1. The moderators of this forum are Celticpride, IronBullet, Snowy, and Sun.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

RMT Archive & Showcase nomination thread [OU edition]

Discussion in 'SM OU Teams' started by IronBullet, Feb 4, 2017.

1. IronBullet

IronBullet Astronomy Domine
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    RMT Co-Leader

Hello and welcome to the Generation 7 OU RMT nomination thread!

Here, you're free to nominate any SM OU RMTs that you feel deserve a spot in the RMT Archive. Here are the kind of teams that we are looking for when building the archive:
    • Teams that introduced a new strategy that became widely popular. Example: this team introduced Genesect Sun teams.
    • Teams that represent the best build for a popular archetype during a given period of the metagame. Example: this team was the best Rain offense build towards the end of the BW era.
    • Teams that have been proven to be especially successful. Example: this team won OST 8.
    You are also welcome to nominate any RMTs that you feel deserve a spot in the Team Showcase forum. If you see a team that you think should be showcased, simply post it in this thread with brief reasoning. Some are more obvious than others so a single sentence works (i.e. tournament winning teams), but otherwise just a couple of lines works. The bar for showcasing teams is lower than for archiving them, but they should still be excellently presented and have some degree of success, such as tour or ladder achievements, as a minimum requirement.

-------------------

With that said, I'd like to lay down a few ground rules:
    • DO NOT BANDWAGON
      • Only one person can nominate a certain team.
      • There's no need to post here saying "I agree with this nomination". If I see any of this, your post will be deleted and possibly infracted.
    • JUSTIFY YOUR NOMINATION
      • This is self-explanatory. Explain why you nominated a team in a few sentences.
    • DO NOT NOMINATE YOUR OWN TEAMS
      • Please refrain from posting your own teams. If it deserves a spot, it'll be nominated.
    • DO NOT NOMINATE REJECTED TEAMS
      • Rejected teams can only be nominated again only once, and nominations will need to be backed up by solid reasoning. Nominating rejected teams multiple times will result in an infraction.
    -------------------

Here's the format for nominating teams. Failure to follow this format will result in your post being ignored:

Title of the team: Make sure to include a link to the RMT.

For archive or showcase: Specify which forum you're nominating it for.

Justification: Brief summary of why you think the team should be added.

-------------------
    ARCHIVED
    -------------------

Accepted Teams (open)

[​IMG] Core 4 - John
    January 2017 - Bulky Offense

[​IMG] under the rainbow - KratosMana
    March 2017 - Balance

[​IMG] Triple Z - obii
    March 2017 - Balance

[​IMG] Times Like These - ez
    April 2017 - Bulky Offense

[​IMG] The PO Show - Posho
    July 2017 - Bulky Offense

-------------------
    REJECTED
    -------------------
    Rejected Teams (open)
  2. IronBullet

is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    RMT Co-Leader

Hogg, Listless, Celticpride and 5 others like this.
  3. Imperator Caesar

Imperator Caesar

Hi, I'd like to nominate robopoke's team: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ith-double-sash-2036-and-1971-points.3606976/ for some reasons:
    -The more obvious is his set of magearna, I can be wrong but this man create this bulky double dancer magearna set which is ridiculously efficient.
    -He plays 2 sash mons and we all know that it's really uncommon moreover he popularized Azelf lead in SM OU.
    -Even if his Zygarde set is really gimmick it finds a good niche in the team that Robopoke built and probably in many teams.

To conclude in my opinion this team has some arguments like originality which SM OU's metagame lacks and it's really easy to see that this man worked hard in order to build this team so we need to reward his effort.

Edit: Rejected
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
  4. Gary

Gary Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Double Dance Magearna was by no means popularized by Robopoke. It was seen multiple times in WCOP before this team was posted and was seen once or twice in SPL used originally by Kratosmana iirc.

Lead Azelf is by no means a new thing and has been a thing since ORAS when it was spammed on ladder and popularized by CTC/xtrashine. It's also not nearly as common as it used to be to be compared to more commonly seen HOs such as Webs and Aurora Veil.

I don't think this team really represents the meta at all in any particular way and most of the things you mentioned that he popularized are just downright not true lol.
  5. IronBullet

RMT Co-Leader

Times Like These by ez and The PO Show by Posho are our latest archived OU RMTs! Congrats guys. We'll also be writing up some staff RMTs for builds that have been influential in the development of the SM OU metagame so far, so stay tuned for those.
  6. robopoke

robopoke

Yo, can you share the replay with Double Dance Magearna with Leftovers that was popularized by someone in a tournament before I posted the rmt? The only thing I saw was TDK Double Dance but with Electrium, not Leftovers, which btw is the most used item after AV.
    Assault Vest 30.739% | Leftovers 27.357% | Fightinium Z 12.298% | Fairium Z 10.637% | Electrium Z 7.536% | Shuca Berry 4.263% | Steelium Z 2.046% | Expert Belt 1.046% | Other 4.077%

I also saw this interesting poll:
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Hobojoe28 and OrangeGuru like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)