Lapras (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 68 SAtk / 188 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf

You know that your Gardevoir is going to be outspeeded by most standards, right? And she has poor DEF, so Will-o-Wisp might help. Let's see... Fire Punch for Metagross, Ice Punch or Salamence and friends, and Thunderbolt for all those Bulky Water. You might want to get this one:

Gardevoir @Leftovers
Trace
252 EV SP. ATT; 252 EV Speed; 4 EV HP
Thunderbolt/Ice Punch
Psychic
Calm Mind
Will-o-Wisp

(check out the one on my team)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22957

Then you could replace Arcanine's Howl with Overheat for Skarmory and Metagross. (I think it will kill Metagross with STAB)

The rest looks quite good.

Gardevoir won't outspeed hardly anything even with max EVs in speed. And I've managed to blow past Salamence and Dugtrio without break. Calm Mind isn't going to help either, as Gardevoir isn't going to last long enough to make use of it. It's ready to start sweeping as is.

That's untrue. Look at it this way, if people are still using Magneton, then max out Gardevoir's HP+Def, give it trace, once Magneton kills something, come in with both CM and Rest, barring a CH or Metal Sound, you will get off a +6, and being most likely slower, as it wakes up after that last Rest, you will finish it off and have a fresh Gardevoir. It doesn't even get close to OHKO'd by CBMence's HPFly btw.

Also, Tauros lead is a lot better.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
agreeing with mop. tauros lead is a lot better. and more times than not, it'd probably be wise to let fly with an iron tail. you gotta think another intimidator may come in (although that's a risky switch for something like salamence), a normal resist, or a normal immunity. don't be afraid to be bold with that first turn. it could really help you get off to a great start.

tauros, lapras, and forry look fine to me. i'd like to see a special stab on arcanine. what is the point of aerial ace? you shouldn't be worrying about evasion. and extremespeed should have enough PP to make a pretty big impact on the battle regardless.

not sure about toxic on miltank. seems more like a filler. i don't know its movepool all that well, but im sure you could fine something more valuable to the team. i'd even prefer thunder-wave, which i think it gets in the 3rd gen.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Yepyep. When I used a Tauros on one of my teams I found myself using Iron Tail more then Return/Double-Edge, lol. It's especially useful against teams without steel types.

Also, I'd get enough to outspeed Modest Magneton (240) if you're going with Aeroblactyl's suggestion for Gardevoir. More likely than not you'll be CHed during the process so it's nice to get off a quick Rest before it hits you again for the KO.

Something like this:
Gardevoir (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

I've been on NB for awhile these days, and not once have I seen Magneton. I'm starting to see more Dugtrio then usual though. And I don't know about changing Tauros to the lead. I've seen people leading with Mence a heck of alot, and they always try to kill Gardevoir, only get her down to about 49% health, and then die from Ice Punch. And even after that she's managed to survive Dugtrio's Earthquake and KO him even when she's that low on heath thanks to Ice Punch. Her lead has been basicly 2 free KOs every battle I've been in.

You're facing less than quality opponents imo, because one, if you're using DDMence, you're not risking it first turn against someone that can 1, burn you, 2, sleep you, 3, set up a screen before switching to something that counters you even more, or 4, kill you. Or, it's a CBMence, which no way in hell should be doing only 51% to your EV'd Gardevoir. And the Dugtrios you're facing are also CBless, as a Dugtrio can do roughly what, 35% to a Suicune, 40% to a Swampert, yet not do roughly 50% to Gardevoir?

And if you're not seeing any Magnetons, doesn't that tell you to use Skarmory?

It's a BL team. Skarm is a staple on all my OU teams. For now, Forretress is my Skarm on this team. And I can tell when they're leading with a sleeper. Mostly everyone I see leads with obvious sleepers, like Smeargle and Breloom. I'm mainly just going by what I've been seeing the most on teams.

(BTW, I didn't know what board to post this on without being spam, so I'll just ask here. Does anyone know any working links to the R/S/E articles for team building, tier lists, ect.?)

Well, last time I editted the tier list it was in OU. ._.

Also why would I mention DP era in the RS forum in terms of a pokemon's usage? ._.

Well, if that's the case, since Skarm takes less from that, doesn't that make it that skarm benefits more? Skarm also gives you a phazer, and so much more phsyical resistence than Skarmory would. Plus, Forretress is bait for things that you already have trouble with, such as Heracross, who can easily Sub+SD, or Sala/Gyara who can come in, Intimidate your kaboom and start DD'ing up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)