Gen 1 RMT fisrt RBY team!

Hi everyone! I play a tournement (N64 Stadium) with following rules:
Pokemon: #001 - #149
Banned Skills: wrap, clamp, fire spin

Ive never played competitive pokemon before so I read along this awesome forum and here is my current team:

EXEGGUTOR
Explosion
Psych
Sleeppowder
Stunspore

SNORLAX
Bodyslam
Amnesia
Selfdestruction
Blizzard

STARMIE
Blizzard
Thunderwave
Thunderbolt
Rest

CHANSEY
Icebeam
Softboiled
Thunderwave
Thunderbolt

TAUROS
Blizzard
Bodyslam
Earthquake
Hyperbeam

GOLEM
Bodyslam
Earthquake
Explosion
Rockslide

Maybe a second sleeper?

THX
(and sorry for my englishskills)
FLOW

Banned Skills: wrap, clamp, fire spin
I'm assuming you're also banning things like minimize and double team?

Sleep is significantly worse on Stadium, so I wouldn't necessarily use a 2nd sleeper.
I'd definitely put recover on Starmie instead of Rest.
Your Snorlax set is rather unconventional, but I think it'll work out pretty well so I'm reluctant to suggest any replacements.
Other than that it's all pretty decent/standard RBY. :)

I have used that snorlax set in the past to decent success. It's ok, if you are going to be creative with one pokemon in rby, it should be snorlax.

Either way, just make Starmie recover and you are good to go. This is probably the most standard team to ever exist in rby tbh.

As someone who's actually played stadium, substitute >>>>> hyper beam on tauros. Substitute is incredible, I'd put it on golem too tbh (over rock slide). Sub/amnesia snorlax is amazing if you manage to paralyze one of their special attackers but your set is good too.

I have used that snorlax set in the past to decent success. It's ok, if you are going to be creative with one pokemon in rby, it should be snorlax.

Either way, just make Starmie recover and you are good to go. This is probably the most standard team to ever exist in rby tbh.
how would you play snorlax in this team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)