against Simon Says Powerful ways?
    Post-Round
    [​IMG]
    Chatot (M)
    HP: 80
    Energy: 82
    Stat Boosts/Drops: -1 speed
    Other:
    [​IMG]
    Baltoy – Sand Giant (X)
    HP: 66
    Energy: 76
    Stat Boosts/Drops: -1 attack
    Other:

calcs (open)

Chatot
    Fly 7 energy 12 damage
    Growl 4 energy Baltoy’s lowered by one (1) stage
    Fly 7 energy 12 damage

Baltoy
    Rock Tomb 4 energy RNG rolled 89/100 for a miss
    Rock Tomb 8 energy 10 damage
    Rock Tombo 12 energy 10 damage

If I'm correct Rising Dusk is to issue his actions first.
  6. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

(Heads up, but Smack Down is the move that hits during Fly, not Rock Throw. Furthermore, the second action Rock Throw should only do 8 damage because of Growl.)

[​IMG]
    "Alright, that went fairly well! We've got to be cautious about our energy, but at the same time need to do some serious damage. Get out there and rough it up, Chatot!"

Chatot:
    Substitute (25) ~ Fly ~ Chatter
    IF (Baltoy uses Cosmic Power) THEN (Replace action with Taunt if not already Taunted)
  7. SimonSays

SimonSays

Not to self: Don't play stupidly when facing the guy who helped built the game you're playing. Not that he can also Ban you at the drop of a hat.

Alright, let's smart up a little. We're being Rash, and I think we should Calm down a little. Then let's harden up and show this Super Mod exactly what's on our mind!

Calm Mind ~ Harden (Hehe, recoil) ~ Psybeam
  8. Metal Bagon

Metal Bagon

You didn't ask for evasive fly so I assumed that Chatot would come down straight away and still get hit by the move, I just added that flavour to make it sound cooler.
  9. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

Fly always has an evasive action at 0 priority, even when not asked for. The only time you "stay Flying" is when you extend it over multiple turns for 3 extra energy per action.
  10. Metal Bagon

Metal Bagon

Round 2

Pre-Round
    [​IMG]
    Chatot (M)
    HP: 80
    Energy: 82
    Stat Boosts/Drops: -1 speed
    Other:

VS

[​IMG]
    Baltoy – Sand Giant (X)
    HP: 66
    Energy: 76
    Stat Boosts/Drops: -1 attack
    Other:

Now back the battle were each trainer stands on weird pilliars poking out from the sea and the pokemon are flying, O my goodness!

Chatot starts by creating a plush doll of himself and substitut(e)ing him for it! Sand Giant now calms his mind, going for a more controlled approach this round
    Now it’s back to the basic’s for chatot as he climbs into the sky and then flies into Sand Giant. Sand Giant, feeling hurt after that, decides to harden up his defence’s, and does just that.

Chatot now wants to discuss the battle so far and uses a bunch of complicated terms which Sand Giant doesn’t understand. The chattering makes Sand Giant get a headache, which hurts a lot. This doesn’t distract Sand Giant enough to not attack though. It launches a powerful psybeam at Chatot. Wait a second, that wasn’t Chatot, it was just a Substitute of the chatot.

Rising Dusk now has the upper hand, but can the rookie Simon Says make a comeback, even if he’s going first this round.

Post-Round
    [​IMG]
    Chatot (M)
    HP: 55
    Energy: 46
    Stat Boosts/Drops: 13 HP sub
    Other:

VS

[​IMG]
    Baltoy – Sand Giant (X)
    HP: 45
    Energy: 55
    Stat Boosts/Drops: +1 in Sp.Attack, Sp.Defence and Defence
    Other:

calcs (open)

Chatot
    Sub 25 HP 24 energy -25 HP
    Fly 7 energy 12 damage
    Chatter 4 energy 9 damage

Baltoy
    Calm Mind 7 energy Baltoy gains +1 in Sp.Attack and Sp.Defence
    Harden 7 energy +1 defence
    Psybeam 7 energy 12 damage

11. SimonSays

SimonSays

We're first again? Right, just hold the line, Baltoy.

Keep calm, that's the way. Then, let's show him what we know!

Calm Mind ~ Ancient Power ~ Confusion
    If he uses Taunt, move all actions to the left and use AncientPower on the 3rd action

Also, Chatot should have received 1 HP of recoil, due to Harden (which works, seeing as fly hits with -2 Priority). A minor nitpick, but every little bit helps.
  12. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

[​IMG]
    Ingram grins. "Let me show you why my opponents fear me! Go, Chatot! Punish him!"

