ORAS OU RMORAST

Cloud_Motion

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Opening thoughts.

This team features Mega Gardevoir as either an opener, or potential mid/late game sweeper, as well as two more purely-offensive Pokemon, and two 'walls', with Rotom-W filling in as a Special Wall+staller/light attacker, then I have Excadrill in the back with Rapid Spin to clear up any hazards, but I'm really unsure about him, as he provides an extra weakness that my team already has two of, but I'll get to that later.

Team:

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Taunt
A pretty standard set on most Mega Gardevoir's, except I removed the Focus Blast, as I hate relying on the shoddy accuracy of it, and Gardevoir is almost always 2HKO'd by pretty much any move, so I opted for Shadow Ball in it's place, as it allows me to really hurt Gengar/any Aegislash I encounter. Whilst I know Focus Blast is more-than-likely a better choice here, I just don't want to have to rely on that accuracy.

I didn't opt for Taunt either, as Gardevoir is occasionally outsped and isn't usually allowed to get up a Taunt, even if close to fainting. So I figured a Tbolt would allow me to do more damage to standard walls or those trying to set up such as Skarmory. I'm really not too sure about having a Tbolt here, but with Rotom-W having the only Electric move on my team (Volt Tackle) and doing hardly any damage at that, I figured it'd be better to put Tbolt on someone with high SpA, such as Gardevoir.

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect
I was reading about Bisharp's type-synergy with Gardevoir, and I agree that they go together quite well. Gardevoir can destroy the likes of Terakkion and Breloom, who would otherwise give Bisharp and his Steel issues, allowing me to safely switch in to the guy.

The Life Orb is on him to allow hims to deal more damage, and with him being pretty frail anyway, it's not like the loss of health is too much of a big deal. Knock off allows for some reliable, powerful STAB damage, and cripples the opponent by removing their items, whilst Sucker Punch does great damage for those who I know are sweepers. Lastly, Protect allows for a bit of scouting, though I never seem to be able to reliably utilise it.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
I love this guy, aside from being a nice Wall, he has the ability to do nice damage with Hydro Pump, as well as safely switch back into a party member who'd be more suitable for the opposing. The Chesto Berry also lets me get off at least one free rest, increasing Rotom's longevity.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
As useful and strong as Ferrothorn is, I just can't do with his Weaknesses on my team. I already have Bishop and Excadrill who are weak to Fire, and a simple Fire Punch/Flamethrower is enough to basically eliminate this guy. So if anybody has any recommendations for a replacement for him, that'd be great.

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Superpower
Dragonite covers a ton of resistances on my team, being able to hit half of the OU metagame, such as Chansey, Metagross, Magnezone, those being the first few examples that pop into my head.

Outrage does huge damage, but can usually allow the opponent to bring in a resistant Pokemon and get hazards/stat boosts up, and even get in an Ice Beam, which thanks to Multiscale, can sometimes be survived at minimal health if he hasn't taken Rocks damage.

Extreme Speed allows me to get in some quick, decent damage on those that might outspeed.

Excadrill (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
And lastly is this guy, whom I'm really not sure about. Excadrill checks off the large fire weakness that some members have, and is decent for getting rid of hazards, but I just don't know about him... STAB Earthquake is great, and Rapid Spin is super useful, but he just feels like a weak link who could potentially be replaced by someone more useful.

But then again, he has saved me quite a few times against MegaZard-Y and Mega Scizor, whom, unless I outspeed with Dragonite (fat chance) and pull off a Superpower, can usually be hit heavily with a Rock Slide.

Not a bad set, but I have a few recommendations. Firstly, I know you said you don't run Taunt on your Gardevoir despite the export showing otherwise, but Taunt really is helpful with breaking walls by forcing them to fight offensively on her terms, a fight she'll win with her ridiculous offensive capabilities. Gardevoir excels as a stall-breaker with Taunt. Focus Blast is more helpful than Shadow Ball too, you have plenty of Gengar support, you need T-Tar and Heatran support.
Secondly, the only thing I see Protect doing for Bisharp is Hi Jump Kick blocking Mega Lop, but besides that it's a wast of a moveslot. Run SD. a +2 Bisharp can be very very hard to deal with and would give your team some great support if you set him up. I'd recommend Black Glasses too for no recoil but still giving you major beef behind your Sucker Punches.
Yeah Excadrill is not that great, he's much better for sand teams honestly. An alternative option is Defog Latios. He checks Fire types effectively and can fight back with Surf or EQ. Latios would also balance out you physical and special attackers so you're not overloaded on one side.
I have an alternative spread for Ferro too that lets him take a Focus Blast from Gardevoir and OHKO back with Gyro Ball.
Hope this helped.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf / Earthquake
- Defog

EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Cloud_Motion

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Not a bad set, but I have a few recommendations. Firstly, I know you said you don't run Taunt on your Gardevoir despite the export showing otherwise, but Taunt really is helpful with breaking walls by forcing them to fight offensively on her terms, a fight she'll win with her ridiculous offensive capabilities. Gardevoir excels as a stall-breaker with Taunt. Focus Blast is more helpful than Shadow Ball too, you have plenty of Gengar support, you need T-Tar and Heatran support.
Secondly, the only thing I see Protect doing for Bisharp is Hi Jump Kick blocking Mega Lop, but besides that it's a wast of a moveslot. Run SD. a +2 Bisharp can be very very hard to deal with and would give your team some great support if you set him up. I'd recommend Black Glasses too for no recoil but still giving you major beef behind your Sucker Punches.
Yeah Excadrill is not that great, he's much better for sand teams honestly. An alternative option is Defog Latios. He checks Fire types effectively and can fight back with Surf or EQ. Latios would also balance out you physical and special attackers so you're not overloaded on one side.
I have an alternative spread for Ferro too that lets him take a Focus Blast from Gardevoir and OHKO back with Gyro Ball.
Hope this helped.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf / Earthquake
- Defog

EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
Oooh. I actually made it in Showdown and stuck taunt on there before changing it. I just never saw the viability of it on Gardevoir, but I never thought of using her to destroy walls, in all honesty. I just don't really have any idea when to use taunt, should I bring out Gardy when someone brings out a wall and tries to set up?

I'll definitely get rid of Protect on Bisharp, love the idea of an already powerful physical attacker at +2.

I've actually been wanting to incorporate Latios into my team for quite a while, so I'm definitely going to get my Eon Ticket situation sorted out and bring him in. Would you recommend Latios over Latias though? With Latias having more bulk and Ferro being quite easily decimated by one fire move, wouldn't it be better to get me a bit more bulk support, or would you think it best to just stick with Latios' more offensive stats?

I'm grinding for a reset bag for my Ferro as we speak, but would you think it'd be better for the +10% in Defense with Sassy, or to keep the +10% in SpD with Relaxed?

Lastly, thanks a ton for the response.

Well Gardevoir is a wall-breaker as opposed to a sweeper, her job mainly is to cripple and destroy walls, Bisharp seems more like your sweeper which is why SD is vital. Yeah, Taunt is a must to get those fat-fuck walls off opposing teams to make it easy to clean up or force switches and put the momentum in your favour.
Either is an option, but I'd recommend Latios above anything given that you already have a defensive pair in Rotom and Ferro. Latios is designed mainly to fight back and hit hard too, Latias I'd recommend a different set for which will leave you with only two STAB moves and no coverage given that there's little other reason to run Latias if you don't give it Roost or Healing Wish. I'd say stick with Latios, but if you want me to leave you a standard Latias spread to try out then I can dig one out.
Sassy. Without the specially defensive investment your Ferro stops being a Gardevoir check and you could be left open to take some very heavy fire. A specially defensive Ferro with a physically defensive Rotom is a pretty solid defensive core too.

Cloud_Motion

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
She is? Well all of this time I've been trying to user her more as a Special Sweeper.

Would you recommend a different move for Bisharp in place of Iron Head for more variety? With Ferrothorn already having Gyro Ball?

I think I'm gonna go for Latios then, given that reasoning. Like you say, I already have Rotom and Ferro, so I'm sure I'll welcome the extra damage. But with having Latios on here, do you think it's still wise to have Banded, Adamant Dragonite as well?

Also, my Rotom has 212 EV's in SpD, not in Defence. Should I swap those around for him?

Gonna get on breeding a Sassy Ferrothorn soon then.

Nope, leave Iron Head on there, since Bisharp appreciates his hard-hitting STABs.
Dragonite does give you a very hard-hitting coverage and priority which helps you out a lot. If the Ice weakness really does turn out to hurt then bring it up and we'll see what we can do, but I think you should be ok if you play carefully with Ice types and Greninja and keep your Dragonite's Multiscale in tact as best you can.
Yes, swap them around. Rotom is best as a physical wall to hold Birdspam and Lando-T at bay relatively well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)