Gen 1 RMT anyone?

Yo just wanna know what you think of my team.

Attacks: Psychic, Recover, Thunder Wave, Reflect

Victreebel was my lead, but I found that there were too many people starting out with Jynx, Gengar or Alakazam and it was either getting put to sleep or losing most of its health from ice or psychic moves. Gengar hits with his sleep move more than half the time and even then Victreebel can miss. Alakazam can paralyze Gengar so Hypnosis is even less likely to work, or use Psychic to do big damage or if it gets a critical it can take it out in one hit. It's still based on luck but not as much as lead Victreebel.

Attacks: Razor Leaf, Swords Dance, Body Slam, Sleep Powder

I use Victreebel because I don't wanna just use a 'standard' team and not put my own spin on it. Sleep Powder to sleep something then try to Swords Dance up and use either Body Slam or Razor Leaf as needed. It can handle Slowbro with its Amnesia move too.

I'm thinking about whether I should get rid of Swords Dance for Stun Spore so he can sleep and paralyze and since he doesn't seem to get to set up too often, or get rid of Sleep Powder for Hyper Beam and make him an all out attacker. But I like the set as is.

Attacks: Psychic, Blizzard, Thunderbolt, Recover

Pretty standard except for Psychic instead of Thunder Wave. I have 5 others that can paralyze and without Psychic he gets no attack bonus on anything so I'd rather give him that. He could have Surf instead but Psychic lowers special and Blizzard handles most of what Surf can.

Attacks: Thunderbolt, Drill Peck, Thunder Wave, Light Screen

Thunderbolt and Drill Peck hurt almost anything, Thunder Wave for paralysis and I use Light Screen instead of the other suggested moves because I like higher defenses over having higher speed from Agility.

Attacks: Body Slam, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Explosion

Golem over Rhydon because of Explosion and it can beat Rhydon since its speed is a little higher. It's the standard set for it but I've been using it a long time before I heard about Smogon because it's pretty much the best moves it has. Earthquake is its main move, Body Slam for when you guess a switch to a faster monster and hopefully paralyze it. Rock Slide for flyers and Explosion to blow up high value targets like Starmie.

Attacks: Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Blizzard

Tauros is a recent add to the team and I haven't been able to try him as much since it's kinda hard to find RBY matches on Netbattle these days. Before Tauros I was using Snorlax and it didn't seem to suit the team too great I think because of its slow speed. But Tauros with its great speed and good power seems like a solid monster to round out the team.

I honestly think you have a very good team; the Pokemon seem to balance each other and off-set their weaknesses. Personally, I would try to add another Sleeper in there, but I can't see anyone to remove. :v)

Also, I admire how your party isn't full of O.U's, very original. It made me re-work aspects of my own party.

I see an Ice weakness, maybe it's just me, but it's not that large. As long as Tauros comes in easily, you'll get around that weakness. Unless you face like an Articuno or something...

I see an Ice weakness, maybe it's just me, but it's not that large. As long as Tauros comes in easily, you'll get around that weakness. Unless you face like an Articuno or something...
Starmie & Alakazam can hold them off. His best counter to a foe like Articuno or an opposing Starmie would be Alakazam because it can take the hit, T-wave the Starmie if it stays in, or Recover off the damage if you predict it's going to switch out.

Other than that, if you're not using Wrap on Victreebel, than it's best if you replace it with the standard Venusaur set. It has all the same moves, but it's stats are better than Victreebel's.

~ Aether Nexus

Yo guys, thanks for the answers.

@ Mirror. Glad you like my team man. Yeah I like to be different even if it's just one attack like making Starmie more offensive by giving it Psychic. About adding another sleeper, yeah I could, but you can only have one enemy monster asleep at once so you probably don't need more than one.

@ LB. You're right I didn't even notice half my team is weak to ice. Guess it's never been a big issue. And like AN said, Alakazam and Starmie handles em pretty well.

@ Aether Nexus. Victreebel's attack is actually a good bit higher than Venusaur's. Venusaur has higher defense and a little higher speed though. The extra attack is why I picked Victreebel. I like Venusaur too though and I might give it a shot.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
use t-wave instead of psychic on starmie. rby leaves very little room for originality and psychic serves no purpose on the set. you can never have too much twave on a team

exeggutor would be better than victreebel but you're trying to maintain some sense of originality so i don't expect you to put exeggutor in

@ Aether Nexus. Victreebel's attack is actually a good bit higher than Venusaur's. Venusaur has higher defense and a little higher speed though. The extra attack is why I picked Victreebel. I like Venusaur too though and I might give it a shot.
True, it does, but Victreebel has an advantage not only in slightly higher stats but with Wrap, as I mentioned before. You can use that over Body Slam, because Body Slam can Paralyze something you intended to put to Sleep if it switches in.

With Venusaurs slightly higher defenses and can also Swords Dance, so it can take a little bit more damage than Victreebel and hit just as hard. With +2/4/6 SD should take anything down in RBY, especially with STAB Razor Leaf.
use t-wave instead of psychic on starmie. rby leaves very little room for originality and psychic serves no purpose on the set. you can never have too much twave on a team

exeggutor would be better than victreebel but you're trying to maintain some sense of originality so i don't expect you to put exeggutor in
Yeah, I can't believe I didn't see that. Yeah, ditch Psychic on Starmie; it's a pointless move to have on it unless you fear Gengar or the 10% chance to miss with Blizzard on something like Venusaur.

Locopoke, he can also use a late-game sweeper Starmie after Chansey & Alakazam (or Snorlax/Tobybro that didn't set up) are no longer in your opponents arsenal:

Starmie

~ Surf / Hydro Pump
~ Thunderbolt / Thunder
~ Blizzard
~ Recover

This should finish off anything late-game. You have no need to T-wave anything as you should be faster than many things unless they T-wave you, but you should be able to finish off anything that's been decently damaged during the game.

Hydro Pump and Thunder are there for the extra power, but they're not recommended as STAB Surf, Thunderbolt and Blizzard deals with everything in RBY not named Chansey or Alakazam (but like I said, they should be scouted first and dealt with before this thing comes out).

~ Aether Nexus

Yeah, you have 3 ice-weaks and only 1 ice-resist; I could see that being a problem. Props for using Victreebel; it's my 6th favorite pkmn. But you might want to consider Wrap. With the moveset you currently have on it, there's hardly any reason (nothing more than 46 points of attack) not to use Venusaur instead. Besides, both of them get to 999 attack with 3 SD's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)