RitterCat's iPhone art

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lol what he said about your lineart is somewhat right. The lines might not be smooth but thats because you're using your finger >.> go get a stylus :P

BUT I really applaud your shading. It's detailed etc ^_^ good choice of colors too! :)

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your work is really great! I can't believe you did all of that on your iPod. I bet like everyone is going to get that app now lol. Your work is really funny and very in depth and detailed. I love it!

Turns out my dad has a stylus :)
How do my lines look now?
73% poisonous Crobat

THIS PICTURE WAS FOR MY DEAREST MAFEKING WHO WILL RECIPROCATE VERY SOON AND IF HE DOESN'T THEN CONSEQUENCES

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL THERE REALLY ARE NO WORDS

also fack your purugly is like so bad compared to this THERE WILL BE MANY EFFORTS I WILL BECOME GOOD AT CATS FOR YOUUUUU

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ahahaha great concept! Green and purple are contrasting colors iirc. It's not obvious but the left green glow is cut off because you drew to the edge of the screen >.> w/e it's minor.

The line art is still a little edgy >.> you can try using faster strokes to reduce that but if that doesn't work, all that's left if just more practice with the stylus lol >.> as usual, your shading is awesome! ^_^ glow in the dark crobat hahaha

You are getting there with the lines, they still need more work though. If you have layers in the program of your phone that you use, you can also do a quick sketch on one layer and then add another layer for doing the black line work (zooming helps with focusing) and later erase the sketched layer. This has helped me a lot when I do digital art. But other than that, you coloring and shading are still top notch. Another suggestion with the Crobat, try adding a bit more glow on the top so it reflects a bit more.

The thing is, I DO start out with a sketch layer and I DO zoom in ridiculously when doing my lines so I'm not sure what else there is to try. Maybe faster strokes?
Anyway this piece was for a competition at my school where we had to make a Christmas card for the principal which had an Australian feel and a feel of our school (the location is in my school, and my school has bagpipers so that explains the bagpipes and kilts)

Hey, cool! The stylus really improves the quality of the lines; love the Crobat. The lines still need a little work, but there is a limit to what you can do on a phone without faster lines, I guess.
The actual shape of the Crobat could probably taper a little more around the bottom left (my left) but otherwise, it looks great, and the Santa picture is fantastic fun. :)

Okay I have been busy/smoog arting so this is all I have at the moment
CONTEXT FOR THE PIC
we are doing Macbeth in English which is boring so I draw in class and I drew the character Macduff really buff so he is Macbuff and probably no one will post because it isn't Pokemon but this is my thread I do what I want

I'm posting, because manly men in kilts are awesome. And that is rather humorous. Good job. Is that pen?

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ritter why did you draw me I am so confused yet honored?

EDIT: I don't have a large forehead UGH >:( >:( >:(

Endorfins

Your Worst Nightmare
is a Contributor Alumnus
That Christmas Card is definitely gonna win :)
Since you thought drawing a Cryogonal would be too hard :p , I would instead like to request a Cofagrigus.
Thanks in advance!

Getting into the Olympic spirit with some weightlifting and some gymnastics!

Which other sports should I draw when bored in class?

Basketball coming up soon! (I left the drawing at school...facepalm)
BUT FIRST WINGULL for paint <3
you owe me a purugly n_n

Wow, there's a major improvement with your lineart Ritter. I see a vast improvement here, and the background is simple, yet effective and pleasing to the eye. I love it! Only thing I would suggest is that with his winking eye, it looks almost too baggy, with the grey shadow underline. But that's the only critisizm that I can think of! Absolutely fantastic Ritter. Another fine piece by you.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
RITTERBRAT THIS IS THE WORST ART EVER YOU SUCK BURN EVERYTHING

Nah, jk, it's really nice. :) Better than what I'd draw :o

The nest thing to draw would be a Dratini with an IQ of 48

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)