Chatot:
    Fly ~ Encore Calm Mind ~ Fly
  13. TravelLog

TravelLog

As Metal Bagon has doubtless informed you, he will be out of town for a few days. As such, I am asking whether the battlers wish to wait for him to return or would like for me, as his tutor, to step in and subref.
  14. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

Actually, I wasn't aware, although it'd be nice if this were followed through ASAP. Battles to go and places to be and all that! I don't want to cut out his compensation, though, so meh, whatever works. I just received his PM. I think having you subref until he gets back would be just fine. Thanks!
  15. SimonSays

SimonSays

Seconded. =]

New ref, new actions? ~Hopeful smile~
  16. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

Hah, I'll take a new ref, but I'm not okay with new actions. :P
  17. SimonSays

SimonSays

Aww, was worth a shot...
  18. TravelLog

TravelLog

[​IMG]
    Chatot (M)
    Energy: 46
    Other:

VS

[​IMG]
    Baltoy – Sand Giant (X)
    HP: 45
    Energy: 55
    Stat Boosts/Drops: +1 in Sp.Attack, Sp.Defence and Defence
    Other:

Round Three: A Round of Applause

After a slight delay, here we are once again at the fabulous Flying Arena. As we go right back to the action, we see Chatot flying high up, flapping his wings with all his might. But surprisingly, Baltoy seems to be simply meditating in order to Calm its Mind. It looks like the meditation may have left his mental abilities slightly sharper. Interesting to say the least.

I think Chatot agrees with that last statement, as it seems to be bizarrely mashing its wings together...is that clapping? Yes! Chatot is asking for an Encore! It looks like this audience-love does the trick, since Baltoy once again Calms its Mind, gaining further mental acuity.

With Baltoy left in a rather humiliating cycle of repetition, Chatot flies high once again, waiting until Baltoy yet again calms its mind before striking the floating idol. Things are really looking bad for Baltoy. Can SimonSays turn this around!? Tune in next time to find out!

Calcs (open)

Chatot, Fly (7 energy)=Chatot flies high!
    Baltoy, Calm Mind (7 energy)=Baltoy +1 SpA, +1 SpD
    Chatot strikes! 12 damage

Chatot, Encore (10 energy)=Calm Mind encored for 3 actions.

Chatot strikes! 12 damage

End:
    Chatot, 55 HP, 22 energy (13 HP Sub)
    Baltoy, 21 HP, 34 energy (Encored [1a], +4 SpA, +4 SpD)

[​IMG]
    Chatot (M)
    Energy: 22
    Other:

VS

[​IMG]
    Baltoy – Sand Giant (X)
    HP: 21
    Energy: 34
    Stat Boosts/Drops: +4 SpA, +4 SpD, +1 Def
    Other: Encored (1a)

R_D, your actions.
  19. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

[​IMG]
    "It was all part of my plan." Ingram looked on as the tables finally shifted in his favor completely. With a Substitute still up and this much of an HP difference, he felt confident in his victory. He had only to follow through with it now. "Chatot, end this! Show no quarter!"

Chatot:
    Night Shade ~ Fly ~ Night Shade
  20. SimonSays

SimonSays

Hmm... Gotta be thoughtful with this...

Nah, can't do anything. Just make it look like we knew what we were doing.

Calm Mind(due to encore) ~ Harden ~ SelfDestruct
  21. TravelLog

TravelLog

[​IMG]
    Chatot (M)
    Energy: 22
    Other:

VS

[​IMG]
    Baltoy – Sand Giant (X)
    HP: 21
    Energy: 34
    Stat Boosts/Drops: +4 SpA, +4 SpD, +1 Def
    Other: Encored (1a)

Round Four: Down and Out

Hey everybody! Welcome back. When you last left us, Chatot had encored Baltoy into Calm Minding over and over. Low on energy, Chatot now decides to launch a Night Shade at Baltoy, who, though distraught, keeps calming its mind. How can it be so relaxed in the face of doom itself!?

In any case, Chatot now decides to fly up high, while Baltoy fruitlessly hardens, only serving to prolong the inevitable. Chatot takes the chance to strike, leaving Baltoy at the precipice of unconsciousness and defeat.

With a nod at Ingram, Chatot finishes the match with another Night Shade. Rising_Dusk wins!

Calcs (open)

Chatot, Night Shade (7 energy)=10 damage

Baltoy, Harden (5 energy)=Baltoy +1 Def.
    Chatot Strikes! 10 damage.

Chatot, Night Shade (7 energy)=10 damage. Baltoy KOed.

[​IMG]
    Chatot (M)
    Energy: 1
    Other:

VS

[​IMG]
    Baltoy – Sand Giant (X)
    HP: KO
    Energy: KO
    Stat Boosts/Drops: KO
    Other: KO

Good job to both participants. R_D wins!

R_D:
    2 TC
    Chatot gets no EC (N/A), 2 MC, 1 DC, and 1 KOC

SimonSays:
    2 TC
    Baltoy gets 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC

Metal Bagon and TravelLog (yours truly) each get 2 RC.

Side note: Metal Bagon, please mark this as completed. Also, as you did not finish this match, I think you should ref one more before graduating and becoming a registered ref. I think a 2v2 or 3v3 doubles match might be a good choice.
  22. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk

[​IMG]
    Ingram nods at his opponent and recalls his Pokemon. "Thanks for the battle! I'm sure we'll see each other elsewhere in the future, but until then, I bid thee adieu."

(Thanks for reffing Metal Bagon and TravelLog!)
  23. SimonSays

SimonSays

Moderators Battled: 2/5
    Moderators Defeated: 0/5
    New Quest Unlocked: Teach Baltoy how to sleep inappropriately.

A good game, Dusk. Shame about the loss, but that's just a part of growing, you know?

Ohh, and Baltoy doesn't have a DreamWorld Ability, so no points there.
    And Doubles are hard to Ref, but it'll teach you skills that you need. It's teaching me, at least. =]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)